09 vs Z24
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on 09 vs Z24 within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; This didn't go like i thought it would. I was at a light he pulled next to me, and i ...

09 vs Z24

This didn't go like i thought it would. I was at a light he pulled next to me, and i looked over. It was a clean Z24 (Last body style before the cobalt) with nice rims not riced out at all. The light turned green and we both just took off like normal then he gunned it and i did the same. I started out at his rear bumper and when i got to the end of 3rd he was on my rear bumper. After that we hit another light, i put the car at 5k RPMs... green light and i pulled about 3-4 cars on him by the time i hit 2nd he just let off.

Before we started i figured i would have killed him (from the roll)but to my surprise i just creeped past him. Does the AWD really suck up that much power, or did he have no2... it might have been turboed, my windows were up so i couldn't really hear anything.

If i didn't have stage I, we would have been dead even i think (from the roll).

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Banned
    I Support ClubWRX
    Work on your driving. A 150 hp Cavalier should not have a remote possibility of keeping up with a WRX without some form of forced induction. Those cars run like 17s in the 1/4 mile all day long.

Ya, i agree. But i don't think it was so much my driving, that was a decent Cav... he must had had something done to it. I should have asked at the 2nd light.

Dood you have a 09 VF52 WRX and you wasn't walkin a cavalier, Hrrm... maybe its the drivetrain loss on the AWD from the roll..

I know from a digg you should be ownin him...

I have many stories to regail you with of my 08 td-04 where I can out victorious.
    I <3 SASHA.M

You were just being a bully, giving him false hope on the 1st run, only to crush his little heart on the 2nd try

BTW... quit launching against cavaliers.
    Last edited by Pavia; 11-22-2009 at 12:32 PM.
    06 GTO M6 Quicksilver, SLP 455 Bobcat, LS7 Clutch w/ SS line (RPM tune:373rwhp/373rwtq)
    07 WRX TR M5 Garnet Red Pearl w/ Straight PPGs and Cusco front LSD (Agile tune:307whp/343wtq)

Supporting Member mjboudreaux77's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Not sure I understand what I am saying here, but it never stopped me before...

My kid brother has a standard "run of the mill" cavalier. When he bought it, he loved the acceleration and told me stories all the time about beating srt's in the 1/4 mile. I didn't believe him, until I rode in the car with him.

It seems Chevy had 2 engines in the cavalier, and you can only tell by the VIN as to which engine you have. On top of that, I have certainly noticed 2 stock cars of the same type having very different feels. I used to get cooked in my grand prix GTP by other stock GTPs of the same year- I used to hate it. Couldn't be my driving as they were all automatic. Must be I got the car built on a Monday!

He is pulling 14 on the 1/4 mile with no modifications at all.
    If I don't die by Thursday, I'll be roarin Friday night - Jimmy Buffett

Quote Originally Posted by mjboudreaux77 View Post
    Not sure I understand what I am saying here, but it never stopped me before...

My kid brother has a standard "run of the mill" cavalier. When he bought it, he loved the acceleration and told me stories all the time about beating srt's in the 1/4 mile. I didn't believe him, until I rode in the car with him.

It seems Chevy had 2 engines in the cavalier, and you can only tell by the VIN as to which engine you have. On top of that, I have certainly noticed 2 stock cars of the same type having very different feels. I used to get cooked in my grand prix GTP by other stock GTPs of the same year- I used to hate it. Couldn't be my driving as they were all automatic. Must be I got the car built on a Monday!

He is pulling 14 on the 1/4 mile with no modifications at all.
    There's no stock Cavalier ever that ran a 14sec (14.00 to 14.99) quarter mile. I want to see slips. Stock Z24 runs 16.7-16.9 according to the car mag tests.
    06 GTO M6 Quicksilver, SLP 455 Bobcat, LS7 Clutch w/ SS line (RPM tune:373rwhp/373rwtq)
    07 WRX TR M5 Garnet Red Pearl w/ Straight PPGs and Cusco front LSD (Agile tune:307whp/343wtq)

I'm sure a Cavalier has no problems running 14s -- in the 1/8th!
    John M
    2000 Lincoln Continental - slow DD with the DOHC 4.6 and a Superchips tune
    1992 Lexus SC400 - slow resto project
    2005 Legacy GT Limited - SOLD Feb 2011 - Forged internals, FP HTA Green @ 22 psi.

Quote Originally Posted by Pavia View Post
    There's no stock Cavalier ever that ran a 14sec (14.00 to 14.99) quarter mile. I want to see slips. Stock Z24 runs 16.7-16.9 according to the car mag tests.
    even a quick google search of the fastest model over produced could only muster 15.6s
    RayfieldsWRX - "You like the feel of torque steer? Interesting"
    jd92677 - "I like the idea of mashing the gas and not knowing which way the car will go."
    -02 WRX 13.8@96 stock SOLD
    -04 SRT-4 626whp SOLD.
    -04 STi 13.3@102 stock. SOLD
    -04 SRT4 388whp DD SOLD

This guy wasn't stock... and the reason i launched vs a Cav is... i have no clue i just wanted to. I googled turbo Cavs in my city and found a bunch but none looked like this guys so i dont know.

You have to remeber we arn't the only people who modify our cars. Some people do it right and can turn a normal car in to something impressive.

The "doesn't run 14s" comments were in response to mjboudreaux77, not your posts.
    John M
    2000 Lincoln Continental - slow DD with the DOHC 4.6 and a Superchips tune
    1992 Lexus SC400 - slow resto project
    2005 Legacy GT Limited - SOLD Feb 2011 - Forged internals, FP HTA Green @ 22 psi.

A cavalier, built or not, i would never even consider wasting gas on it. Its ugly ass cavalier for gods sake. I dont care if it ran 9 sec quater miles i wouldnt waste my time on it.
    2009 Impreza WRX Hatch.
    Cobb AccessPort: Cobb Protune @ Draco Performance
    346 ft/lbs 289 awhp.
    Perrin CAI.
    Perrin Performance Catback.
    Perrin Performance 3" catted downpipe
    SPT boost guage.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.