09 vs srt4 - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on 09 vs srt4 within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by teikyo30 I have a stock 08 WRX and I never have any problem beating the SRT-4s. The ...

Quote Originally Posted by teikyo30 View Post
    I have a stock 08 WRX and I never have any problem beating the SRT-4s. The thing that sucks is their cars are like $7,000 less than the WRX, but then they aren't AWD and at the end of the day it's still a Dodge Neon. You can dress up crap, but it's just dressed up crap.

The guys who try to race me all the time are Jetta's, A4's, and those GTi's. I always beat all of them. In fact, I won't even bother racing if I know the car's faster. Some guy in a Saleen try's to get me to go, I don't bother, I know I'll lose. I might go fo it with an Evo just to see how good the other driver is. It's faster, but not by much.
    You know whats funny i have seen fast cars in all shapes and sizes. Its pretty funny how you talk about beating jettas, a4s and gtis. Wow not exactly the best or fastest cars for you to try and race. Btw you should run about two seconds in the quarter faster then most of them. And how is the neon a crap when its proven time and again to handle 500HP with a stock block. Hell a guy ran around with over 650 trying to see how long the motor would last and it still lasted over six months. So frankly that dressed up piece of crap has proven time and again why people enjoy them so much. Yeah its FWD which generally puts us at a disadvantage. But for a cheap reliable car you really couldn't ask for anything more. Oh well to each his own. Have fun with your car and beating up on cars that shouldn't be worth your time in the first place.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Lupis View Post
    You know whats funny i have seen fast cars in all shapes and sizes. Its pretty funny how you talk about beating jettas, a4s and gtis. Wow not exactly the best or fastest cars for you to try and race. Btw you should run about two seconds in the quarter faster then most of them. And how is the neon a crap when its proven time and again to handle 500HP with a stock block. Hell a guy ran around with over 650 trying to see how long the motor would last and it still lasted over six months. So frankly that dressed up piece of crap has proven time and again why people enjoy them so much. Yeah its FWD which generally puts us at a disadvantage. But for a cheap reliable car you really couldn't ask for anything more. Oh well to each his own. Have fun with your car and beating up on cars that shouldn't be worth your time in the first place.
    The point is those guys are idiots. I don't go around trying to race anyone, but if I were to I would pick a car close to my own like a Mazdaspeed, maybe an SRT-4 or 300C, etc. I wouldn't try to race someone I know is faster. The guys I see in Vipers, I can't beat them so what would the point be? Same thing for the GT-Rs, 911's, etc.

The base Neon is a piece of crap. Ever see what happens to one in an accident? It isn't pretty. And the timing belt typically goes at 50K miles. When gen 2 first came out I thought they looked kind of cool, but that was when I had my Gen 3 Eclipse GT. So I liked my car much better. The problem with the tards in the SRT-4's, and the WRX's, and the A4's is they think when they see another car in the same class they have to race. I answer challenges, but I never issue them. If I'm doing 80 on the highway and a Toyota Corolla comes up behind me, I get out of the lane and let them pass. Just because my car is faster doesn't mean I need to prove it to them or to myself. I wouldn't mind doing it on a track with some of those cars, but frankly it gets annoying. If it's a guy and he feels short in other areas, that's his problem. I'm convinced a lot of those guys are way less endowed and are trying to compensate so they can feel big. You can upgrade your engine, but you can't upgrade in the bedroom.

Quote Originally Posted by teikyo30 View Post
    The point is those guys are idiots. I don't go around trying to race anyone, but if I were to I would pick a car close to my own like a Mazdaspeed, maybe an SRT-4 or 300C, etc. I wouldn't try to race someone I know is faster. The guys I see in Vipers, I can't beat them so what would the point be? Same thing for the GT-Rs, 911's, etc.

The base Neon is a piece of crap. Ever see what happens to one in an accident? It isn't pretty. And the timing belt typically goes at 50K miles. When gen 2 first came out I thought they looked kind of cool, but that was when I had my Gen 3 Eclipse GT. So I liked my car much better. The problem with the tards in the SRT-4's, and the WRX's, and the A4's is they think when they see another car in the same class they have to race. I answer challenges, but I never issue them. If I'm doing 80 on the highway and a Toyota Corolla comes up behind me, I get out of the lane and let them pass. Just because my car is faster doesn't mean I need to prove it to them or to myself. I wouldn't mind doing it on a track with some of those cars, but frankly it gets annoying. If it's a guy and he feels short in other areas, that's his problem. I'm convinced a lot of those guys are way less endowed and are trying to compensate so they can feel big. You can upgrade your engine, but you can't upgrade in the bedroom.
    I just think its funny when you sit there and like to say cars are crap when its been proven that its not. it was never ment to be a luxury car. Cool you own a wrx. They are nice cars don't get me wrong a buddy of mine has an 09 i have ridden around in it and its a good car. But just like 99% of the neon owners you throw yourself on a pedestal. The neon runs close to the same times as your car originally costs about 7k less. It did what it was supposed to do. Go in a strait line quickly and be able to handle relatively well.

Quote Originally Posted by 08_Subbie View Post
    you really shouldnt street race at all...
    Last edited by 302@12psi; 12-25-2009 at 05:04 AM.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Joshh100 View Post
    shutup ****!
    Do NOT insult other members. Read the forum policies and guidelines.
    Kevin
    Sinister's Blowoff Valve FAQ
    WRX Gas Mileage FAQ
    Sinister's Progress Thread - 430whp 429wtq - Sold
    Firearms Enthusiasts Thread

The Sheriff's Star at the bottom left corner rates a user's reputation.
    If you found a user's post to be helpful or quite the opposite, please make it known to them by clicking the Star!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.