08 STI Protuned Stg 2 vs (Modded) SRT4 - Page 4
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

This is a discussion on 08 STI Protuned Stg 2 vs (Modded) SRT4 within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by 2004NeonSRT4 i was nose to nose with a 08 gsxr1000. it had a pipe, filter, tune. from ...

Quote Originally Posted by 2004NeonSRT4 View Post
    i was nose to nose with a 08 gsxr1000. it had a pipe, filter, tune. from 60, shut down at 140 for up coming traffic. on pump gas tune. my fav race ever. and 99% people don't believe it. including me.
    doesnt matter, gsxr 100 will run all the way out to 180 mph.

does your SRT 4 do that.

I also know that there are guys out there on the bikes that dont know how to drive a 600 or 1000 cc sportbike worth a crap either.

And this is coming from a guy that has been riding sportbikes for 10 years. and im not talking about running up and down the interstates in shorts and t-shirts either. Im talking trackdays and exploiting the abilities that sportbikes where designed for.

i usually take literbike kill stories with a grain of salt. To many variables to consider. from a dig, from a roll, did he downshift far enough before attempting a roll race, did he pin the throttle in the right gear vs. flipping the bike over on himself. Can he lauch a bike from a dig or not.

not to say you didnt outrun said bike, but i know bikes are fast and it usually takes lot of car to beat 1000cc sport bikes that are capable of 9 second 1/4 mile times in the hands of an experince driver.
    2009 Impreza WRX Hatch.
    Cobb AccessPort: Cobb Protune @ Draco Performance
    346 ft/lbs 289 awhp.
    Perrin CAI.
    Perrin Performance Catback.
    Perrin Performance 3" catted downpipe
    SPT boost guage.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Liquidr1 View Post
    and it usually takes lot of car to beat 1000cc sport bikes that are capable of 9 second 1/4 mile times in the hands of an experince driver.
    I rode sportbikes for years; never owned a literclass, but rode several. I have lots of respect for them....but 560whp is a lot of car, IMO.
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post
    I rode sportbikes for years; never owned a literclass, but rode several. I have lots of respect for them....but 560whp is a lot of car, IMO.

Yeah 560whp is crazy fast, cant say Ive ever driven or been in a car with that kind of power but after riding a GSXR1000 K3 it would have to be insane!
    09 WRX Premium: AP, Perrin Stage 2, Perrin Intake, Perrin SS, Perrin TBE, BC Racing Coilovers
    Pioneer and JL Audio C2, W3, G6600 Stink eye Mob #24
    08+ Owners Gallery, add yours!!!

Quote Originally Posted by 2004NeonSRT4 View Post
    thanks for the props. hows that gto working out for ya pavia? i 'm pretty set on getting one next. ls2 6mt 175 shot.
    It's sitting in the garage waiting for the snow and salt to go away

Go heads, cam, FAST intake, and a 175 shot... with a ls7 clutch kit.

Stock shifter needs to go too. You won't like it... too notchy.
    06 GTO M6 Quicksilver, SLP 455 Bobcat, LS7 Clutch w/ SS line (RPM tune:373rwhp/373rwtq)
    07 WRX TR M5 Garnet Red Pearl w/ Straight PPGs and Cusco front LSD (Agile tune:307whp/343wtq)

doesnt matter, gsxr 100 will run all the way out to 180 mph.

does your SRT 4 do that.

I also know that there are guys out there on the bikes that dont know how to drive a 600 or 1000 cc sportbike worth a crap either.

And this is coming from a guy that has been riding sportbikes for 10 years. and im not talking about running up and down the interstates in shorts and t-shirts either. Im talking trackdays and exploiting the abilities that sportbikes where designed for.

i usually take literbike kill stories with a grain of salt. To many variables to consider. from a dig, from a roll, did he downshift far enough before attempting a roll race, did he pin the throttle in the right gear vs. flipping the bike over on himself. Can he lauch a bike from a dig or not.

not to say you didnt outrun said bike, but i know bikes are fast and it usually takes lot of car to beat 1000cc sport bikes that are capable of 9 second 1/4 mile times in the hands of an experince driver.
    speedo stops at 160mph (seen it a few times), with another 1,700 rpm to go. quick top speed calculator says it should go 224 before it runs out of gear. does it have the power to do that i dunno. but 180 i would say isn't hard. i didn't beat the bike i was just able to stay next to him. the rider i talked to him for a bit afterwords and he was around 40, tall thin and in a full one piece set of leathers. could of bin coming back from the track. it was a late summer sat night.

he got the jump on me from 60. turbo lag sucks. and was out front by a bike. i heard the limiter hit on his up shift which let me get side by side with him.
    RayfieldsWRX - "You like the feel of torque steer? Interesting"
    jd92677 - "I like the idea of mashing the gas and not knowing which way the car will go."
    -02 WRX 13.8@96 stock SOLD
    -04 SRT-4 626whp SOLD.
    -04 STi 13.3@102 stock. SOLD
    -04 SRT4 388whp DD SOLD

I think it's funny that no matter what car you have, if you post that you beat fill in the blank, somebody will try to call BS on it.

Kids with stock cars make up kill stories. Once you've spent the time and money to build a car with real power, why would you lie about what you've beaten? Over the past 20 years I've had my wins and losses and have never had the desire to make up a fake encounter.

On the bike story -- you can bet that the rider had no clue that when he went WOT, there would be a car right next to him the whole way. You don't run into many cars on the highway that trap like that.
    John M
    2000 Lincoln Continental - slow DD with the DOHC 4.6 and a Superchips tune
    1992 Lexus SC400 - slow resto project
    2005 Legacy GT Limited - SOLD Feb 2011 - Forged internals, FP HTA Green @ 22 psi.

Just to clarify, i suppose 560whp is a hell of a lot, and im sure the car is very fast, I just kind of figured that if my piped tuned GSXr 750 took down my buddys 527hp camaro thrice in a row then a FWD car wouldn't have a shot at a similar 1000cc bike. After reading more of this discussion, however, I realize that I have had a bike since I was 7, and if this dude had just bought his GSXr and was learning to ride, then it would be possible for a car like this SRT to keep up with him. Anyways, i retract my BS call, sorry if I offended anyone!
    "Buy the ticket, take the ride." -HST

I'd like to run that srt4 on my 954rr especially from a roll....at the track it would be a much better race i'm sure but why does everyone with a slightly faster car want to race a sportbike it makes no sense to me
    09 WRX Wagon

Quote Originally Posted by 1fst4cyl View Post
    I'd like to run that srt4 on my 954rr especially from a roll....at the track it would be a much better race i'm sure but why does everyone with a slightly faster car want to race a sportbike it makes no sense to me
    For the same reason that people like to measure their cars against faster ones, just in this case it's a ludicrous speed measurement.

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyCanuck View Post
    Just to clarify, i suppose 560whp is a hell of a lot, and im sure the car is very fast, I just kind of figured that if my piped tuned GSXr 750 took down my buddys 527hp camaro thrice in a row then a FWD car wouldn't have a shot at a similar 1000cc bike. After reading more of this discussion, however, I realize that I have had a bike since I was 7, and if this dude had just bought his GSXr and was learning to ride, then it would be possible for a car like this SRT to keep up with him. Anyways, i retract my BS call, sorry if I offended anyone!

i also would think any year camaro is going to be 500-1000lbs heavier than my neon. i also started from the best speed possible for my car. i ran the ricer math numbers before, the power to weight of the 2 vehicles is similar and the co efficient of drag is similar, add in a human driver and it makes the outcome very possible. i also know that if i ran a 1000cc on the race gas tune. it wouldn't have bin a contest. if i could get traction which was a problem from 60 in 3rd with 560whp let alone 625.

i would of loved to have raced more bikes/cars but i sold the car august of last year. i was made a offer for it i couldn't turn down.

raced a t67 supra at 17 psi to my t61 at 22psi. ignore the title and details there wrong. video was taken and posted by the other cdriver. it was shortened way down to not show how i drove right by him.

SingleT supra Vs. SRT4 with rod knock - Car Videos on StreetFire

only passes it made on the new setup, just a bunch of shake down runs, with launching off idle and granny shifting. still trapped 129 on pump.

Untitled.flv video by 2004neonsrt4 - Photobucket
    Last edited by 2004NeonSRT4; 02-03-2010 at 12:34 PM.
    jd92677 - "I like the idea of mashing the gas and not knowing which way the car will go."
    -04 SRT-4 626whp SOLD.
    -04 SRT4 388whp DD SOLD

Quote Originally Posted by John M View Post
    I think it's funny that no matter what car you have, if you post that you beat fill in the blank, somebody will try to call BS on it.

Kids with stock cars make up kill stories. Once you've spent the time and money to build a car with real power, why would you lie about what you've beaten? Over the past 20 years I've had my wins and losses and have never had the desire to make up a fake encounter.

On the bike story -- you can bet that the rider had no clue that when he went WOT, there would be a car right next to him the whole way. You don't run into many cars on the highway that trap like that.

prior to my post i had no idea his car that much power.
    2009 Impreza WRX Hatch.
    Cobb AccessPort: Cobb Protune @ Draco Performance
    346 ft/lbs 289 awhp.
    Perrin CAI.
    Perrin Performance Catback.
    Perrin Performance 3" catted downpipe
    SPT boost guage.

Hey, I'm not proud. My first autocross in my sweet, sweet WRX, I got beat by a girl in a Cobalt... and not an SS, either

My return to the strip after 10 yrs netted me a 15.37 time for the first run in slightly hot GTO. I was all ate up. Got yelled at for leaving the windows down, missed the staging (twice), and left the traction control button on...lol
    06 GTO M6 Quicksilver, SLP 455 Bobcat, LS7 Clutch w/ SS line (RPM tune:373rwhp/373rwtq)
    07 WRX TR M5 Garnet Red Pearl w/ Straight PPGs and Cusco front LSD (Agile tune:307whp/343wtq)

prior to my post i had no idea his car that much power.
    It is a beast...

One thing though. Ferrari, Ascari, McLaren F1, Bugatti Veryon, they are built aerodynamicaly to go 180+ mph.

I can't see an SRT-4 doing more than 160 before hitting a drag limit.

AND... God forbid if you have to use the brakes at that speed.

But, a low weight, set up as sweet as his car is, doing 600whp is certainty in the the 9 sec range for 1/4 runs.

Quote Originally Posted by Pavia View Post
    It is a beast...

One thing though. Ferrari, Ascari, McLaren F1, Bugatti Veryon, they are built aerodynamicaly to go 180+ mph.

I can't see an SRT-4 doing more than 160 before hitting a drag limit.

AND... God forbid if you have to use the brakes at that speed.

But, a low weight, set up as sweet as his car is, doing 600whp is certainty in the the 9 sec range for 1/4 runs.
    221 mph, salt flats. under 500whp.
    RaceDeck Racing
    -04 SRT-4 626whp SOLD.
    -04 SRT4 388whp DD SOLD

I Support ClubWRX
    I just can't imagine an SRT-4 breaking the sound barrier while traveling back to 1955 with Marty McFly driving it.

[awaits youtube link]
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast