2009 WRX vs 2006 350z

This is a discussion on 2009 WRX vs 2006 350z within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; so, got my 2009 wrx hatch friday btw. ordered up the accessport sunday the guy shipped it monday got it ...

2009 WRX vs 2006 350z

so, got my 2009 wrx hatch friday btw. ordered up the accessport sunday the guy shipped it monday got it yesterday. i don't mess around haha. what can i say, i loved the car when i got it and stage 1 really just smoothed it out nicely and the power gain is slight but it's there. so, we were messing around ont he highway above 70 most of the time, i waited for him to do a flyby(to get a feel)and i caught up to him. so, we lined it up, stayed in forth probably around 70mph went at it, he was at my back door pretty instant then i just let 4th finish out and i was pulling him nice and slightly which actually surprised me. all i know is that he was behind me not sure how much but at 130 i was paying attention to the road haha. i raced a gtp with a loud supercharger from a 20mph roll that was a joke and a half, no real story there. ohh, and i raced the girl i'm "seeing" brand new pontiac G6 and guess what, I WON haha. can't wait to get my turboxs stealthback so i can go stage 2, that's where the fun is i've heard.
    Soon to be Stage 2.5 WRX.....

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Hmmm..I guess you're into the "thrash it from the get-go" break-in methodology. Congrats on the new car!
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

Would Never, Ever Say Something Bad About an Admin's Mom SonicWagon's Avatar
    might be slightly used?

How many miles on it?
    "It is at our most challenging times that we must cheat our very hardest" - Eric Theodore Cartman
    Quote Originally Posted by Weasel 555 View Post
    so whose up for been banned?
    Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post
    I is teh b1ggest douche evarrrr!~

well, i think it's at it's perfect break in point, bought it with 6800 now there's just above 7k so it's broken in. hit an empty strip of highway and got to 140mph even only 2nd time in my life doing that, ran out of highway though. not really a "go top end" type of guy.
    Last edited by gigabytexbc; 02-03-2010 at 12:00 PM.

Enjoy it, watch out for those pesky curbs that seem to swell at this time of year.

you never did get to the part about the 350z.
    "It is at our most challenging times that we must cheat our very hardest" - Eric Theodore Cartman

just a buddy of mine who left where we were first. then i was on the highway and there he was. we were just messing around but no doubt he just couldn't keep up which i was surprised. we did one actual "line up and go" race and he hit it first then me and i just instantly had him at my back door then i could tell i was just pulling him but it was dark and i had to pay attention to the road. i know they're no joke on the highway. so my guess is, down low, it wouldn't even be close. i love the instant torque on this car compared to my vf48 2.0L it makes all the difference in the world. especially on the highway and even more so in the city. the car is running better today than yesterday, i know when i reflashed my 05 wrx it took a day or 2 to really get going.

i made a big thread about me vs a gti not to long ago that was apr stage 2. he killed me on the highway when i was a vf48 2.0L. i think it had to do with his instant power. it's not all about peak power. i want to call the same guy up and be like, want to run them again...just to see what kind of a difference there is. these 2009 wrxs are no joke. i haggled in heated seats for mine and im getting a gti as a rental haha that already is apr tuned.

Quote Originally Posted by gigabytexbc View Post
    just a buddy of mine who left where we were first. then i was on the highway and there he was. we were just messing around but no doubt he just couldn't keep up which i was surprised. we did one actual "line up and go" race and he hit it first then me and i just instantly had him at my back door then i could tell i was just pulling him but it was dark and i had to pay attention to the road. i know they're no joke on the highway. so my guess is, down low, it wouldn't even be close. i love the instant torque on this car compared to my vf48 2.0L it makes all the difference in the world. especially on the highway and even more so in the city. the car is running better today than yesterday, i know when i reflashed my 05 wrx it took a day or 2 to really get going.

ususally when i put a new base map on it takes a week or so to adjust.

i was playing around with a friend who has an 09 and ya, it is much much faster than my 2.0L.

yea it's just so, idk, different i'm really proud with subaru. i love the interior to. im very happy with my hatchback to. i put those back seats down and i was like wow, you could have sex with 2 chicks back here haha. i'm in the process of making it the premium version. already have the heated seats. the heated mirrors are pretty pointless as are the heated wipers. the 6 cd changer is easy to find and i was planning on upgrading the speakers at bestbuy anyways, they did mine last time and did an EXCELLENT job. the 4 speakers i have now are actually pretty decent. i didnt' want a sunroof either just never used it. can't wait to get my perrin tmic and a custom tune by my buddy jorge at p&l motorsports. i dont think im going to bother upgrading the fuel, whatever power jorge gets me at i'll be happy with, you can never be the fastest anyways. i want to keep it quiet, the ladies just don't like loud ha. so, im going turboxs stealthback which is like 350 bucks so not bad. probably k&n filter to always a good product to have and done. fog light kits are cheap and i wanted to do an HID kit, this car is begging for them.
    Last edited by gigabytexbc; 02-03-2010 at 12:32 PM.

[QUOTE=gigabytexbc;2572504] you can never be the fastest anyways./QUOTE]

and even then you might not be a good enough Driver, another buddy just got an 09 z06 and he keeps almost crashing it everytime he hits the gas in a corner.

exactly, i just wanted a car that faster than most out there that is MUCH nicer to drive in the city, since in chicago you have to drive like an ******* to get around and i need the low end torque. plus i'm a huge subaru guy, it all just worked out. plus, nothing wrong with 300whp which is my goal(my ego's goal anyways) my last car made about 270 whp

Quote Originally Posted by gigabytexbc View Post
    so, got my 2009 wrx hatch friday btw. ordered up the accessport sunday the guy shipped it monday got it yesterday. i don't mess around haha. what can i say, i loved the car when i got it and stage 1 really just smoothed it out nicely and the power gain is slight but it's there. so, we were messing around ont he highway above 70 most of the time, i waited for him to do a flyby(to get a feel)and i caught up to him. so, we lined it up, stayed in forth probably around 70mph went at it, he was at my back door pretty instant then i just let 4th finish out and i was pulling him nice and slightly which actually surprised me. all i know is that he was behind me not sure how much but at 130 i was paying attention to the road haha. i raced a gtp with a loud supercharger from a 20mph roll that was a joke and a half, no real story there. ohh, and i raced the girl i'm "seeing" brand new pontiac G6 and guess what, I WON haha. can't wait to get my turboxs stealthback so i can go stage 2, that's where the fun is i've heard.
    May i mention something about first flashing stage1.

When i first flashed my perrin performance stage 1 map in i too thought the power increase was just "slight". But after a week or so of driving, the ecu learns all its parameters again after you flash. So the more you push the faster it will learn. After a week or two you will start pushing your car and realize the true feel of the stage 1 map.

Every time you reflash it resets all the fuel trims that it learns over time. After you drive it a while you will feel way more power out of the stage 1 flash vs. how it felt when you first flashed it.
    2009 Impreza WRX Hatch.
    Cobb AccessPort: Cobb Protune @ Draco Performance
    346 ft/lbs 289 awhp.
    Perrin CAI.
    Perrin Performance Catback.
    Perrin Performance 3" catted downpipe
    SPT boost guage.

ohhh yea for sure even today it felt amazing. takes a couple fills of the tank to get it really going though that i understand. i just can't wait for stage 2 i just want to see what stage 1 can hang with for a little while. i have to find a heatshield that'll fit the new 09s with a bigger downpipe, i don't feel like hacking at my stock one, i want to keep things nice.

i got use out of that 0-60 and my first try(and only so far) i ran an even 4.8. this was done last night with a choppy but decent launch. lots of practice with my old one but this 2.5L i have to learn it out a little still, it's so much easier and i'm so used to my old one. i was very surprised though and happy with the 4.8 for a first try. my 60ft or whatever was 2.something ha, so, need to work on that. i could get it down much more, makes me wonder just how crazy stage 2 really is plus a protune which i will when i upgrade to a perrin tmic. how well do the injectors and fuel pump do? i heard past 300whp they're pretty much maxed.