09 vs GXP Solstice

This is a discussion on 09 vs GXP Solstice within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Nothing special, he was in front of me at the light, and took off i also gunned it and he ...

09 vs GXP Solstice

Nothing special, he was in front of me at the light, and took off i also gunned it and he slowed down and i went around him (not really racing yet).

We hit another light and this time he was behind me (ya we couldn't get lined up). The light turned green and i got up to about 20 so he could get around the car to our right he gunned it and so did i. he started at about my read bumper and at about 70-80 MPH he was about a car and a half behind. I didn't think those this were fast. I think if we would have kept going he would have had me, he seemed to start creeping after i shifted in to 3rd but traffic slowed us down.

How good are these clutches, I'm use to front wheel drive where my goal was to not spin out. Now my goal is to not bog out when i launch. The 2 times i launched i smelled my clutch which is never good... these where 4k launches with me feathering the clutch. I just wanted to see what this thing can do. i don't plan doing it to often.

any good threads on this topic my search didn't find much.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

keeping in mind that I know very little about cars, and NOTHING about Subaru's... i'd say get a good tune and that will change a whole lot about the car. Without looking at all of the numbers, the GXP has 260 hp and weighs 2948 lbs. The WRX has 265 and a weight of around 3200 lbs.. 250 lbs can make a difference.

I do know from owning a 08 Evo that they made the thing soooooooooo rich that it really slows the car down. Of course that is sort of their safety net for people not having blown motors (although Subaru blew enough motors in their early 09 WRX's lol... sorry quick poke). Get a good tune and see if that doesn't change things quite a bit.

you have to launch from higher if your trying to launch at all...launch from 5500-6000 as you want to break traction for a second and feather the clutch but not too much...its an art that most subie drivers dont master or dont care to master because learning it causes damage...good luck and if you arent ready to replace your tranny/clutch, dont do it...or if you learn quickly do it and have fun

im a tech at a pontiac dealer and i must say the solstice gxp is a quick car idk if my bugeye is faster but id like to think so lol.
    If you have everything under control you're going too slow.
    Bugeye Mafia #218 XPT gm bcs stage 2
    my mods
    HIGH MILEAGE CLUB
    ASE CERTIFIED MASTER TECH.