dispatched a e55 amg on the way home - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on dispatched a e55 amg on the way home within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by silverautorex some of the mercedez out there have the amg packages. which means they have upgraded brakes ...

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by silverautorex View Post
    some of the mercedez out there have the amg packages. which means they have upgraded brakes drilled/slotted and the amg styling package (subtle lip kit). plus the amg emblem on the trunk. the only thing missing would be the upgraded motor. hard to tell between the real one and the one with the amg optional package.
    I'm no Benz expert, but if it says E55 on the back, I'm fairly sure that it's by AMG, as differentiated from the E550, which could just be a Benz with some extras added.

My wagon is somewhat modified, but I have no delusions...that car would trounce me at the dragstrip.
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Believe it or not, there are a lot of posers out there, even in expensive Mercedes.
    I have personally seen someone with an E550 remove the "0" so it said E55 and had the AMG badge on the car as well.
    With the AMG wheels, it would be hard for many to tell the difference.
    The dual exhaust out the back and V8 Kompressor badges on the side help, but even then the V8 Kompressor badges can be bought.

Put it too you this way too.
    An E550 itself is fast enough to out run a Stage 1 09-10 WRX from a roll. Heck I'd be surprised if a Stage 2 09-10 WRX could keep with a E550 on a 40-120 roll.

The E55 is significantly faster than that.
    I ran an stock E55 AMG in my tune only 335i which would trap in the 113+ mph range.
    We did like 3 runs they were all quite short from like 40-100 mph and I stayed right with him for most of it, but it seemed as we were approaching the 90-100 mph range he started to creep away.

I have a Stage 1 09 WRX and there is no way in heck I could stay anywhere close to a stock E55 now.

If you are really heavily modded then you may have ran an E55. But if you are moderately modded, you probably ran an E550 with AMG badges
    If you are lightly modded, you probably ran an E350 with a AMG badges and a poseur who removed the 3 and the 0 and added another 5.

i like how the person who posted this has yet to reply about his "mods" or more about the story, lol
    Zach
    Teh Intern @ WTF Tuning, LLC

2009 WRB Subaru Wrx Sedan: WTF Tuning Stg2
    Stink eye Mob #287
    N.E.R.D. #43252003274489856000 (the total number of configurations of the Rubik cube)
    "It's not turbo-lag, it's foreplay"

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Driver72 View Post
    Believe it or not, there are a lot of posers out there, even in expensive Mercedes.
    No doubt!
    --Ray
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited

maybe it wasnt a amg, but it had e55 on one side amg on the other and badges on the front fender. I just have 3" turboback, step 7 plugs and protune. I must admit I was surprised, but maybe his huge chrome rims slowed him down Like I said He didnt catch me from 30-over 100 but maybe he sucked at driving

It may have been an 02' they only make 350 hp and are a decent amount heavier

Do you own a prodrive P2? If so then you probably did beat a amg. I thought i beat a camaro ss one time but it was just a basic model with ss badges and hood. I was sooooo bummed. But meeeeeh
    "M3 drivers have no friends..." - Jeremy Clarkson

"If something sounds too good to be true, it's best to shoot it to make sure" - Fiona Glenanne

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by turbotwist View Post
    Like I said He didnt catch me from 30-over 100 but maybe he sucked at driving
    No offense, but he may have just been "accelerating normally" by his standards. I've owned 2 stage 2 wrx's...a wonderful car for the enthusiast, but not in the same league as an E55 for raw acceleration. Even the 2002 model traps in the 109-110mph range, unless I'm mistaken.
    --Ray
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited

Quote Originally Posted by Crb03 View Post
    Do you own a prodrive P2? If so then you probably did beat a amg. I thought i beat a camaro ss one time but it was just a basic model with ss badges and hood. I was sooooo bummed. But meeeeeh
    you kind sir are very smart........the p2 is faster than the audi r8 on the track and would destroy this amg....and for the record I have beaten 2 camaro ss ls1s

Quote Originally Posted by turbotwist View Post
    you kind sir are very smart........the p2 is faster than the audi r8 on the track and would destroy this amg....and for the record I have beaten 2 camaro ss ls1s
    how much power and what model car you have? im pushing 300 whp and 371 tq and i got stomped.

edit- stomped by a real ss that is, I beat the one by a car length. your car model would help in this story because a stage 2 wrx wont take down a ls1 nor a amg. If you have a sti maybe a ls1 and thats a big maybe.
    Last edited by Crb03; 01-26-2010 at 06:30 PM.

"If something sounds too good to be true, it's best to shoot it to make sure" - Fiona Glenanne

If it was in fact a real AMG, there is no way that that happened.
    Jay for Justin.

Facebooook

the E550 alone has 382hp, isn't the AMG more than that?

Quote Originally Posted by rcrevolution View Post
    the E550 alone has 382hp, isn't the AMG more than that?
    oooooooh ya. AMG is like BMW's M division. Nothing but V8-V12 monsters.

469hp, 516 tq -- damn near all of which is available off idle.

I just looked into replacing my Legacy with an E55 or S600 but either one would double my insurance so I decided to rebuild the LGT with forged internals instead. It's only got 18k miles so it's hardly old.
    John M
    2000 Lincoln Continental - slow DD with the DOHC 4.6 and a Superchips tune
    1992 Lexus SC400 - slow resto project
    2005 Legacy GT Limited - SOLD Feb 2011 - Forged internals, FP HTA Green @ 22 psi.

rebuilding at 18k miles? what happened?

I could see rebuilding at 80-100k miles to get a new engine but at 18k miles unless you are doing it for more power something had to have gone seriously wrong.

On a side note the AMG has ver close to 1000lbs on the STI but also close to 200hp more.

Maybe the weight difference helped him? but I still find it hard to believe.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast