2004 STi vs 2006 M3 - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

This is a discussion on 2004 STi vs 2006 M3 within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by Wrinklechops +1. E46's have what, 343hp from the factory stock? 333hp As for 300 whp, most stock ...

Quote Originally Posted by Wrinklechops View Post
    +1.

E46's have what, 343hp from the factory stock?
    333hp

As for 300 whp, most stock e46s make around 280rwhp on a dyno dynamics

300 whp on 1 dyno with car A vs 300 whp on another dyno with car B does not equal the same amount of power.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Wrinklechops
    Quote Originally Posted by TurnWRX View Post
    333hp

As for 300 whp, most stock e46s make around 280rwhp on a dyno dynamics

300 whp on 1 dyno with car A vs 300 whp on another dyno with car B does not equal the same amount of power.
    Still, RWD = less drivetrain loss. Much to one's advantage if the race is from a roll on the highway.

I think normally aspirated and supercharged engines can have a flatter torque curve.
    Last edited by Wrinklechops; 11-11-2009 at 08:49 PM.

I get told on the forums that my stories are not true... but there's no point of me making up these stories.

I've beaten lightly modded C5 LS1 Corvettes, M3's, SRT4's, GT mustangs, lightly modded 5.7L GTO, 6.0 GTO, etc... I've also lost to some of these cars as well.

Anything can happen. Oh and just for reference my car is pretty well modded with the right parts and tuning included. My race gas map on my STi makes 330whp and 400wtrq on a dynojet.

Quote Originally Posted by Pavia View Post
    A supercharged GTO, with Pedders, would be a fun project. M5/M6 killer...
    And yes it's me from the GTO forums.

How's it going man?

Oh, and for further proof I'm not lieing I have a video here of me racing a 380whp 6.0L GTO 6speed on the highway from a 60mph roll in Mexico. I was neck a neck with him right up to 125mph.

Mexican Roll Racing - Car Videos on StreetFire

If you fast forward to 2:15sec you can see the run

Wrinklechops
    Quote Originally Posted by STi300whp View Post
    I get told on the forums that my stories are not true... but there's no point of me making up these stories.
    Sure there is. Bragging, boasting, car discussion, whatever you want to call it

I've beaten lightly modded C5 LS1 Corvettes, M3's, SRT4's, GT mustangs, lightly modded 5.7L GTO, 6.0 GTO, etc... I've also lost to some of these cars as well.
    I'm not surprised you beat up on SRT-4s or Mustang GTs (joke of a car. Try a Cobra, Mach 1, or a Saleen) if you really have 330whp and 400wtq. Little harder to believe the GTOs, Corvettes, and M3s though... (and I assume those are all E36 and E46 M3s? Ever try on the E92?)

Anything can happen. Oh and just for reference my car is pretty well modded with the right parts and tuning included. My race gas map on my STi makes 330whp and 400wtrq on a dynojet.
    Car to post a dyno sheet? Also, are you tuned on E85? Or just 105+ octane? If so, bet that's expensive! Are you running meth or nitrous or anything?

Can you tell us all your mods? Within reason... like your power mods. I don't care to know what scent your air freshener is.
    Last edited by Wrinklechops; 11-11-2009 at 09:21 PM.

Sure there is. Bragging, boasting, car discussion, whatever you want to call it

I'm not surprised you beat up on SRT-4s or Mustang GTs (joke of a car. Try a Cobra, Mach 1, or a Saleen) if you really have 330whp and 400wtq. Little harder to believe the GTOs, Corvettes, and M3s though... (and I assume those are all E36 and E46 M3s? Ever try on the E92?)

Car to post a dyno sheet? Also, are you tuned on E85? Or just 105+ octane? If so, bet that's expensive! Are you running meth or nitrous or anything?

Can you tell us all your mods? Within reason... like your power mods. I don't care to know what scent your air freshener is.
    I'm assuming you didn't watch the video...... I am neck a neck with a 380whp GTO which that car traps the 1/4 mile in the 110-112mph range.

I run race gas when I want to play and no it's not expensive as long as you do buy race gas every week. lol.

I run a pump gas tune daily and I was tuned for a 109 octane tune as well.

And yes it's me from the GTO forums.

How's it going man?

Oh, and for further proof I'm not lieing I have a video here of me racing a 380whp 6.0L GTO 6speed on the highway from a 60mph roll in Mexico. I was neck a neck with him right up to 125mph.

Mexican Roll Racing - Car Videos on StreetFire

If you fast forward to 2:15sec you can see the run
    Here is the video in case you missed it wrinklechops.

And as far as the mods go... all I have is breathing mods and a larger TMIC. And a great tune from one of the best subaru tuners in the business.

Wrinklechops
    Here is the video in case you missed it wrinklechops.

And as far as the mods go... all I have is breathing mods and a larger TMIC. And a great tune from one of the best subaru tuners in the business.
    Don't worry, I watched the video.

