do i have an 08 or 09 WRX? - Page 5
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

This is a discussion on do i have an 08 or 09 WRX? within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; well i wouldnt say screwed, we still had the 265 as well... the option of being able to save a ...

well i wouldnt say screwed, we still had the 265 as well...
    the option of being able to save a few grand and go with the 224 i'm sure worked out very well for some people considering the 265's arent exactly cheap

-Alex

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Saj5DJ View Post
    Let me solve this mystery for you fellas, you have touched on it already. During 2009 the WRX was available as TWO different models in Canada: The WRX, and the WRX 265. A WRX 265 is the same as a US 09 WRX Premium, the 'standard' WRX is the 224hp '08 engine, tranny, suspension and wheels, but 2009 trim.

Elementary my dear Watson!

OP, you have 224hp.
    Thats interesting... I wonder why we didnt see that here in the states. I mean it may have eased the blow to the people who bought an 08, and made a more graceful crossover from all the differences in the two years.

Or I wonder if Subaru had all these left over 08 parts and said what ever will we do with these?
    Your vehicle is an extension of your skill as a driver, not a substitute for it.

Stink-Eye Mob Member #21
    08+ Gauge install DIY
    Turn off your seat belt chime

I dunno. I kind of like telling people I have a WRX 265 though

Well now that it's determined that the OP has a 2009 but the specs of the 2008 WRX in the U.S. the question is:
    Did he get screwed in his lease deal?

If the dealer tried to mislead him into thinking he has the 265 hp version and all the upgrades that came with it (suspension, tires, stitching, etc etc) or was the OP just uninformed when he went buying?
    Well clearly the OP should of done more homework before hand, but if you got a good deal on the lease than you can't expect the 265 hp version at the 224 hp version price.

You'd have to compare what you are paying for you lease to others in Canada that are leasing a 265 hp version. If you are paying roughly the same, with the same terms, the dealer screwed you.
    If you are paying a decent amount less, then you got what you paid for.

Next time, do your homework before buying anything that costs you more than "walking around" money.

Quote Originally Posted by Driver72 View Post
    Well now that it's determined that the OP has a 2009 but the specs of the 2008 WRX in the U.S. the question is:
    Did he get screwed in his lease deal?

If the dealer tried to mislead him into thinking he has the 265 hp version and all the upgrades that came with it (suspension, tires, stitching, etc etc) or was the OP just uninformed when he went buying?
    Well clearly the OP should of done more homework before hand, but if you got a good deal on the lease than you can't expect the 265 hp version at the 224 hp version price.

You'd have to compare what you are paying for you lease to others in Canada that are leasing a 265 hp version. If you are paying roughly the same, with the same terms, the dealer screwed you.
    If you are paying a decent amount less, then you got what you paid for.

Next time, do your homework before buying anything that costs you more than "walking around" money.
    I don't think there's much screwing in evidence on the dealers behalf. Guy walks in for a WRX, guy gets a WRX. All the details of both trim levels were available on the Subaru Canada site in 2009. I know, because I spent WAYYYY to long on there when I got mine

Of course, this meant that I walked in and specifically asked for a 265.

For your info, my lease was $4,000.00 down and $387 per month for 36 months, including taxes. Buyout methinks is around $21k. And before all the Americans chime in and say how much less they are paying, I know. We get screwed in Canada on car prices.

^ Are you guys talking Canadian currency or US dollars? Im sure the exchange rate would make up for some of that.
    Your vehicle is an extension of your skill as a driver, not a substitute for it.

Stink-Eye Mob Member #21
    08+ Gauge install DIY

Quote Originally Posted by Poohbear View Post
    ^ Are you guys talking Canadian currency or US dollars? Im sure the exchange rate would make up for some of that.
    Not really... considering a base model WRX goes for $32,495 in Canada. The conversion ends up at $31,509 american. A base model WRX on Subaru.com is $24,995.

I wonder why there is such a high mark up? I mean I doubt there is any mechanical differences...

Mabe our wrx's are built with recycled yugos and pepsi cans because Japan hates us...

With the amount of sales I wouldnt be surprised if we see a hike in prices here int he states.

Stink-Eye Mob Member #21
    08+ Gauge install DIY

It's the exact same car.

Canada gets ripped off, period.

Quote Originally Posted by saj5dj View Post
    it's the exact same car.

Canada gets ripped off, period.
    +5000000!!!!!!
    09 WRX Premium: AP, Perrin Stage 2, Perrin Intake, Perrin SS, Perrin TBE, BC Racing Coilovers
    Pioneer and JL Audio C2, W3, G6600 Stink eye Mob #24
    08+ Owners Gallery, add yours!!!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.