Got My 2006 WRX Tuned At The Shop CT today :)
Results 1 to 12 of 12

This is a discussion on Got My 2006 WRX Tuned At The Shop CT today :) within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Car: 2006 Subaru WRX Limited Tuner: Junior @The Shop CT Dyno Info: Dyno Dynamics Turbo: VF39 (STI Turbo) open source ...

  1. #1
    Registered User 02 wrx sleeper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    NH
    Posts
    175

    Got My 2006 WRX Tuned At The Shop CT today :)

    Car: 2006 Subaru WRX Limited
    Tuner: Junior @The Shop CT
    Dyno Info: Dyno Dynamics
    Turbo: VF39 (STI Turbo) open source
    Peak HP: 334.5HP
    Peak Torque: 340 TQ
    Baseline: No baseline, car was brought in running 10lbs off the wastegate
    Target Boost:18 PSI
    Fuel: 93 Unleaded
    Mods: Intake, turboback,255 fuel pump, sti top mount, VF39(sti turbo) Hallman pro rx boost comtroller












  2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements
     

  3. #2
    Registered User 06ImprezaWRXSTI's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Lawrence, MA
    Posts
    101
    Nice numbers. How much did it cost for the tune?
    WTB: 02-07 Impreza WRX or STi crashed.

  4. #3
    Registered User 02 wrx sleeper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    NH
    Posts
    175
    Quote Originally Posted by 06ImprezaWRXSTI View Post
    Nice numbers. How much did it cost for the tune?
    Thanks man

    The tune was $350.00

  5. #4
    Registered User liljon350's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    218
    these are pretty awesome numbers....how does that car feel?

  6. #5
    Registered User 02 wrx sleeper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    NH
    Posts
    175
    Quote Originally Posted by liljon350 View Post
    these are pretty awesome numbers....how does that car feel?


    Very, very strong....

    If you look at the graph th car really puls very hard from 5000rpm right to redline and make consistant power. I'm very happy with the tune and the way the power doesn't fall off through the higher range of the rpm band.

  7. #6
    Registered User 06ImprezaWRXSTI's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Lawrence, MA
    Posts
    101
    I might go tune my car there or at DSG.
    WTB: 02-07 Impreza WRX or STi crashed.

  8. #7
    Registered User liljon350's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    218
    Quote Originally Posted by 02 wrx sleeper View Post
    Very, very strong....

    If you look at the graph th car really puls very hard from 5000rpm right to redline and make consistant power. I'm very happy with the tune and the way the power doesn't fall off through the higher range of the rpm band.
    stop im cumming everywhere...i just purchased an evo316g and the sti tmic and walbro fuel pump...all waiting to go on...ill def. make the trip up to the shop!!!

  9. #8
    Registered User 02 wrx sleeper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    NH
    Posts
    175
    Quote Originally Posted by liljon350 View Post
    stop im cumming everywhere...i just purchased an evo316g and the sti tmic and walbro fuel pump...all waiting to go on...ill def. make the trip up to the shop!!!
    ROTFLMAO!!!

    They are a bunch of great guys and really treat you right. Let me know what kind of numbers you put down when it'a all said and done, good luck

  10. #9
    Registered User liljon350's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    218
    will do, thanks!

  11. #10
    Registered User liljon350's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    218
    although these numbers are a little high for the stock trans...are you worried that you may blow it?

  12. #11
    Master Baiter EJ257's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    On a stream bank somewhere
    Posts
    19,642
    I Support ClubWRX
    The Shop dyno reads really high, but on par with other dynos in that area (Dynoflash). Sorry, but a VF39 does not flow enough air for a real 330+whp, especially on pump

    The curve of the graph looks good. Your tq curve drops off equivalent to mine (~100wtq from peak to redline), but mine hits max tq a lot sooner (3400 on mine vs 4700 on yours).
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

    Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning, LLC

    "Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

    UNYSOC

  13. #12
    Registered User 02 wrx sleeper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    NH
    Posts
    175
    Quote Originally Posted by EJ257 View Post
    The Shop dyno reads really high, but on par with other dynos in that area (Dynoflash). Sorry, but a VF39 does not flow enough air for a real 330+whp, especially on pump

    The curve of the graph looks good. Your tq curve drops off equivalent to mine (~100wtq from peak to redline), but mine hits max tq a lot sooner (3400 on mine vs 4700 on yours).


    Not sure....

    The car runs real nice

    I ran my buddy with his 08 Mustang GT that put down 311whp on a dyno dynamics to the wheels. I had a passenger and he was solo so weight of the 2 cars were within 50lbs of each other. I ended up putting a car on him from a good mph roll. I'm not sure about them reading high or what ever but the Mustang traps nearly 110mph and like I said I had a car on him so who knows.....

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •