2002 WRX VS 2010 Camaro SS - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on 2002 WRX VS 2010 Camaro SS within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I'm still tuning it (myself, with Romraider) and it's still on stock fuel to dial in the MAF housing. At ...

I'm still tuning it (myself, with Romraider) and it's still on stock fuel to dial in the MAF housing. At 12-13 psi it already flows more air than the stock turbo did at Stage 2, 17 psi. My guesstimate is a 105-107 trap as it sits. The 850s go in this weekend if I get the time, followed by the fuel pump when the tank is empty enough.

The goal is ~400whp, though it may take meth injection to do it comfortably. There's an E85 station nearby so I can go that route too. As long as it's north of 380 whp and can trap close to 120, I'm happy.

I bought the car brand new in Sept 2004. It's now up to 18k miles

Oh, and the bumper is back on too -- will update pics eventually.
    John M
    2000 Lincoln Continental - slow DD with the DOHC 4.6 and a Superchips tune
    1992 Lexus SC400 - slow resto project
    2005 Legacy GT Limited - SOLD Feb 2011 - Forged internals, FP HTA Green @ 22 psi.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by John M View Post
    The goal is ~400whp, though it may take meth injection to do it comfortably. There's an E85 station nearby so I can go that route too. As long as it's north of 380 whp and can trap close to 120, I'm happy.

That's a quick family sedan.
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

Wrinklechops
    Quote Originally Posted by TurnWRX View Post
    If you're going by curb weight, the 02-03 wrx weighed in at 3085 lbs

Plus the automatic camaro ss's aren't as fast as the manual ones, at least according to C&D trap speeds of 107 mph vs 110-111 mph. Not saying that the guy above had a chance though if the camaro was really racing.
    My 2005 weighed 3330lbs with me in it. I weigh about 200lbs, so 3130. I also am burdened with the sunroof which is probably where that extra 50-100lbs comes from.

It would take a lot for an 02-05 to absolutely walk on a Camaro SS, V8 style. Alright well, I know someone will say "define 'a lot'?" - but I know you all already know what I mean.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12