South Park Harleys and the F word ... - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

This is a discussion on South Park Harleys and the F word ... within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by 02radioflyer It costs ALLOT. Its kind of an executives Harley. Not a bread n butter market item. ...

Administrator
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by 02radioflyer View Post
    It costs ALLOT. Its kind of an executives Harley. Not a bread n butter market item.
    That's incorrect. All Hardlys are expensive. A base model Vrod costs $17k.
    A base model Fat Boy costs $17k. A common base model Electra Glide costs $20k. This is all before ridiculously expensive chrome accessory options and staged "power" kits to make them run correctly right out of the factory.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

i would consider buying a vrod wayyyyyy before any other harley. but then again, that's why i'm not a harley person...
    '07 wrx wagon:
    Cobb catback, cobb short ram with intake box, turbosmart small recirc valve, yellow tinted fogs.

little bit older and a little bit more jaded.

Administrator
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by fire_cky View Post
    i would consider buying a vrod wayyyyyy before any other harley. but then again, that's why i'm not a harley person...
    Bingo. *Real* Hardly people don't trouble themselves with pesky things like performance or reliability.

Harley really tried to update their line a little bit with the Vrod. Heck, they were only 20 years behind technology when they released it. Finally they would have a bike that would compete with the 1983 Honda V65 Magna.

Hammerdown Mod of Thunder josnroh's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    ^ ^ ^ ^ I like that baby.
    Joe/Flyin' Under The Radar
    The Legendary Hammerdown Wagon
    Bugeye Mafia #337
    http://badges.fuelly.com/images/sig-us/81544.png
    2015 Buckeye Boxer WRX Lightning Red

Administrator
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by josnroh View Post
    ^ ^ ^ ^ I like that baby.
    They were awesome bikes in their day. Dipping into the 10's in 1983 was an awesome feat.

Harleys are OK, if you're into a heavy under powered bikse with enough chrome to be seen from space. I hang out with Harley guys all the time and ride often with my neighbor and his friends. Great group of people and though they tease the hell out of me not to mention the looks when we pull up to a "Harley" tavern and my bike is the only one sporting the label Hayabusa on the side, it's fun! Best part about ridin with Harley is that I ride so slow that I get about 50mpg on my 08 Busa, compared to 35mpg when I ride with my sport bike friends.

Quote Originally Posted by Trainrex View Post
    They were awesome bikes in their day. Dipping into the 10's in 1983 was an awesome feat.
    luv ur avatar i stare at that thing alot.
    RayfieldsWRX - "You like the feel of torque steer? Interesting"
    jd92677 - "I like the idea of mashing the gas and not knowing which way the car will go."
    -02 WRX 13.8@96 stock SOLD
    -04 SRT-4 626whp SOLD.
    -04 STi 13.3@102 stock. SOLD
    -04 SRT4 388whp DD SOLD

Here's a pic of my "Harley." I think it might even be more sexy than the wrx...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	New Muff 1 (Large).jpg 
Views:	71 
Size:	123.8 KB 
ID:	88305

I'm just saying, harley and wrx owners don't have to be mutually exclusive.
    Last edited by kd5gwf; 04-27-2010 at 02:49 PM.

Administrator
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by kd5gwf View Post
    Here's a pic of my "Harley." I think it might even be more sexy than the wrx...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	New Muff 1 (Large).jpg 
Views:	71 
Size:	123.8 KB 
ID:	88305

I'm just saying, harley and wrx owners don't have to be mutually exclusive.
    Beautiful bike. He had incredible designs and ideas. It's just too bad he wrapped them around that hunk of metal in the middle.

Quote Originally Posted by Trainrex View Post
    Beautiful bike. He had incredible designs and ideas. It's just too bad he wrapped them around that hunk of metal in the middle.
    +1

I've always loved Buells...
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens donít wear hats" -Ying

Since cost came up I just thought I'd mention that since Buell called it quits, you can pick up a brand new 2010 for under $7k. That's a lot of quick for 7k.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123