Evo X vs. WRX
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on Evo X vs. WRX within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I am actually the one in the Evo though lol. I'm on my way back home from Dover De. with ...

Evo X vs. WRX

I am actually the one in the Evo though lol. I'm on my way back home from Dover De. with my Father and my friend in the car... so I already have an extra 400 or so lbs in the car and the whole way out to the highway an older WRX ( guessing 02-03? ) was on my ass... so I get to the highway and he immediately jumps to the side of me, so I hammered it, he manages to stay with me from about 2nd to 5th and then I let off, but when I let off I realize he had an aftermarket exhaust so i'm assuming he may have had some supporting mods. I have mine tuned so i'm not totally stock either... just wish I would have been alone so I didn't have the added weight. Either way the guy did pretty good though, so feel good guys!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Thanks for the support!
    Blobeye Syndicate #888

Is this suppose to be insulting??
    Last edited by Wrxthekid; 11-24-2009 at 10:53 PM.
    *You car might be faster then mine, but my bike will smoke you any day *

Stink-Eye-Mob#5

Quote Originally Posted by Wrxthekid View Post
    Is this suppose to be insulting??
    not at all... I was saying the older cars are pretty quick even though they weren't as high on power as the new ones.. but take it how you want.

Quote Originally Posted by Methodical4u View Post
    so feel good guys!
    YouTube - James Brown - I Feel Good

Whoooooooaaaaaiiih. I knew that I would now! duh, duh. So good, so good.
    Blobeye Syndicate #888

not at all... I was saying the older cars are pretty quick even though they weren't as high on power as the new ones.. but take it how you want.
    Oh I was just wondering. That kool though, met some evo dudes who are like F Subies and stuff. But just wondering, my bad..
    *You car might be faster then mine, but my bike will smoke you any day *

Stink-Eye-Mob#5

I wish I could find someone to play with NO ONE does ANYTHING where i live.... :'( (****ty civics don't count)
    Stage Eleventy

"The Bird of Hermes Is My Name, Eating My Wings To Make Me Tame."

I know how you feel OP. I had my mom and my brother in my STi and it's pretty modded out my car. And a new 2010 Camaro SS LS3 decides to pull a fast one on me and I play catch up and I didn't do so well b/c of all the weight in my car.

I would of done very well if I was by myself b/c I kept up decently well.

Quote Originally Posted by CmrnDrgn View Post
    YouTube - James Brown - I Feel Good

Whoooooooaaaaaiiih. I knew that I would now! duh, duh. So good, so good.
    Your avatar makes this post.
    "M3 drivers have no friends..." - Jeremy Clarkson

"If something sounds too good to be true, it's best to shoot it to make sure" - Fiona Glenanne

Im actually surprised to hear this also... That older rex must have had some work done... STi maybe?
    Your vehicle is an extension of your skill as a driver, not a substitute for it.

Stink-Eye Mob Member #21
    08+ Gauge install DIY
    Turn off your seat belt chime

I am actually the one in the Evo though lol. I'm on my way back home from Dover De. with my Father and my friend in the car... so I already have an extra 400 or so lbs in the car and the whole way out to the highway an older WRX ( guessing 02-03? ) was on my ass... so I get to the highway and he immediately jumps to the side of me, so I hammered it, he manages to stay with me from about 2nd to 5th and then I let off, but when I let off I realize he had an aftermarket exhaust so i'm assuming he may have had some supporting mods. I have mine tuned so i'm not totally stock either... just wish I would have been alone so I didn't have the added weight. Either way the guy did pretty good though, so feel good guys!
    How much whp do you have? mods?
    Meng Hang

Ogura Corporation (US Headquarters) Chesterfield Township, MI
    Network System Administrator, IT Supervisor
    Black WRX 2002, ...with 18G with Stock IC.

Quote Originally Posted by Poohbear View Post
    Im actually surprised to hear this also... That older rex must have had some work done... STi maybe?
    I thought maybe it was an STI, but the scoop on the hood was wayyyy to small, plus overall it didn't have the lines of the STI. All I could tell is that it had an aftermarket exhaust, so i'm just assuming he had some supporting mods as well, but it could have been just the exhaust i'm not sure.

Quote Originally Posted by MengHang View Post
    How much whp do you have? mods?
    Right now the only thing I have done is an AP that I had an over the net tune done, but it was done by one of the top Evo tuners... the X is around 245-255 whp from the factory. Without ever having dynoed the car I couldn't really give you an exact number, I could estimate that most protunes on these cars will give you 40-60 whp... so I could be 280-300... I guess the problem is the car is already heavier due to more safety features which i'm ok with. Actually i'm getting an exhaust and have a green filter ready to go in with Cobb's off the shelf stage 2 map, so at that point I should be 310-330 whp... I plan on getting an UICP and then getting another protune and then that will likely be all I do to the car, so I should settle in comfortably around 350 whp I hope.

Quote Originally Posted by Wrxthekid View Post
    Oh I was just wondering. That kool though, met some evo dudes who are like F Subies and stuff. But just wondering, my bad..
    no, I try to appreciate all cars and actually seriously considered selling my Evo and getting an 09 WRX to bring my payment down but still have a quick fun car... I just figured that if i've paid on it this long at 0% it wouldn't take long to get the payment down to where the WRX would be anyway.

Right now the only thing I have done is an AP that I had an over the net tune done, but it was done by one of the top Evo tuners... the X is around 245-255 whp from the factory. Without ever having dynoed the car I couldn't really give you an exact number, I could estimate that most protunes on these cars will give you 40-60 whp... so I could be 280-300... I guess the problem is the car is already heavier due to more safety features which i'm ok with. Actually i'm getting an exhaust and have a green filter ready to go in with Cobb's off the shelf stage 2 map, so at that point I should be 310-330 whp... I plan on getting an UICP and then getting another protune and then that will likely be all I do to the car, so I should settle in comfortably around 350 whp I hope.
    not according to this. it only put down 213 whp stock. thats a long way from 245-255 whp.

YouTube - Buschur Racing's 2008 Evo X baseline dyno pull
    2009 Impreza WRX Hatch.
    Cobb AccessPort: Cobb Protune @ Draco Performance
    346 ft/lbs 289 awhp.
    Perrin CAI.
    Perrin Performance Catback.
    Perrin Performance 3" catted downpipe
    SPT boost guage.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast