Can a WRX beat IS350 - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

This is a discussion on Can a WRX beat IS350 within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX YES !...

Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post
    YES !
    Stage Eleventy

"The Bird of Hermes Is My Name, Eating My Wings To Make Me Tame."

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Of coruse!

IS350's are no joke, those things can fly. My brother test drove one for his new car, and wow, sitting in that car when he floored it (used) just felt great. We tested the 08 TL-S, 08 IS350, 09 Accord V6 coupe, and 09 328xi coupe, which is ultimately what he got.

I think he should have gotten the 350 just because it seemed quicker than the rest, and was a hell of a lot more comfortable.

Wrinklechops
    Quote Originally Posted by viper289 View Post
    IS350's are no joke, those things can fly. My brother test drove one for his new car, and wow, sitting in that car when he floored it (used) just felt great. We tested the 08 TL-S, 08 IS350, 09 Accord V6 coupe, and 09 328xi coupe, which is ultimately what he got.

I think he should have gotten the 350 just because it seemed quicker than the rest, and was a hell of a lot more comfortable.
    Oh but I would take that BMW any day Should have gone with a 335xi... then your IS350 would have felt slooooowwwww

Quote Originally Posted by Wrinklechops View Post
    Oh but I would take that BMW any day Should have gone with a 335xi... then your IS350 would have felt slooooowwwww
    And the wallet would have felt lighhhhhhttttttt

Can't complain with the 328xi (and I'm sure he won't either), but 300hp vs 230hp... It's noticeable =)

Quote Originally Posted by Wrinklechops View Post
    +1 ,i love a good ride like lexus but BMW is just the route i like. power, luxury, and i just like the feel of em.
    <------------ Pure unfiltered joy... 04 wrx stage III ** The Blobeye Syndicate **... #39----------------------------------->

Wrinklechops
    And the wallet would have felt lighhhhhhttttttt
    Really though, you're spliting hairs if you're deciding on a Lexus over BMW based solely on price alone.

You know what they call Audi: a poor man's Mercedes. I feel the same thing with people who are equally snobbish but go with a Lexus over BMW or whatever. Go big or go home

Quote Originally Posted by The_Buck View Post
    +1 ,i love a good ride like lexus but BMW is just the route i like. power, luxury, and i just like the feel of em.
    I agree. I will never forgive myself for turning in my 98 BMW 328i for my WRX. Although the WRX is awesome, there was just something more...passionate (?) about the BMW. I can't put
    my finger on it.

Oh for sure, whatever floats your boat, but the only thing I dislike about BMW is (at least in SoCal) they're everywhere. And pretty much everyone, once they graduate college and get a full time job, they buy a BMW.

Don't get me wrong, they buy them for good reason, they're great cars, but really, how many 350's are on the road compared to 3 series? I personally would have gone the route with whooping a 3 series in a 350 and calling it a day

Is in Love With the Admins Here 20WRX04's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Honda View Post
    hey i think you might have looked it up wrong, maybe you were lookin at is250's?

is350's run 13's and trap upwards of 102 mph.
    No I did not look it up wrong. I know how to use the interwebs very well. Like I said, it all depends on the driver. The IS350 1/4 mile, from leading car magazines, also varies over the years from 14.2-13.7. The WRX is still better than the IS350 as a whole, dollar for dollar. Enough said.

And yes, trolls....
    The first rule of the Faction is...DO NOT TALK ABOUT THE FACTION.
    NY GIANTS
    Hybrid Faction #19
    Blobeye Syndicate #19
    Mods

Oh for sure, whatever floats your boat, but the only thing I dislike about BMW is (at least in SoCal) they're everywhere. And pretty much everyone, once they graduate college and get a full time job, they buy a BMW.

Don't get me wrong, they buy them for good reason, they're great cars, but really, how many 350's are on the road compared to 3 series? I personally would have gone the route with whooping a 3 series in a 350 and calling it a day
    thats true. i bought my wrx cuz i wanted something people didn't have. then after moving out of my small town to a big city i found that my thinking was incorrect. lots of subys... lots of BMWs. I wouldn't mind a BMW somewhere down the road but your right, it probably is common for students to get them once out of school.
    <------------ Pure unfiltered joy... 04 wrx stage III ** The Blobeye Syndicate **... #39----------------------------------->

Quote Originally Posted by shorjai View Post
    sure u did... talk is cheap... ppl do their HW but just cant find any information regarding both car... PPL on this site might have raced wif IS350 before... thats why i am asking for a feedback
    IS350 have never wanted to race me and I've see a lot of races. I think the owners know they are slow cars. They are....

I don't think you will find anyone who have raced a 350.
    Meng Hang

Ogura Corporation (US Headquarters) Chesterfield Township, MI
    Network System Administrator, IT Supervisor
    Black WRX 2002, ...with 18G with Stock IC.

Quote Originally Posted by Edmunds Inc. View Post
    Driving Impressions

The 2009 Lexus IS 350's creamy-smooth V6 hurtles you toward the horizon at the slightest provocation. It's just a shame that such a brilliant engine is stuck with the IS 350's slow-witted automatic transmission and relatively uncommunicative steering. The car's handling capabilities are formidable, but the IS 350 is not nearly as engaging to drive as segment benchmarks like the BMW 335i and the Infiniti G35. The Lexus does offer an impressively compliant ride, however. Should the standard chassis setup seem too soft, you can opt for the X Package, which includes a sport-tuned suspension and 18-inch summer tires.

For more Driving Impressions, Recent Articles and Car Awards from our Editors, see our Road Tests page.

IMHO I think the IS350 is butt for its segment, one of my friend's friend has one (my friend is a 335i owner) - he says he's not impressed both cars are priced almost the same with the 335i being about 1.5k over the IS..

An 09 WRX in my eyes will murder a IS350. I rape IS250's I mean like the car is going in reverse with my 08 - this is with the car on "sport" mode.

The 335 and IS350 are not close in price. Equipped equivalently, the BMW is about $7,000 more. For the price of a loaded IS with Nav, Leather, heated and cooled seats etc., BMW gives you plastic seats and none of the other creature comforts.

The IS is also conisistently a mid 13 second car. I used to drive one as a company demo (now own a 2009 WRX), and I would say it would be a very close race between the two in stock form. I you believe the 350 to be slow, you may be in for an unpleasant surprise.

it's a slow car compared to others in its segment. notice how i said the car is butt for its "segment"

335i or xi will rape it
    G37x or xS will also rape it

period.

BTW - im not talkin about my 08 cause the things i will be doing to my 08 no is350 will be following behind me - i'm guessin the driver will be givin up after first or second gear

Quote Originally Posted by Rocco Siffredi View Post
    I you believe the 350 to be slow, you may be in for an unpleasant surprise.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.