'10 WRX vs 300 SRT8? - Page 3
Closed Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

This is a discussion on '10 WRX vs 300 SRT8? within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; You ignore the in-person experience from those who have run rwd and awd cars for years. Then you laugh at ...

You ignore the in-person experience from those who have run rwd and awd cars for years. Then you laugh at magazine numbers. That's the only two types of information anyone can offer.

I guess you're the only person with a valid opinion.

FWIW, track prep is almost irrelevant for any vehicle on street tires anyway -- maybe .05 in 60ft at the most.
    John M
    2000 Lincoln Continental - slow DD with the DOHC 4.6 and a Superchips tune
    1992 Lexus SC400 - slow resto project
    2005 Legacy GT Limited - SOLD Feb 2011 - Forged internals, FP HTA Green @ 22 psi.
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    My magazine is faster than yours.

Quote Originally Posted by 2.0Rs View Post
    MAG RACER ALERT!!!

While it's nice to check out and compare certain things they are not real life numbers. Chances are the srt-8 will be slower in an every day type senerio opposed to a prepped track. It won't hook as well and there is a far greater chance it'll spin a lot more off the line. Even a good driver there is still a huge difference from being on a prepped track. Wrx on the street yeah you can mess up a launch but you're not gonna have traction issues.
    Dude you are saying "Mag Racer Alert" to a guy who races ALL the time.
    Then you follow that up with complete and utter SPECULATION from a guy who has NEITHER car, nor has probably driven in a race either car.
    You should be laughing at yourself boy.

The SRT8 is not terribly hard to hook on the street.
    Again, I've raced them in my tuned 335i's
    They get up and go pretty darn good for a 4100 lbs car.
    And above 100 mph they move quite well.

So before you go calling people "magazine racers" that have been not only drag and or private road racing for 21 years, you may want to actually NOT speculate first in your reply, and better yet HAVE experience in what you are talking about as well.

Go out and race one in your 2.0 RS and get back to me about how hard you think it is to launch that car. You'll be looking at his taillights quite quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by John M View Post
    You ignore the in-person experience from those who have run rwd and awd cars for years. Then you laugh at magazine numbers. That's the only two types of information anyone can offer.

FWIW, track prep is almost irrelevant for any vehicle on street tires anyway -- maybe .05 in 60ft at the most.
    +1 to your response to him about experience and magazine times.
    I always laugh at people who laugh at magazine times.
    What do they think those magazine times are, a bunch of girl scouts who jump into a car and race them on downhill slope?? :lol
    They are professional car drivers (and sometimes ex racers) who GET PAID well to drive and race cars. They use Satellite based GPS timing devices that are as accurate as you can get.
    The magazines didn't just make up these results. It's truly laughable when people laugh at magazine times, especially when the person or people laughing have very little to NO experience racing, and probably .5% of the experience the magazine testers have.

In my experience, track prep makes more difference than that.
    I've been at tracks with RWD cars on street tires and when prepped well can get 1.9 sec 60 foot times. Then when NOT prepped well, struggle to get 2.2's
    Honestly, I feel it's EASIER to get traction on the STREET than on a poorly prepped drag strip, where it can seem like you are driving on ICE, with how easily it spins.
    I always laugh at guys like this 2.0RS guy who says, "on the street you won't get that kind of traction and will spin."
    Clearly he has little to no experience with RWD cars on the street. Some street surfaces offer very good traction, especially if your tires are heated up well.

I Support ClubWRX
    Much ado about nothing.
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Trainrex View Post
    My magazine is faster than yours.
    Kevin
    Sinister's Blowoff Valve FAQ
    WRX Gas Mileage FAQ
    Sinister's Progress Thread - 430whp 429wtq - Sold
    Firearms Enthusiasts Thread

The Sheriff's Star at the bottom left corner rates a user's reputation.
    If you found a user's post to be helpful or quite the opposite, please make it known to them by clicking the Star!

I would say that it is defiantly a drivers race if the wrx is at least stage one. My opinion, stock wrx would not cut it.

Someone on NASIOC ran their stock wrx at 12.9 in the 1/4. The potential is defiantly there.
    Blobeye Syndicate # 111
    2005 WRX OBP 5MT.....Invidia cb, Helix dp, Cobb Ap stg. 2, Intake silencer delete

.05 in the 60'? So you think you have more experience then me? All you know is the car I have posted on here. I myself could be a drag racer. Or my dad could have drag raced all his life. I love assumptions made by people.
    Last edited by 2.0Rs; 01-08-2010 at 04:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Driver72 View Post
    Dude you are saying "Mag Racer Alert" to a guy who races ALL the time.
    Then you follow that up with complete and utter SPECULATION from a guy who has NEITHER car, nor has probably driven in a race either car.
    You should be laughing at yourself boy.

The SRT8 is not terribly hard to hook on the street.
    Again, I've raced them in my tuned 335i's
    They get up and go pretty darn good for a 4100 lbs car.
    And above 100 mph they move quite well.

So before you go calling people "magazine racers" that have been not only drag and or private road racing for 21 years, you may want to actually NOT speculate first in your reply, and better yet HAVE experience in what you are talking about as well.

Go out and race one in your 2.0 RS and get back to me about how hard you think it is to launch that car. You'll be looking at his taillights quite quickly.
    Why you keep dwelling on stuff that has no relevance to the thread? You keep talking about how well the srt-8's get up and how they move well over 100 mph. This guy says he messes with him from a stop and is done before 100 mph. I never denied these cars were quick.

Yes you're so worthy man. I don't even see what you're trying to argue about? As I stated I believe a stage 1 is capable of beating one how this guy describes his race. That's not hard to believe.

Sorry guy, before you cut on my "2.0" rs you might wanna at least know what you're talking about before you talk smack about it's speed. There are zero stock srt-8's that I'd worry about in a race. Sorry to disappoint.

Quote Originally Posted by s202rxi View Post
    I would say that it is defiantly a drivers race if the wrx is at least stage one. My opinion, stock wrx would not cut it.

Someone on NASIOC ran their stock wrx at 12.9 in the 1/4. The potential is defiantly there.
    Well mag racing and going by the numbers that guy puts up that's faster then an Srt-8 without being a stage 1. Hmm...

For the last freakin time:

Any AWD car can PLASTER many RWD cars in the 1/4 that are otherwise faster than said AWD car.

For a short blast, traction is king. It is incorrect to assume that advantage lasts a long time, and it's incorrect to assume that an AWD car will always outlaunch a RWD car.

I'll take the 13.1 @ 109 car over the 12.9 @ 104 car any day of the week.
    John M
    2000 Lincoln Continental - slow DD with the DOHC 4.6 and a Superchips tune
    1992 Lexus SC400 - slow resto project
    2005 Legacy GT Limited - SOLD Feb 2011 - Forged internals, FP HTA Green @ 22 psi.

For the last freakin time:

Any AWD car can PLASTER many RWD cars in the 1/4 that are otherwise faster than said AWD car.

For a short blast, traction is king. It is incorrect to assume that advantage lasts a long time, and it's incorrect to assume that an AWD car will always outlaunch a RWD car.

I'll take the 13.1 @ 109 car over the 12.9 @ 104 car any day of the week.
    So then you agree with me. He can take him. Was that so difficult to say?

Why you keep dwelling on stuff that has no relevance to the thread? You keep talking about how well the srt-8's get up and how they move well over 100 mph. This guy says he messes with him from a stop and is done before 100 mph. I never denied these cars were quick.
    The only person dwelling is you.
    I posted my experience with the SRT8 and with my Stage 1 09 WRX. I posted what I think the outcome would be in a race.
    I also backed that up with some magazine times for each car.
    You dissed me, then John M pointed out the fact that you diss people who post their actual EXPERIENCE and also with magazine times.
    I agreed with him.
    Oh and what the heck are you talking about "relevance" to the thread. The thread is WRX vs SRT8
    He was asking STOCK and Stage 1.
    How is any of what I posted in this thread NOT relevant to that, since it was ALL about the WRX vs SRT8?
    What's not relevant is a guy who does NOT have an 09-10 WRX, nor an SRT8, nor has ever driven in a race either car, commenting on the outcome based on his speculation that he thinks is the end all be all professional opinion.
    Also speculating on how long and how far and up to what speed HE thinks the race WILL go between the WRX and SRT8 in question.

Yes you're so worthy man. I don't even see what you're trying to argue about? As I stated I believe a stage 1 is capable of beating one how this guy describes his race. That's not hard to believe.
    I wasn't trying to argue about anything. I posted my experience and my thoughts, and it's YOU who felt you needed to diss that and start arguing. Where did I say it's "hard" to believe that with Stage 1 he can't beat one to 90-95 mph (or how he races).
    I never said he couldn't. I just stated above that, he's going to get pulled.

Sorry guy, before you cut on my "2.0" rs you might wanna at least know what you're talking about before you talk smack about it's speed. There are zero stock srt-8's that I'd worry about in a race. Sorry to disappoint.
    Well based on this in your profile:
    Engine/Transmission mods
    Cobb Ap, 3" downpipe with cut out, Blitz Nur spec catback

That ain't enough on a 2.0RS to beat an SRT8.
    So unless you aren't listing all your power mods, how could I "know what I'm talking about" if you aren't fully disclosing your mods?
    You seem a bit bitter and jumpy Dan. Have a glass of milk and relax.

Oh and to your "hmm" comment, the 12.9 @ 104 on the 09 WRX was at Cecil Dragway. Long known as one of the fastest tracks in the country, a lot of that is the fact it runs slightly downhill.

Now I have no interest in discussing it anymore with you Dan.
    If you want to continue to speculate about the outcome of the race based on your inexperience with BOTH cars, feel free. I gave my thoughts, if you don't like it, I don't give a rats-arse.
    You seem to be the person who just likes/wants to stir crap up anyway, so have fun with yourself on this topic from this point.
    Last edited by Driver72; 01-08-2010 at 08:33 PM.

If you read what the guy said he encounters you'd clearly understand that he's not racing to 120 mph nor from a roll. From 0 to anything under 100 a stock wrx could hold off and srt-8. a stage 1 09' would easily be able to hold off an srt-8 as far as equal drivers go even though it would probably be pretty close at the end. Highway racing though sure the srt-8 easily has the advantage.
    Well, I ran an SRT8 powered car in my tuned 335i and while I beat it, I was quick off the line too.
    I just did some checking to see, I thought it ran 0-60 in 4.8 but in fact it's a bit quicker than that at 4.7, which matches the 09 WRX.
    Sure I'd still say the WRX would be 1/2 CL in front at 60 mph because of it's AWD jump, but the SRT8 will be long in front by 100 mph already. Here's it's acceleration times from C & D:
    C/D TEST RESULTS
    ACCELERATION Seconds
    Zero to 30 mph . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .1.9
    40 mph . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 2.7
    50 mph . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 3.6
    60 mph . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 4.7
    70 mph . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 5.9
    80 mph . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 7.4
    90 mph . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 9.2
    100 mph . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 11.2
    110 mph . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 13.3
    120 mph . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 15.9
    130 mph . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 20.0
    140 mph . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 24.7
    150 mph . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 30.7
    Street start, 560 mph . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 4.9
    Top-gear acceleration, 3050 mph . . . . . . . . . . . . . 2.7
    5070 mph . . . . . . . . . . . . . 3.0
    Standing 1/4-mile . . . . . . . . . . . . .13.2 sec @ 109 mph

The SRT8 is at 100 mph in 11.2 seconds.
    The stock 09 WRX hits 100 in 12.9 seconds.

So I stated a Stage 1 09-10 WRX could hold it off until 100-105 might even be optimistic. Even Stage 1 the WRX there's no way it's taking 1.7 seconds off it's 0-100 time and accelerating as hard as a car that traps 108-109 mph like the SRT8.

I now feel a Stage 1 WRX could hold it off to 90-95 mph at most. Oh and I have one too so I know what it's capable of.
    And i know what a 109 mph trapping car feels like too, as that's what a 335i would do with the very first tunes ever released for them did (they now trap 113-114 tune only).
    And I can assure you my Stage 1 WRX is not as fast as a 109 mph trapping car.
    MAG RACER ALERT!!!

While it's nice to check out and compare certain things they are not real life numbers. Chances are the srt-8 will be slower in an every day type senerio opposed to a prepped track. It won't hook as well and there is a far greater chance it'll spin a lot more off the line. Even a good driver there is still a huge difference from being on a prepped track. Wrx on the street yeah you can mess up a launch but you're not gonna have traction issues.
    If the race goes above much past 100 mph the SRT8 will pull ahead. If you take it over 120, the SRT8 will pull a few car lengths.

The Hemi is strong once rolling.
    No Stage 1 09+ WRX is going to trap at 108+ mph.

At best a Stage 1 09-10 WRX will pull a 4.5 0-60 time.
    The SRT8 can do it in 4.8 seconds.
    That would put it about 1 CL behind.
    After that the SRT8 will start pulling.
    Cars should be about even by 100-105, after that the SRT8 will pull ahead.

Of course this is at or around Sea Level.
    At elevations above 2500 feet I'd say the Stage 1 WRX could be even with the SRT8. Above 4000 feet I'd give the nod to the Stage 1 WRX

If the race is from a roll, the Stage 1 09+ WRX has no chance.
    Stage 2 should make it close.
    Actually if you read I keep saying the same thing over and over. You're the one who keeps bringing up every possible detail in the race. And how "oh your tuned 355 raced one" You're clearly out to try to prove something for no reason.

The only person dwelling is you.
    I posted my experience with the SRT8 and with my Stage 1 09 WRX. I posted what I think the outcome would be in a race.
    I also backed that up with some magazine times for each car.
    You dissed me, then John M pointed out the fact that you diss people who post their actual EXPERIENCE and also with magazine times.
    Dude what are you talking about your experience with your stage 1 09 wrx? You never mention your stage 1 wrx you only say what your tuned 335 did against an srt-8. I also never dissed anything. So where is your actual 09 wrx stage one experience?

I agreed with him.
    Oh and what the heck are you talking about "relevance" to the thread. The thread is WRX vs SRT8
    He was asking STOCK and Stage 1.
    How is any of what I posted in this thread NOT relevant to that, since it was ALL about the WRX vs SRT8?
    What's not relevant is a guy who does NOT have an 09-10 WRX, nor an SRT8, nor has ever driven in a race either car, commenting on the outcome based on his speculation that he thinks is the end all be all professional opinion.
    Also speculating on how long and how far and up to what speed HE thinks the race WILL go between the WRX and SRT8 in question.

Kind of like someone who posts his story about his tuned BMW 335 vs an srt-8? Where is your story on your stage 1 vs an srt-8?

I wasn't trying to argue about anything. I posted my experience and my thoughts, and it's YOU who felt you needed to diss that and start arguing. Where did I say it's "hard" to believe that with Stage 1 he can't beat one to 90-95 mph (or how he races).
    I never said he couldn't. I just stated above that, he's going to get pulled.

You posted your experience with another car that isn't a subaru. You posted your experience then I wrote this.

"If you read what the guy said he encounters you'd clearly understand that he's not racing to 120 mph nor from a roll. From 0 to anything under 100 a stock wrx could hold off and srt-8. a stage 1 09' would easily be able to hold off an srt-8 as far as equal drivers go even though it would probably be pretty close at the end. Highway racing though sure the srt-8 easily has the advantage."

Yeah that sounds like a HUGE DISS. Dude you don't even know what you're saying.

Well based on this in your profile:
    Engine/Transmission mods
    Cobb Ap, 3" downpipe with cut out, Blitz Nur spec catback

That ain't enough on a 2.0RS to beat an SRT8.
    So unless you aren't listing all your power mods, how could I "know what I'm talking about" if you aren't fully disclosing your mods?
    You seem a bit bitter and jumpy Dan. Have a glass of milk and relax.
    Dude I haven't updated my profile since I joined the site. I'm on a vf-34 now with more mods. Sorry your famed srt-8 won't beat me. That just proves my point that you don't know what I have so why bother talking smack. And from a stand still with the stock td-04 I still would be able to beat an srt-8

I'm jumpy? You're the one who's claiming I'm dissing you when I fail to see me dissing you. So who's the jumpy one?

Oh and to your "hmm" comment, the 12.9 @ 104 on the 09 WRX was at Cecil Dragway. Long known as one of the fastest tracks in the country, a lot of that is the fact it runs slightly downhill.

Now I have no interest in discussing it anymore with you Dan.
    If you want to continue to speculate about the outcome of the race based on your inexperience with BOTH cars, feel free. I gave my thoughts, if you don't like it, I don't give a rats-arse.
    You seem to be the person who just likes/wants to stir crap up anyway, so have fun with yourself on this topic from this point.
    What's your point? So at a "normal" track chances are that driver could hit on the low side of 13's which is hmmm...where a stock srt-8 runs. Which a stage 1 should be able to beat an srt-8 like I've been saying this whole time. I have no clue why you're going out of your way to try to prove something about the srt-8? You have already said the same thing I did so why bother? You seem like you have some sort of complex that you have to argue and make it seem like people are attacking you and dissing you.

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.