do i have an 08 or 09 WRX? - Page 4
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

This is a discussion on do i have an 08 or 09 WRX? within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; A person in one country buys a model not available in another country that people in the other country don't ...

I Support ClubWRX
    A person in one country buys a model not available in another country that people in the other country don't recognize. Is this what the thread is about?
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by WRXnewbii View Post
    Ok, I just read this thread and I'm no liking it so far. I'll be leasing a WRX this coming April and according to you guys, I'd be getting the 224hp engine ? That makes no sense whatsoever. It's called FRAUD

Now I'll be paranoid this spring. Is there another way to tell by looking at the engine ? (Looking at the turbo perhaps ? )
    According to Subaru Canada's website, any 2010 Impreza with WRX on it has 265 HP. Last year's models may have been different.
    10 WRB WRX Wagon Premium

Ok, I am from the great white north.

In 2009 there was two WRX models.
    There is the WRX= 224 hp, no aero unless dealer add on, cheaper, all season re92's

Then there was the WRX265= 265hp STI aero from factory, red stiching and aluminum pedals, different wheels (darker grey) also have summer dunlop tires.

Now in 2010 there are two different trims for the WRX, the mechanical is identical for each of them. The two trims now are Limited and non-limited. The difference's in the two trims can easliy be looked up on their website.

^ i dont know about that... If you have an 09 wrx you have the 265... No 2009 wrx's were made with 224...

The GT had 224 I think and was then upped to 265 for 2010...

The dealer may have been talking about having left over 08's on the lot in 09 or perhaps the GT...

Quote Originally Posted by Subarex View Post
    According to Subaru Canada's website, any 2010 Impreza with WRX on it has 265 HP. Last year's models may have been different.
    Take a peak at your turbo if your still unsure... The turbo will read vf52 on it... That is really the big difference in the 09's and 2010's (amongst other things)... If its not a vf52 then well i dunno what to tell ya...
    Last edited by Poohbear; 01-13-2010 at 09:23 AM.
    Your vehicle is an extension of your skill as a driver, not a substitute for it.

Stink-Eye Mob Member #21
    08+ Gauge install DIY
    Turn off your seat belt chime

Great White North= Canada, we never had the GT model. All the WRX's were standard transmission as well.

another way to tell if its an 08 or 09 on the sedans, check if the rear bumper diffuser is painted black or painted to match factory color.

factory color = 08
    left black = 09

unless the dealer does some painting to make it more "appealing"

the 10 minutes i spent reading this thread....i wish i could get them back.
    2012 VW GLI
    2012 Toyota Sienna LE AWD (thats right...swagger wagon)
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #011

Hi guys, I'm new here and I'm about to buy a 2002 Subaru WRX. I was wondering if you guys could help me out checking for the history report, Anyone willing to help please email me to rulez13 at gmail.

I already saw the car and it looks pretty good, it is Salvaged but is already fixed.

Thanks all

Quote Originally Posted by abhiwan View Post
    the 10 minutes i spent reading this thread....i wish i could get them back.
    seriously. I think the easiest way to tell is with Poohbear's way. If possible, identify the turbo under the hood. VF52=265hp, Td04=224hp.
    --Justin

Hawk-Eye Alliance #128

Quote Originally Posted by rulez13 View Post
    Hi guys, I'm new here and I'm about to buy a 2002 Subaru WRX. I was wondering if you guys could help me out checking for the history report, Anyone willing to help please email me to rulez13 at gmail.

I already saw the car and it looks pretty good, it is Salvaged but is already fixed.

Thanks all
    a salvaged car is a big red flag. is it a flood car? is it a fire car? was it in a really bad accident? why was it salvaged?

IMHO...look for another car.
    2012 VW GLI
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #011

Quote Originally Posted by abhiwan View Post
    a salvaged car is a big red flag. is it a flood car? is it a fire car? was it in a really bad accident? why was it salvaged?

IMHO...look for another car.
    It's salvaged due to a little crash, the 2 left doors were hit, but it wasn't that bad, and it is fixed now, the car is in pretty good shape, anyways I would like a history report to know everything about it. I'd appreciate if you guys could help me out with that.

Let me solve this mystery for you fellas, you have touched on it already. During 2009 the WRX was available as TWO different models in Canada: The WRX, and the WRX 265. A WRX 265 is the same as a US 09 WRX Premium, the 'standard' WRX is the 224hp '08 engine, tranny, suspension and wheels, but 2009 trim.

Elementary my dear Watson!

OP, you have 224hp.

Quote Originally Posted by rulez13 View Post
    It's salvaged due to a little crash, the 2 left doors were hit, but it wasn't that bad, and it is fixed now, the car is in pretty good shape, anyways I would like a history report to know everything about it. I'd appreciate if you guys could help me out with that.
    you should start your own thread.

and read EVERYTHING in this thread
    How to Buy a Used WRX or STI
    2012 VW GLI
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #011

Quote Originally Posted by Saj5DJ View Post
    Let me solve this mystery for you fellas, you have touched on it already. During 2009 the WRX was available as TWO different models in Canada: The WRX, and the WRX 265. A WRX 265 is the same as a US 09 WRX Premium, the 'standard' WRX is the 224hp '08 engine, tranny, suspension and wheels, but 2009 trim.

Elementary my dear Watson!

OP, you have 224hp.

+1 in canada the 224hp wrx was made and sold in 2009 for a couple grand less than the 265hp version

-Alex

OK, so the bottom line is that in 2009, Subaru screwed Canada.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast