Stage 1 09 vs. 09 Civic Si
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Stage 1 09 vs. 09 Civic Si within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Fun times. Mostly becuase i traded my Si for my WRX. Anyway im on the highway an i see a ...

Stage 1 09 vs. 09 Civic Si

Fun times. Mostly becuase i traded my Si for my WRX.

Anyway im on the highway an i see a civic pulling up beside me that turns out to be an Si (all stock). Dude that was driving it looked to be early 20's. He looked at me and down shifted and gassed it and slowed back down. So, me being an ex Si owner my self i figured i would indulge him a little. I slowed to around 55 mph and he down shifted and i dropped from 4th to third and off we went.

Needless to say im sure most of you already know the outcome. By the top of 4th gear he was toast. I let off and he comes back for more. lol. i just gave him a thumbs up and smoked him again.
    2009 Impreza WRX Hatch.
    Cobb AccessPort: Cobb Protune @ Draco Performance
    346 ft/lbs 289 awhp.
    Perrin CAI.
    Perrin Performance Catback.
    Perrin Performance 3" catted downpipe
    SPT boost guage.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

traded my 07 si sedan for a 06 sti. Best trade I ever did! The si is so far behind in performance but still fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Liquidr1 View Post

Anyway im on the highway an i see a civic pulling up beside me that turns out to be an Si (all stock). Dude that was driving it looked to be early 20's. He looked at me and down shifted and gassed it and slowed back down. So, me being an ex Si owner my self i figured i would indulge him a little. I slowed to around 55 mph and he down shifted and i dropped from 4th to third and off we went.

Needless to say im sure most of you already know the outcome. By the top of 4th gear he was toast. I let off and he comes back for more. lol. i just gave him a thumbs up and smoked him again.
    nice kill. What would you say was the distance between you and him during 4th gear?
    --Justin

Hawk-Eye Alliance #128

ill just say that i lost count of the car lengths.
    2009 Impreza WRX Hatch.
    346 ft/lbs 289 awhp.
    Perrin CAI.
    SPT boost guage.

ill just say that i lost count of the car lengths.
    my stock 09 destroys my friends stock si all day by lengths so im sure your stage 1 demolishes it...how do you like stage 1 compared to stock?

Quote Originally Posted by 2w0r0x9 View Post
    my stock 09 destroys my friends stock si all day by lengths so im sure your stage 1 demolishes it...how do you like stage 1 compared to stock?
    its great.
    2009 Impreza WRX Hatch.
    346 ft/lbs 289 awhp.
    Perrin CAI.
    SPT boost guage.

A previous gen Si (the 160 hp hatchback guppy looking version) with exhaust ran me back when I only had a catback (03 wrx), and got destroyed from 5 mph to 60 mph lol

I've been meaning to run a current gen one with mods, but most current SI's I see are all stock...

Quote Originally Posted by 2w0r0x9 View Post
    Ditto. Its not even a competition. I murdered a modded Si in my stock 09 by 8 - 10 lengths min.
    2011 Honda CR-Z EX
    Milano Red / Navigation / 6MT

2009 WRX hatch premium SEM #52 Traded 7/28/11
    Kartboy STS & bushings // RedlineGoods Shifter & E-brake boots // Muffler delete pipe // Window tint //

my buddy has a boosted 08 si, it looks sick as heck best honda i ever seen

Quote Originally Posted by diego04 View Post
    my buddy has a boosted 08 si, it looks sick as heck best honda i ever seen
    yea you have to boost them to make them the least bit fast.

I had the comptech supercharger kit, race header, catback, and intake and it was quick, but still no torque.
    2009 Impreza WRX Hatch.
    346 ft/lbs 289 awhp.
    Perrin CAI.
    SPT boost guage.

I used to have a modded civic and there are some fast civics out there..One guy had a 2000 civic si that is supercharged and puts 350whp down..he ran 11.8 with street tires and 11.4 with street slicks...pretty sure you wouldnt want to come across him on a freeway race cause he would walk on a WRX on the freeway..so be careful with some of those civics out there..good kill though

Edit... Just in case people think I full of **** here is a post my buddy sent me from a SVT forum a civic going 10.84...pretty sweet.

A buddy of mines Civic SI gettin' it done... - SVTPerformance
    Last edited by WRXinit; 11-25-2009 at 07:57 AM.
    "Ahhhh, the sweet whistle of the turbo spooling up."

Quote Originally Posted by WRXinit View Post
    I used to have a modded civic and there are some fast civics out there..One guy had a 2000 civic si that is supercharged and puts 350whp down..he ran 11.8 with street tires and 11.4 with street slicks...pretty sure you wouldnt want to come across him on a freeway race cause he would walk on a WRX on the freeway..so be careful with some of those civics out there..good kill though

Edit... Just in case people think I full of **** here is a post my buddy sent me from a SVT forum a civic going 10.84...pretty sweet.

A buddy of mines Civic SI gettin' it done... - SVTPerformance

Oh yea, there are definitly fast civics out there. But from a dig all that power is useless on the street. Nothing but wheel spin off the line. That why i traded my supercharged Si.
    2009 Impreza WRX Hatch.
    346 ft/lbs 289 awhp.
    Perrin CAI.
    SPT boost guage.

congrats on toasting the si The same thing happend to me last night with a nissan 370z, I gave him the thumbs up like ya nice try after i whooped him the first time. But then he insisted on getting whoooped twice
    Last edited by jcsti; 11-25-2009 at 08:10 PM.

Oh yea, there are definitly fast civics out there. But from a dig all that power is useless on the street. Nothing but wheel spin off the line. That why i traded my supercharged Si.
    ya they are bad from a dig but in that video it did run down a cobra mustang..so off the line is bad but they can catch up.
    "Ahhhh, the sweet whistle of the turbo spooling up."

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.