I just don't see how you're getting 400wtq and 330whp from "breather mods" and a larger TMIC, race gas or not, on a stock VF39. Like I said, would you mind posting a dyno sheet? Or at least listing your mods very specifically? Most everyone on here will know right away the estimated power levels if you do that.

Also, who was your tuner? If he is one of the best, I'm sure we all know his name. Surely he's well known, so you don't have to protect his anonymity.

Getting my popcorn for this thread....
    Grant | Stink Eye-Mob #133 | '09 WRX Premium
    STI Short Shifter, 25mm Front Sway Bar, 22mm Rear Sway Bar, Endlinks, Perrin Stealth (Black) Turbo back exhaust
    Pictures of My WRX http://www.flickr.com/photos/37962357@N02/

Don't worry, I watched the video.

I just don't see how you're getting 400wtq and 330whp from "breather mods" and a larger TMIC, race gas or not, on a stock VF39. Like I said, would you mind posting a dyno sheet? Or at least listing your mods very specifically? Most everyone on here will know right away the estimated power levels if you do that.

Also, who was your tuner? If he is one of the best, I'm sure we all know his name. Surely he's well known, so you don't have to protect his anonymity.
    Topspeed from alpharetta, ga is my tuner.

And in all seriousness I don't feel like I need to prove myself to either you or anyone on here. If you don't believe me then it's okay suit yourself.

I'm not here to brag or show off... I'm just here to state what kind of encounters I've had with other cars.
    Last edited by STi300whp; 11-11-2009 at 09:44 PM.

Wrinklechops
    Topspeed from alpharetta, ga is my tuner.

And in all seriousness I don't feel like I need to prove myself to either you or anyone on here. If you don't believe me then it's okay suit yourself.

I'm not here to brag or show off... I'm just here to state what kind of encounters I've had with other cars.
    Fair enough. Just don't expect us not to call BS on you if you cannot provide proof.

And the video is not proof.

At least just list your mods. Why is that so hard?

EDIT: Also, I'm not familiar with your tuner. You named the company, but not the specific tuner. That's important. Granted, I may not be as up-to-date as some on the who-is-who of the tuner community, but like I said the company name rings no bells, and you did not provide an actual tuner's name.
    Last edited by Wrinklechops; 11-11-2009 at 10:01 PM.

Well then BS is called out on me oh well.
    Last edited by STi300whp; 11-11-2009 at 10:07 PM.

Wrinklechops
    It's all good man.... BS is something that can happen when a car that shouldn't win does.
    Defying physics, yes, that is BS.

As far as my mods go I have: intake, downpipe, full exhaust, fuel pump, port and polished Grimmspeed headers, Upgraded TMIC, 2 step colder plugs, etc, etc.....
    And you have 330whp and 400wtq?

I used to have a friend who put the VF39 on his 06 WRX. He didn't even make 300whp. I think he made 290-something on a really high reading dyno. You would need a bigger/better turbo than the VF39 to be getting 330whp, even on a high reading dyno. My friend also only had 340-something wtq. Again, there is no way you made nearly 60 more wtq than him on the VF39.

My tuning is done here: ..:: Welcome to TopSpeed Inc (..:: Welcome to TopSpeed Inc)
    I looked them up before you even posted this. You still didn't provide a name of a tuner. That's the most important part. I could tell you I got tuned by Mac Autosport (local tuner), but what if it was Sue the receptionist/secretary lady who did my tuning?

You see, all I am getting at is that if you cannot even convince us of your power numbers, how are we supposed to believe your wild car-beating stories?
    Last edited by Wrinklechops; 11-11-2009 at 11:58 PM.

I Support ClubWRX
    I can beat a ZR1 Corvette,Dodge Viper GTS or Porsche Carrera GT3......if they have a crappy driver. From a roll is crap anyways. Such a joke.............
    Last edited by Donkey; 11-12-2009 at 04:51 AM.
    Resident Adviser @ WTF Tuning, LLC
    2002 FORESTER S
    1998 FORESTER S

I don't think the numbers are too far off. Just a quick search turned up a similar setup with similar numbers:
    2007 STI - 322.14whp/373.89wtq - IWSTI.com: Subaru WRX STI Forums

What am I missing?

Defying physics, yes, that is BS.

And you have 330whp and 400wtq?

I used to have a friend who put the VF39 on his 06 WRX. He didn't even make 300whp. I think he made 290-something on a really high reading dyno. You would need a bigger/better turbo than the VF39 to be getting 330whp, even on a high reading dyno. My friend also only had 340-something wtq. Again, there is no way you made nearly 60 more wtq than him on the VF39.

I looked them up before you even posted this. You still didn't provide a name of a tuner. That's the most important part. I could tell you I got tuned by Mac Autosport (local tuner), but what if it was Sue the receptionist/secretary lady who did my tuning?

You see, all I am getting at is that if you cannot even convince us of your power numbers, how are we supposed to believe your wild car-beating stories?
    '07 SWP STi, Stage 2, Sways, Springs

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast