09 vs srt4
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on 09 vs srt4 within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Don't know what year but i was stopped at a light, right when he got to the light it turned ...

09 vs srt4

Don't know what year but i was stopped at a light, right when he got to the light it turned green and he took off. There was another light about a mile down so i figured i would wait till i catch him there. He slowed down and got next to me and kept popping his BOV and looked at me. We got to the next light but since it was timed with the other lights we didn't get to go from a stop. I gunned it for a sec and pulled from him but i didn't think he was going.

The third and last light on that street isn't timed with the rest since it goes under the highway, so we finally got to actually go. We waited there for about 5 secs. light went green and I took off from about 3.5-4k RPMs traction control biffed up my launch, so he actually got me off the line for about 30-40 feet but after that i pulled about 2-3 cars on him... it was then I realized he was going earlier, at the 2nd light. I stopped at about 40-50 MPH (45 speed limit) and he turned off to some parking lot.

I'm pretty sure the only mod the SRT-4 had was the BOV, no exhaust for sure)

It was nice finally beating an SRT-4. My old 2004 Spec-V would always beat them off the line then they would pass me once we hit 2nd (header, intake exhaust, cams, UDP).

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Tc ftl
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #898Military Milita #898

AP stage 2 93 oct. maddad DP. SPT short ram intake,SPT intake heat shield,HKS carbon fiber catback,boost,MAF,volt gauges,STI springs, pioneer flip screen headunit, polk audio speakers, vortex generator,STI wing,rally armor UR flaps

Yeah, switch of the TC next time. Youll get a nice chirp and then a hard launch. Then the smell of clutch.
    2011 Honda CR-Z EX
    Milano Red / Navigation / 6MT

2009 WRX hatch premium SEM #52 Traded 7/28/11
    Kartboy STS & bushings // RedlineGoods Shifter & E-brake boots // Muffler delete pipe // Window tint //

You really shouldn't smell your clutch... If you get a nice heavy breath of burning clutch your riding it to long...
    Your vehicle is an extension of your skill as a driver, not a substitute for it.

Stink-Eye Mob Member #21
    08+ Gauge install DIY
    Turn off your seat belt chime

you really shouldnt street race at all...

Quote Originally Posted by wrx1234 View Post
    I'm pretty sure the only mod the SRT-4 had was the BOV, no exhaust for sure)

It was nice finally beating an SRT-4. My old 2004 Spec-V would always beat them off the line then they would pass me once we hit 2nd (header, intake exhaust, cams, UDP).
    I wouldn't be supprized if that srt was loaded. stage 2 or 3. I ran against a stage 3 srt and it was slower than my 18G. Since the newer model wrx are a lot faster, you can assure you he was not stock. Stage 1 at the min.

Good kill.
    Meng Hang

Ogura Corporation (US Headquarters) Chesterfield Township, MI
    Network System Administrator, IT Supervisor
    Black WRX 2002, ...with 18G with Stock IC.

. I stopped at about 40-50 MPH (45 speed limit) and he turned off to some parking lot.

).
    40-50mph? Was it even worth the risk considering you stopped so soon? If you are going to race, then race; otherwise don't even bother.

Quote Originally Posted by Z/WRX View Post
    40-50mph? Was it even worth the risk considering you stopped so soon? If you are going to race, then race; otherwise don't even bother.
    So for a race to be official in your book what speed must i reach? Just so i know next time.

So for a race to be official in your book what speed must i reach? Just so i know next time.
    140+mph
    Meng Hang

Quote Originally Posted by MengHang View Post
    140+mph
    Ok, Good to know!

Quote Originally Posted by aaronacj View Post
    Ok, Good to know!
    ...I was joking....
    Meng Hang

zax
    I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    I wouldn't be supprized if that srt was loaded. stage 2 or 3. I ran against a stage 3 srt and it was slower than my 18G. Since the newer model wrx are a lot faster, you can assure you he was not stock. Stage 1 at the min.

Good kill.
    I dunno... a stock srt-4 (2004-2005 revision) will run a 103-104 trap speed. even a GREAT STi driver will only run mid 103s stock. maybe the driver just sucked
    2015 CWP WRX STi ... But how did I get roped back into an EJ motor?!
    Zax's utterly unimaginably stock 2015 STi build thread
    Zax's Shaggin' Wagon Build Thread Now tuned for 99% pure Unicorn Jizz!

Zach | Moderator -- Mid-Atlantic States, Tech & Modifying & General Repairs
    Rollin' with the Bugeye Mafia #302 | N.E.R.D. Subject Zero
    Facebook me here

Your Mid-A local board: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/mid-atlantic-states/

Or maybe the guy wasnt trying at all and just wanted you to hear his BOV. who knows

Good kill.
    Honestly stage 1 only adds like 10hp. Dont get me wrong the 09 wrx's are nice and from what i have read on them run a 13.5 stock..so if the neon was stock you should have beaten him.

Banned
    I have a stock 08 WRX and I never have any problem beating the SRT-4s. The thing that sucks is their cars are like $7,000 less than the WRX, but then they aren't AWD and at the end of the day it's still a Dodge Neon. You can dress up crap, but it's just dressed up crap.

The guys who try to race me all the time are Jetta's, A4's, and those GTi's. I always beat all of them. In fact, I won't even bother racing if I know the car's faster. Some guy in a Saleen try's to get me to go, I don't bother, I know I'll lose. I might go fo it with an Evo just to see how good the other driver is. It's faster, but not by much.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.