04 protuned wrx VS. Nissan Altima SE-R
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on 04 protuned wrx VS. Nissan Altima SE-R within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; To make a super super long story short..had an old friend call me up and say i was talking **** ...

04 protuned wrx VS. Nissan Altima SE-R

To make a super super long story short..had an old friend call me up and say i was talking **** on his car and blah blah blah.. basically he called me out to a race to prove his altima se-r was faster..

Here's how we stacked up

Me 04 WRX:
    SRS TBE
    Turbo XS short ram intake
    couple odds and ends
    Custom Protune by clark turner at 18psi.

Him Nissan Altima SE-R
    custom magnaflow exhaust

We went out on a blocked off road away from town yadayadayada..

First race we started from a dead stop i got a perfect launch and was gone i had him by about 6-7 car lengths

second race we started from a roll 2nd gear 25mph we were even for about 2-3 seconds till my turbo was spooled up and then i started pullin and pullin got him by about 3-4 car lengths. (those SE-R have a good top end)

not sure exactly how far we raced but i finished around 105mph..

Needless to say after the win we shook hands he apologized and god did it feel great hahahahaha

oh ya my car

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

good win,

where'd you get those lights? Or did you do it yourself?

I want something similar for my wagon
    Stage Eleventy

"The Bird of Hermes Is My Name, Eating My Wings To Make Me Tame."

Wrinklechops
    Good job I never thought those Altimas were terribly fast. Are they much different than the Maxima SE-Rs? Er, did they not make those? I thought the Maxima shared the same engine as the 350Z once upon a time.

I get kids in the Sentra SE-Rs all the time trying to race me

I Support ClubWRX
    The driver of the Altima needs to learn how to drive (if in fact you beat him by those margins).

Quote Originally Posted by Wrinklechops
    I get kids in the Sentra SE-Rs all the time trying to race me
    There's a big difference between the Sentra SE-R and the Altima SE-R.
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning, LLC

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

Quote Originally Posted by EJ257 View Post
    The driver of the Altima needs to learn how to drive (if in fact you beat him by those margins).

i am not 100% positive those are exact lengths..my adrenaline was goin so crazy and ect...however from the look of my rear view and everyone there thats what i was told..

My tailights are the stock 04-05 lights i had a body shop spray them with clear coat/black die to tint them needless to say they came out PERFECT.

as for the maxima/altima idk i just know the altima se-r has a

3.5-liter DOHC 24-valve V6 engine offers 260 horsepower and 251 lb-ft of torque
    Manuel 6spd tranny

all in all i am super proud of my suby but after the race everyone was like oh man i thought for sure u were going to get your ass kicked this made me sad but i proved them wrong

x2 on big difference between altima and sentra se-r

also, there was no maxima se-r...yet lol

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States

Yea, for one thing the ALtima looks better imo
    One day I'll have a truly awesome sig
    -------
    2004 impreza WRX
    uppipe, downpipe, ap, and a grin
    ~Blobeye syndicate~ #2007

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
    Quote Originally Posted by roooler View Post
    i am not 100% positive those are exact lengths..my adrenaline was goin so crazy and ect...however from the look of my rear view and everyone there thats what i was told..

My tailights are the stock 04-05 lights i had a body shop spray them with clear coat/black die to tint them needless to say they came out PERFECT.

as for the maxima/altima idk i just know the altima se-r has a

3.5-liter DOHC 24-valve V6 engine offers 260 horsepower and 251 lb-ft of torque
    Manuel 6spd tranny

all in all i am super proud of my suby but after the race everyone was like oh man i thought for sure u were going to get your ass kicked this made me sad but i proved them wrong
    I believe it's the 3.5 altima that offeres 265hp. The SE-R (from what my bro says cause he's so in love with it) produces 275hp.
    One day I'll have a truly awesome sig
    -------
    2004 impreza WRX
    uppipe, downpipe, ap, and a grin
    ~Blobeye syndicate~ #2007

what I like about the altima se-r, is that they didnt make very many of them, so its cool to see them.

To bad their n/a, otherwise you could probly make some decent power out of it.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by foxbox13
    what I like about the altima se-r, is that they didnt make very many of them, so its cool to see them.
    Hmm, there's 5 of them I can think of in my area
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning, LLC

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

Coming from a 2000 and 2003 maximas I know those VQ motors have nice top end but it takes a bit to get up there, but of course im speakin in terms of the 4 spd auto trans w/ OD.

Hmm, there's 5 of them I can think of in my area
    hmmm, i almost never see them in my area. Oh well!

Quote Originally Posted by roooler View Post

First race we started from a dead stop i got a perfect launch and was gone i had him by about 6-7 car lengths

second race we started from a roll 2nd gear 25mph we were even for about 2-3 seconds till my turbo was spooled up and then i started pullin and pullin got him by about 3-4 car lengths. (those SE-R have a good top end)
    I raced my mates 2010 WRX with my 2010 3.5SR Altima from 15mph to 110mph and when we shut it down he was 1 car length ahead. We are both stock, he has 265hp vs my 270hp. 04 WRX has 227hp stock plus your mods. Either your friend in the SE-R can't drive or you over exaggerated big time.

Quote Originally Posted by CGimpreza View Post
    I believe it's the 3.5 altima that offeres 265hp. The SE-R (from what my bro says cause he's so in love with it) produces 275hp.
    The SE-R produces 260hp and the non-SE-R's of that generation depending on year produced 240-250hp. The 4th gen 2007+ produces 270hp.

I Support ClubWRX
    Welcome!

The last post in this thread was over a year ago. You may not get many responses.

I've owned two Nissans and generally liked them.

Enjoy the site.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast