Can a WRX beat IS350 - Page 8
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678

This is a discussion on Can a WRX beat IS350 within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by Pavia So how common are WRX's in Germany? Haha they're extremely uncommon. I've seen other Americans here ...

Quote Originally Posted by Pavia View Post
    So how common are WRX's in Germany?
    Haha they're extremely uncommon. I've seen other Americans here with WRXs and STis, but never any Germans. I see the occasional euro-spec Legacy, but not much else. The closest thing I've ever seen to a WRX has been an 06/07 2.5 RS wagon. But I kind of like that sense of individuality... these Germans give my WRX some pretty long looks sometimes

Now, this is something that could DEFINITELY beat a WRX. These haven't arrived in America yet, and they're not even for sale over here in Germany. I live about 2 miles from the HQ of Mercedes-Benz, and saw these guys rolling around today.

A pair of brand new Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG's. The old 1950's gullwing SL resurrected. Bada**.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2009-12-11 15.59.58.jpg  
    Wow, this car rocks.

I live on the autobahns of Germany

Ravens for life.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Wrinklechops
    Lucky you. How did you end up in Stuggart? I have a friend stationed in Berlin right now... are you military?

One of my dreams is to go check out the Nurburgring, among many other things in Germany e.g. WWII sites.

Quote Originally Posted by Wrinklechops View Post
    Lucky you. How did you end up in Stuggart? I have a friend stationed in Berlin right now... are you military?

One of my dreams is to go check out the Nurburgring, among many other things in Germany e.g. WWII sites.
    I came with my parents a couple years ago when they got stationed here--now I'm just going to college in Stuttgart this year. I think I'm headin' home next fall though. And thanks, I feel luck to have the opportunity.
    Wow, this car rocks.

Ravens for life.

Wrinklechops
    Quote Originally Posted by pepper06 View Post
    I came with my parents a couple years ago when they got stationed here--now I'm just going to college in Stuttgart this year. I think I'm headin' home next fall though. And thanks, I feel luck to have the opportunity.
    I assume you're fluent in German? That's cool. Have you had a chance to check out the Nurburgring? Or maybe some WWII sites?

Quote Originally Posted by Wrinklechops View Post
    I assume you're fluent in German? That's cool. Have you had a chance to check out the Nurburgring? Or maybe some WWII sites?
    Well unfortunately no...not quite fluent. But I'm learning. Stuttgart is a really really diverse community with all the American forces here, so the University of Stuttgart has a huge selection of classes in not only German, but English as well.

I've actually been toying with the idea of a trip to the Nurburgring more lately...I haven't been there yet. Every time I think of it being a great idea, I get all these terrible thoughts of me taking a turn too recklessly and going off into a wall. As smart of a driver as I believe I am, sometimes I just think I'd do something stupid. And if you do something really stupid, then my German insurance won't cover me, which would be a problem. A lot of people go to the Nurburgring and think they can crack out a "fast" time or something, but they just end up crashing. There's crashes every day, and roughly a dozen people die every year on public days. There's a reason it's called "green hell."

Bah, I'll probably go in the spring or something and do a few laps lol. If I do, I'll put up some darn good pictures--one of my car fully intact after the drive.
    Wow, this car rocks.

Ravens for life.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678