wrx and new muscle cars - Page 3
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

This is a discussion on wrx and new muscle cars within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; 1/4 and 0-60 times pulled from edmunds and apparently those numbers are off, I believe i said "funky" in my ...

1/4 and 0-60 times pulled from edmunds and apparently those numbers are off, I believe i said "funky" in my last post so maybe you didnt understand the use of that term... But the facts from edmunds are slower then the other times.

I will still stand by the fact that an 09+ will out handle a gto any day...
    Last edited by Poohbear; 01-27-2010 at 09:47 PM.
    Your vehicle is an extension of your skill as a driver, not a substitute for it.

Stink-Eye Mob Member #21
    08+ Gauge install DIY
    Turn off your seat belt chime

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Poohbear View Post
    1/4 and 0-60 times pulled from edmunds and apparently those numbers are off, I believe i said "funky" in my last post so maybe you didnt understand the use of that term... But the facts from edmunds are slower then the other times.

I'm starting to hear "fanboi" talk... (just kidding)

Not that it matters, but the Monaro (same car as the GTO) and STI have the same lap times on Top Gear (I think from 2005 season). Of course, any car will be fast with the Stig at the wheel...

P.S. there's nothing wrong with going from one car to another. Just depends on people's situation or needs.
    06 GTO M6 Quicksilver, SLP 455 Bobcat, LS7 Clutch w/ SS line (RPM tune:373rwhp/373rwtq)
    07 WRX TR M5 Garnet Red Pearl w/ Straight PPGs and Cusco front LSD (Agile tune:307whp/343wtq)

Now if the GTO had the Holden suspension that would be different. From what I understand the GTO suspension is heavier and slower to react.
    The Pontiac GTO (US), Holden Monaro (AUS), and Vauxhall Monaro VXR (UK, where it won Top Gear's best muscle car award) have the same suspension, are virtually identical, and built by the same factory in Australia. It was also sold in the Middle East as a Chevrolet Lumina SS.

They did take the bluetooth and sunroof off the GTO to save cost though (not liking that decision )
    Last edited by Pavia; 01-28-2010 at 12:44 PM.
    06 GTO M6 Quicksilver, SLP 455 Bobcat, LS7 Clutch w/ SS line (RPM tune:373rwhp/373rwtq)
    07 WRX TR M5 Garnet Red Pearl w/ Straight PPGs and Cusco front LSD (Agile tune:307whp/343wtq)

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Pavia View Post
    They did take the bluetooth and sunroof off the GTO to save cost though (not liking that decision )
    Agreed there. Both are great features and on my "must" list for next time round.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

or not.

some top gear lap times. same drivers used in all the cars listed on dry days.

# 1.28.2 - Subaru Impreza WRX STI spec-C

# 1:28.5 - Dodge Viper SRT-10 (very wet)
    # 1:28.6 - MG XPower SV
    # 1:28.7 - Porsche Boxster S
    # 1:28.7 - Audi TT MTM Bimoto (cold tyres)[24]
    # 1:28.9 - Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution VIII MR FQ-300
    # 1:28.9 - Porsche 911 Carrera S (997) (very wet)
    # 1:29.0 - Mercedes-Benz CL65 AMG
    # 1:29.0 - Lamborghini Murciélago (partly damp)[1]
    # 1:29.0 - Alpina Z8 Roadster
    # 1:29.3 - Ford Focus RS Mk II
    # 1:29.4 - Subaru Impreza WRX STI WR1[17]
    # 1:29.4 - AS One[24]
    # 1:29.6 - Volkswagen Golf GTI W12-650 Concept
    # 1:30.0 - Autodelta Alfa Romeo 147 GTA 3.7
    # 1:30.0 - Ford Shelby GT500
    # 1:30.1 - Subaru Impreza WRX STi
    # 1:30.1 - Vauxhall Monaro VXR

# 1:30.4 - Aston Martin DB7 GT (with full tank of fuel)
    # 1:30.4 - Volkswagen Golf R32 mk.V
    # 1:30.9 - Audi S4 quattro 4.2
    # 1:31.0 - Porsche 911 Turbo (996) (very wet)
    # 1:31.2 - BMW 760Li (wet)
    # 1:31.3 - Vauxhall VX220
    # 1:31.3 - Vauxhall VXR8 (wet)
    # 1:31.4 - Audi TT Mk.II 2.0T
    # 1:31.6 - Honda NSX-R[25] (very wet)
    # 1:31.8 - BMW M3 E46
    # 1:31.8 - BMW 535d
    # 1:31.8 - Nissan 350Z
    # 1:31.8 - Mazda RX-8
    # 1:31.9 - BMW 130i(E87)
    # 1:32.1 - Mercedes-Benz S63 AMG (wet)
    # 1:32.2 - Ford Focus RS Mk I
    RayfieldsWRX - "You like the feel of torque steer? Interesting"
    jd92677 - "I like the idea of mashing the gas and not knowing which way the car will go."
    -02 WRX 13.8@96 stock SOLD
    -04 SRT-4 626whp SOLD.
    -04 STi 13.3@102 stock. SOLD
    -04 SRT4 388whp DD SOLD

^^^ +1...

The Vauxhall Monaro VXR being the twin of the Pontiac GTO...

Anyone notice the crazy amount of headroom in the wrx? I am 6 foot 2 and I can put a basketball above my head! (exaggerated) You can't beat that kind of headroom!
    CGM 2006 Subaru Impreza WRX - Sold
    WRB 2007 Subaru Impreza WRX STI
    Hawk-Eye alliance #100.1

Quote Originally Posted by viperuws View Post
    Anyone notice the crazy amount of headroom in the wrx? I am 6 foot 2 and I can put a basketball above my head! (exaggerated) You can't beat that kind of headroom!
    ever sit in a jeep tj. holy crap. what headroom. im short. 5'7" and no joke have close to 2 feet of head room. deff around 18inches.
    RayfieldsWRX - "You like the feel of torque steer? Interesting"
    jd92677 - "I like the idea of mashing the gas and not knowing which way the car will go."
    -02 WRX 13.8@96 stock SOLD
    -04 SRT-4 626whp SOLD.
    -04 STi 13.3@102 stock. SOLD
    -04 SRT4 388whp DD SOLD

The gto is a fast and nice car, but its gm and gm is effing the worst built car manufacturer hands down... Yes, you can and do receive great straight line power and you do get alot of bang for your buck but, its honestly not worth it at all with all the problems you will be dealing with... I know from experience i used to be a big fan of gm but not anymore ive owned a 94 camaro z28 w/ ls6 injectors and ported and polished heads, upgraded engine tech, 410 rear end, intake full borla exhaust w/ headers all the way back... neways that was back when gm had pride in what they built, later i bought a 04 gp comp g with pulley kit magnaflow ex, front mount inter, ecu upgrade, and the 1st year i owned it 7500 in repairs... my 06 wrx isnt as fast as the camaro but it will last a lot longer then all of these cars and is cheaper to mod adn can drive in the snow....

Quote Originally Posted by 06scoobyrex View Post
    The gto is a fast and nice car, but its gm and gm is effing the worst built car manufacturer hands down...
    The Australians make a quality vehicle hands down. What does your experience with the GP have to do with the GTO?

The GTO is made in Australia by Holden (yes, owned by GM... but so what. The who-owns-who in the autoworld is complex throughout contemporary history).

I own a WRX and a GTO, and I can say they are both fine cars.

I would add that trying to make the GP into something more than it is could very well contribute to the $7500 in repairs.
    Last edited by Pavia; 02-13-2010 at 01:57 AM.

Good news, everyone! xxxxxxxAnub1s's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by 06scoobyrex View Post
    The gto is a fast and nice car, but its gm and gm is effing the worst built car manufacturer hands down... Yes, you can and do receive great straight line power and you do get alot of bang for your buck but, its honestly not worth it at all with all the problems you will be dealing with... I know from experience i used to be a big fan of gm but not anymore ive owned a 94 camaro z28 w/ ls6 injectors and ported and polished heads, upgraded engine tech, 410 rear end, intake full borla exhaust w/ headers all the way back... neways that was back when gm had pride in what they built, later i bought a 04 gp comp g with pulley kit magnaflow ex, front mount inter, ecu upgrade, and the 1st year i owned it 7500 in repairs... my 06 wrx isnt as fast as the camaro but it will last a lot longer then all of these cars and is cheaper to mod adn can drive in the snow....
    Looked at Chrysler lately? The entirety of their SRT line and just about every other vehicle they make currently are a ****ing joke.

Granted, GM hasn't had the same level of quality for a few years now, but they still pump out some pretty nice cars, and Chrysler, well Chrysler just isn't trying.
    Cody
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #727 N.E.R.D #255.255.255.0

Your nighttime volunteer of near-useless information.
    Good news, everyone!

The Australians make a quality vehicle hands down. What does your experience with the GP have to do with the GTO?

The GTO is made in Australia by Holden (yes, owned by GM... but so what. The who-owns-who in the autoworld is complex throughout contemporary history).

I own a WRX and a GTO, and I can say they are both fine cars.

I would add that trying to make the GP into something more than it is could very well contribute to the $7500 in repairs.
    yes.. they are made by holden, but the strictly use ac delco parts and gm motors... and i'm not trying to bash gm to death but for the longest time they have had their heads up their asses by saying you only deserve hp if you buy a v8 and their unwillingness to steer away from ohv and 2v per cy tech... i work for a rental car agency and we are solely supplied by gm and i cant even begin to tell you about all the problems we have with brand new cars....

Quote Originally Posted by Anub1s View Post
    Looked at Chrysler lately? The entirety of their SRT line and just about every other vehicle they make currently are a ****ing joke.

Granted, GM hasn't had the same level of quality for a few years now, but they still pump out some pretty nice cars, and Chrysler, well Chrysler just isn't trying.
    ohh yes... i know that all too well... they are using 40 year old technology to sell cars ie "that thing gotta a hemi" Chrysler also dragged down Mercedes-Benz as well... if you read consumer reports look 2 the quality prior to the merger you will laugh about how a 100k car is built worse then a 90's KIA... and now gm is realizing that they just cant build cookie-cutter cars for rental fleets and for people with bad credit and can't afford or qualify for a decently made car... the only american car co that i even have any respect for anymore is ford they are building great products and i am shocked by their progress...

GM certainly made some stinkers, but the LSx engine isn't one of them. It's one of the best performance engines you can get for your money...powerful and reliable.

GM certainly made some stinkers, but the LSx engine isn't one of them. It's one of the best performance engines you can get for your money...powerful and reliable.
    Agreed. I would love to have an LSx swapped RX7/Datsun/etc. etc.
    Jay for Justin.

Facebooook

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast