08 STI Protuned Stg 2 vs (Modded) SRT4 - Page 2
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

This is a discussion on 08 STI Protuned Stg 2 vs (Modded) SRT4 within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Do both of yourselves a favor and take it to the dragstrip. If you get pulled over racing I can ...

Do both of yourselves a favor and take it to the dragstrip. If you get pulled over racing I can tell you 2 things. One, if you beet him, he won't pay up. Two, you will end up out the $1000 even if he does pay up. (ticket, insurance premium, and possible impound)

On a strip a good driver of an SRT4 in bone stock form on street tires can run high 13's. With the mods he is claiming (not sure who the hell actually runs 4inch exhaust on an srt4) On street tires he could possibly run 12.8-13.2 if he's a good driver. A good srt4 driver > traction. Now if he's a crappy driver, he will run 15's all day long.
    Erich Uhlman
    Performance Race Engineering - www.PREracing.com
    13339 NE Airport Way. Portland, OR 97230
    503-619-0055
    google map
    Follow Us on Twitter
    Like us on Facebook

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

sounds like a bunch of what if's to me. take to the track, if he's that desperate for a run. tell him to bring slicks to make up for your awd launch. maybe race for gas or a $20 spot. anything else just sounds like it belongs in the F&TF movies. and is really stupid.

off topic and totally stupid on my part but 60 to 150 only take about 10 seconds in a highly modded srt, so racing to 150 isn't that insane. ok well it is but not quite as bad as it sounds on paper.
    RayfieldsWRX - "You like the feel of torque steer? Interesting"
    jd92677 - "I like the idea of mashing the gas and not knowing which way the car will go."
    -02 WRX 13.8@96 stock SOLD
    -04 SRT-4 626whp SOLD.
    -04 STi 13.3@102 stock. SOLD
    -04 SRT4 388whp DD SOLD

Quote Originally Posted by 2004NeonSRT4 View Post

off topic and totally stupid on my part but 60 to 150 only take about 10 seconds in a highly modded srt, so racing to 150 isn't that insane. ok well it is but not quite as bad as it sounds on paper.
    Tell that to the police after they pull you over.
    "M3 drivers have no friends..." - Jeremy Clarkson

"If something sounds too good to be true, it's best to shoot it to make sure" - Fiona Glenanne

Quote Originally Posted by Crb03 View Post
    Tell that to the police after they pull you over.
    +1
    09 WRX Premium: AP, Perrin Stage 2, Perrin Intake, Perrin SS, Perrin TBE, BC Racing Coilovers
    Pioneer and JL Audio C2, W3, G6600 Stink eye Mob #24
    08+ Owners Gallery, add yours!!!

don't be hatin. don't have the car anymore so i don't see that happening anytime soon.
    jd92677 - "I like the idea of mashing the gas and not knowing which way the car will go."
    -04 SRT-4 626whp SOLD.
    -04 SRT4 388whp DD SOLD

Pffff

I'd say to the person: STFU I'm rollin a fatty STi ... Your Sh*t is whack ... And trust me Jr. I'm faster than you ... If he still mouthed off ... well. Thats a different story.

like i said if he wants a 60 roll race offer him a dig from dirt.

^^^^haha this!

Seriously though next time he bugs you tell him your not into ridiculous speeds, find a highway and do a 0-75 pull in the middle of nowhere during the day. (never could figure out why people like to race to triple digit speeds, or race at night....its so much easier to get caught at night!)

Of course he'll blow by you once you shut down at 75, on his way to 100+ and claim he won, but at least you'll know you own him where it matters.

I Support ClubWRX
    Just tell him no and that you don't care or reconsider why you care if that is hard to do.
    "From a little spark may burst a mighty flame." - Dante
    "The stitch is lost unless the thread is knotted." - Italian proverb

Quote Originally Posted by xsnapshot View Post
    ^^^^haha this!

Seriously though next time he bugs you tell him your not into ridiculous speeds, find a highway and do a 0-75 pull in the middle of nowhere during the day. (never could figure out why people like to race to triple digit speeds, or race at night....its so much easier to get caught at night!)

Of course he'll blow by you once you shut down at 75, on his way to 100+ and claim he won, but at least you'll know you own him where it matters.

guess your 1/8 mile racing then and not 1/4. at least go to 100.
    -04 SRT-4 626whp SOLD.
    -04 SRT4 388whp DD SOLD

^^^^ His STI prolly traps around 108 or so. I am guessing from 0 He might still win. Going to 100, is almost a 1/4... slightly less.

tell this kid to screw off and grow some balls to race you on the 1/4. I love kid that think the only race is a roll from 60 mph.

Truth is he probably cant even do a proper burn out at the strip, let alone know how to launch a turbo FWD car properly.

oh and he beats crotch rockets eeeh. Trust me, it will take one bad SRT-4 to knock off any modern 1liter sport bike.
    2009 Impreza WRX Hatch.
    Cobb AccessPort: Cobb Protune @ Draco Performance
    346 ft/lbs 289 awhp.
    Perrin CAI.
    Perrin Performance Catback.
    Perrin Performance 3" catted downpipe
    SPT boost guage.

that reminds me of the time these kids in an srt-4 asked to race me by saying "yo race this srt4 its slow and waste gated" so i asked "internal or external" and they all looked at eachother then looked at me like i had 8 heads. it was a typical mommy and daddy bought srt4 with cat delete and blow off valve.
    bugeye maffia member #304 l http://www.flickr.com/photos/joe_fonseca/

Challenge him to see who can pick up the most girls...

The STI will always win over a skittle... And, really, isn't that a far better measure of awesomeness?

Those seats do fold down in the back, don't they?
    06 GTO M6 Quicksilver, SLP 455 Bobcat, LS7 Clutch w/ SS line (RPM tune:373rwhp/373rwtq)
    07 WRX TR M5 Garnet Red Pearl w/ Straight PPGs and Cusco front LSD (Agile tune:307whp/343wtq)

unless it's an 06 and later.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast