2004 STi vs 2006 M3 - Page 3
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

This is a discussion on 2004 STi vs 2006 M3 within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by Wrinklechops Defying physics, yes, that is BS. And you have 330whp and 400wtq? I used to have ...

Quote Originally Posted by Wrinklechops View Post
    Defying physics, yes, that is BS.

And you have 330whp and 400wtq?

I used to have a friend who put the VF39 on his 06 WRX. He didn't even make 300whp. I think he made 290-something on a really high reading dyno. You would need a bigger/better turbo than the VF39 to be getting 330whp, even on a high reading dyno. My friend also only had 340-something wtq. Again, there is no way you made nearly 60 more wtq than him on the VF39.

I looked them up before you even posted this. You still didn't provide a name of a tuner. That's the most important part. I could tell you I got tuned by Mac Autosport (local tuner), but what if it was Sue the receptionist/secretary lady who did my tuning?

You see, all I am getting at is that if you cannot even convince us of your power numbers, how are we supposed to believe your wild car-beating stories?
    I have to disagree (with the whp part, anyway).

I'm putting down 315whp with a VF43 (which is the same as the VF39 in terms of capacity) on a dynojet. This is at 19.5lbs of boost, as read on my AP.

I still have the ability to raise the boost a couple more pounds to maybe 21-22lbs on this turbo (with my setup).

Under the same conditions, it's certainly feasible to be hitting 330whp on the same dynojet with that much boost.

Attachment 86229
    Last edited by Pavia; 03-16-2010 at 11:13 AM.
    06 GTO M6 Quicksilver, SLP 455 Bobcat, LS7 Clutch w/ SS line (RPM tune:373rwhp/373rwtq)
    07 WRX TR M5 Garnet Red Pearl w/ Straight PPGs and Cusco front LSD (Agile tune:307whp/343wtq)

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Jaidmaster View Post
    I don't think the numbers are too far off. Just a quick search turned up a similar setup with similar numbers:
    2007 STI - 322.14whp/373.89wtq - IWSTI.com: Subaru WRX STI Forums

What am I missing?
    I was wondering what he did to get those torque numbers, then I saw 100oct Gas and 21lb boost.

I still might add the headers and colder plugs though...
    06 GTO M6 Quicksilver, SLP 455 Bobcat, LS7 Clutch w/ SS line (RPM tune:373rwhp/373rwtq)
    07 WRX TR M5 Garnet Red Pearl w/ Straight PPGs and Cusco front LSD (Agile tune:307whp/343wtq)

Wrinklechops
    Quote Originally Posted by Pavia View Post
    I have to disagree (with the whp part, anyway).

I'm putting down 315whp with a VF43 (which is the same as the VF39 in terms of capacity) on a dynojet. This is at 19.5lbs of boost, as read on my AP.

I still have the ability to raise the boost a couple more pounds to maybe 21-22lbs on this turbo (with my setup).

Under the same conditions, it's certainly feasible to be hitting 330whp on the same dynojet with that much boost.

Attachment 86229
    Thanks for posting a dyno sheet Pav

I just find it funny the OP couldn't provide a dyno sheet or the actual name of his tuner. Oh well, perhaps he IS getting 400wtq on a very high reading dyno. Like I said, my friend with the VF39 wasn't even hitting 300whp... so maybe he was running a very low boost level (17-18psi).

We are also starved for horsepower here in Colorado at nearly 6000ft.

The only thing is, if the VF39/43 was so great, why do so many STi guys ditch those and go with some 18g, 20g, GT30R setup, etc etc? Because the VF39/43 runs out of breath by 4500rpm and is completely useless by 5500rpm.

I thought we were suppose to be a community of Enthusiasts not, "Pick on the guy who can't back up his ****" It's the internet for crying out loud. Let's not start E-thugin' and compare the site to that of bigger companies/sites.

Wrinklechops
    Quote Originally Posted by 97_04 View Post
    I thought we were suppose to be a community of Enthusiasts not, "Pick on the guy who can't back up his ****"
    But at the same time, we can't have someone running around embarrassing the community with wild claims about kills, etc Just trying to keep everyone honest, that's all.

If I told you I had 400hp, wouldn't you want to know how I got that?

But at the same time, we can't have someone running around embarrassing the community with wild claims about kills, etc Just trying to keep everyone honest, that's all.
    This is true, but again this is the internet.

If I told you I had 400hp, wouldn't you want to know how I got that?
    If you say you do, then I guess you do. I don't tend to question Each and every person about their mods. That reminds me of (I know flame suit on ) the first Fast and the Furious when Dom. Questions Brian about going to each and every garage and finding out everyone's MODS.

It's all about having fun and enjoying people's company knowing they have the same tastes in cars and what not throughout the U.S. without having to travel.

Thanks for keeping me honest guys.

Oh, and yes I want to embarrass the community everytime I get the chance to. It just brings me so much joy to do so.

Lets get back to the topic..... E46 M3's are too much for STi's to handle.

Wrinklechops
    Quote Originally Posted by STi300whp View Post
    Lets get back to the topic..... E46 M3's are too much for STi's to handle.
    Hey, if you've got nothing but buttloads of cash to burn, anything can be fast. Guess that's the moral of the story.

Hey, if you've got nothing but buttloads of cash to burn, anything can be fast. Guess that's the moral of the story.
    Quoted for truth. something(Butt loads of cash) I don't have a lot of, otherwise I would be posting in the Porsche or Ferrari forums

troof.
    RayfieldsWRX - "You like the feel of torque steer? Interesting"
    jd92677 - "I like the idea of mashing the gas and not knowing which way the car will go."
    -02 WRX 13.8@96 stock SOLD
    -04 SRT-4 626whp SOLD.
    -04 STi 13.3@102 stock. SOLD
    -04 SRT4 388whp DD SOLD

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by 2004NeonSRT4 View Post
    troof.
    Said the Neon owner.
    0-60 faster then your first sexual experience.
    "You've come far, and though you're far from the end
    You don't mind where you are, cause you know where you've been"

Defying physics, yes, that is BS.

That's what Porsche and every other car company said about Nissan's GTR because of its weight lol

Honestly don't see what the big deal is of that modded sti guy beating an e46 M3. Stock e46's trap around 105 mph.

Wrinklechops
    Quote Originally Posted by TurnWRX View Post
    Honestly don't see what the big deal is of that modded sti guy beating an e46 M3. Stock e46's trap around 105 mph.
    But it wasn't a stock M3 he said he was beating up on... it was a 510hp supercharged one

But it wasn't a stock M3 he said he was beating up on... it was a 510hp supercharged one
    whoa whoa whoa.... 510hp? Wow, I didn't know I mentioned that horsepower figure in my posts.

But if you say so... 510hp then so be it....

You do know not all supercharged M3's run the same and have the same horsepower figures. This specific one is a personal friend of mine and it's not a very aggressively tuned supercharged M3.
    Last edited by STi300whp; 11-12-2009 at 06:56 PM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.