Ummm...seriously?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on Ummm...seriously? within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; So driving home from work yesterday a Pontiac Sunfire (lol) pulled up beside me and wanted to go. I don't ...

Ummm...seriously?

So driving home from work yesterday a Pontiac Sunfire (lol) pulled up beside me and wanted to go. I don't have to tell you the result (obviously) but I could not believe the nerve of the guy. I didn't get a good look at him since his ride was pimped out with full tint, but based on the rate he was shrinking in my rear view mirror I still almost felt sorry for him.

I've only had my car for about a month, and am new to owning a WRX, but I feel hunted in that car. Seems like everybody is out to prove something to me now. I don't mind, it's fun

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

This post is quite similar to this one.
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/off-to...4-irks-me.html

I personally never ran a WRX when I wasn't driving one, now that I own one its amazing how many cars try to pull up next to me or run me or plain just wanna see my car go fast...

Me, I like to go for the big cars - BMWs, Lexus', Audi's, Infiniti's, ETC...OR anything Turbo'd.

Cars that tried to give me a go that shouldn't - plain integras, rsxs, camrys, accords, sentras, escalades LMFAO, Z71s ROFL, Titans, Xterras, LIKE WTF....
    I <3 SASHA.M

Quote Originally Posted by jeremy96gase View Post
    This post is quite similar to this one.
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/off-to...4-irks-me.html
    Not really...he didn't give me a "wave of approval" (as far as I know)...he just pulled up and wanted to go in his Sunfire. I mean, if he wants to see how his car stacks up, then good on him. Just thought it was funny since that was the last thing I expected. I also noted that I'm not used to that, since it's never happened until I got my WRX...nobody wanted a piece of my ol' Integra the last 8 years, haha. So just wanted to share this "new to me" experience...

Dont think iv ever had anyone want to race my rex.... Interesting how everyone else has though lol...
    Your vehicle is an extension of your skill as a driver, not a substitute for it.

Stink-Eye Mob Member #21
    08+ Gauge install DIY
    Turn off your seat belt chime

Banned
    I Support ClubWRX
    *shrug* Nobody ever challenges me. Just had the 2nd car in maybe a year and a half plus pull up to me 2 weeks ago.

proving yourself to a sunfire seems like a waste of petrol to me.

Captain James of the SS Impreza has gone down with the ship Drews's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by spt wrx 2k8 View Post
    Cars that tried to give me a go that shouldn't - plain integras, rsxs, camrys, accords, sentras, escalades LMFAO, Z71s ROFL, Titans, Xterras, LIKE WTF....
    You gotta be careful with some trucks man. Especially the big 'ol diesel ones. I've ran a few at the track when I had my BMW...some of those trucks were pretty freakin' quick.
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #Eleventy,000,000,000|N.E.R.D. Member 20,000
    Stable: 2014 Hyundai Veloster Turbo (Matte Grey), 06 LGT, 03 WRX, 98 RS, 00 OBS

Resident Clubdub Debbie Downer. I'd love your ideas if you kept them to yourself. Subarus suck, get a new wife.

Never argue with idiots. They'll drag you to their level and beat you with experience.

Literally a week after I got my black 02 wrx wagon and started reading up on forums I was challenged to a race by a 350z. Now, I had just learned how dangerous it is to drag race with a stock 02 wrx tranny and on top of that I'm an EMT and would-be firefighter (which means that speeding ticket=cant get a job for 3 years). I just picked up a few friends and we were heading to a bar for drinks when I pulled up at a red light, we had the windows down and we were talking as a silver 350z pulls up to our left with his coffee can muffler and shows me just how great his car sounds when it backfires.
    Me: "I hope this ******* doesn't think I'm going to race him"
    Passenger of 350z: "Hey man lets GO! on the green light!"
    Me: "**** no."

Green light, he takes off and hits somewhere around 90mph (40mph speed limit). I stand completely still at the green light and watch the cop parked on the right side of my tinted windows (which the 350z couldn't see I guess) turn on his lights and sirens and proceed to pull over and probably arrest the jerkoff in the Nissan. California state law says anything double the speed limit OR over 100 is a felony. My friends and I laugh our asses off all the way to the bar.

Now, I should mention that even if the cop wasn't there I wouldn't have raced him. However, that sweet bit of justice was icing on the cake. I too, never had this experience with my other cars, but there is simply too much to lose with street racing.

^ a wise policy...
    06 GTO M6 Quicksilver, SLP 455 Bobcat, LS7 Clutch w/ SS line (RPM tune:373rwhp/373rwtq)
    07 WRX TR M5 Garnet Red Pearl w/ Straight PPGs and Cusco front LSD (Agile tune:307whp/343wtq)

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Gancherov View Post
    California state law says anything double the speed limit OR over 100 is a felony.
    Wow that seems a little much. I understand the intent and it would certainly seem tough to "defend" doubling the speed limit or driving over 100 on a public road... However, to be labeled as a "convicted felon" for the rest of your life (with all the consequences that come with that) because of driving a little crazy one time, seems rather draconian.
    -The J
    New Members, CLICK & BOOKMARK these links:

"It's like smearing honey into Keira Knightly" -JC

Quote Originally Posted by TheJ View Post
    Wow that seems a little much. I understand the intent and it would certainly seem tough to "defend" doubling the speed limit or driving over 100 on a public road... However, to be labeled as a "convicted felon" for the rest of your life (with all the consequences that come with that) because of driving a little crazy one time, seems rather draconian.
    Yeah, I was going to add the same thought when you posted this.

Felony for double the speed limit ranks right up with the $3500 speeding ticket in VA. Even drunk driving isn't a felony in CA. Are we sure this is right?

One more reason I will never live in that state...
    Last edited by Pavia; 11-22-2009 at 11:52 AM.
    06 GTO M6 Quicksilver, SLP 455 Bobcat, LS7 Clutch w/ SS line (RPM tune:373rwhp/373rwtq)
    07 WRX TR M5 Garnet Red Pearl w/ Straight PPGs and Cusco front LSD (Agile tune:307whp/343wtq)

Yeah, it's funny that a DUI out here only gets you a little suspension and some community service. I have a friend that got drunk and crashed his 325i(?) coupe into another car at a red light and he ended up paying about $3000 in fines and a few hundred hours of community service. 1 year later he is getting his license back, if he can afford auto insurance that is.

I suppose the reasoning is that if you drive like an ass sober then you are doing so maliciously and with a full understanding of the repercussions whereas someone who is drunk does not understand. Its **** poor reasoning but I can't think of any other reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Gancherov View Post
    Yeah, it's funny that a DUI out here only gets you a little suspension and some community service. I have a friend that got drunk and crashed his 325i(?) coupe into another car at a red light and he ended up paying about $3000 in fines and a few hundred hours of community service. 1 year later he is getting his license back, if he can afford auto insurance that is.

I suppose the reasoning is that if you drive like an ass sober then you are doing so maliciously and with a full understanding of the repercussions whereas someone who is drunk does not understand. Its **** poor reasoning but I can't think of any other reason.
    Does this include driving, say, 30mph in a 15mph school zone?

Quote Originally Posted by Pavia View Post
    Does this include driving, say, 30mph in a 15mph school zone?
    School zones in California are 25. But the reason double the speed limit can be a felony charge is because they are then allowed to call it "reckless driving" and all of the other charges they can slap on top of that like "display of speed" and all that.

Unfortunately my computer is a little ****ed right now so I can't get the DMV handbook pulled up, but i'm sure it would explain all of the nuances. Basically, if you go super fast in California they castrate you and throw you in a federal pound-you-in-the-ass prison. (not literally, but you do get screwed pretty hard )

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast