so i came to the conclusion...
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on so i came to the conclusion... within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; on the way home from class today i had an 05 stg 2 sti pull up next to me in ...

so i came to the conclusion...

on the way home from class today i had an 05 stg 2 sti pull up next to me in my 06 stage 2 wrx. we waved and briefly chatted about mods and such, and once the light turned we chased each other around a bit. nothing dangerous, just some hard pulls. when i first bought this car i really knew nothing about it, and i gotta admit i lucked out. in my opinion i managed to buy the highest performance wrx to date. as stage 2 i managed to go just short of door to door with him in his 05. that 2.5 liter really helps, not to mention the bigger injectors, better brakes, lighter control arms, the 06 was really built more like a mini sti than the previous years. in 07 they went back to steel control arms, not to mention the ecu issues that seemed to be going on. i guess i just couldnt have been luckier

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    I think the 09 is the fastest wrx to date....
    2014 Ford Fiesta ST

06 WRX, HAWKEYE # 001 <T-boned and sold>

COILOVER TABLE
    TURBO TABLE

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by 06wrx4me View Post
    I think the 09 is the fastest wrx to date....
    It is...

But my opinion is... the 06 WRX is the best platform for a modified performance driver.

Best brakes, 2.5L engine, 3.7 final drive, double synchros, etc
    Kevin
    Sinister's Blowoff Valve FAQ
    WRX Gas Mileage FAQ
    Sinister's Progress Thread - 430whp 429wtq - Sold
    Firearms Enthusiasts Thread

The Sheriff's Star at the bottom left corner rates a user's reputation.
    If you found a user's post to be helpful or quite the opposite, please make it known to them by clicking the Star!

I Support ClubWRX
    While the 06 does have it points (AVCS, 3.70, control arms, rear cup holders, limited option with leather, etc) it is probably not the best offering to date. The 09 appears to take that award.

If you are looking for a good street car any of the new Subaru's are probably a safe bet. The 2.5 has great potential in general.

At the end of the day IMHO the non STI's still have a weak tranny althrough I do not recall reading any 08's or 09's destroying gear boxes yet.

It comes down to what you want. A stage 2 06+ is going to be a very fun street car. Toss in some sway bars, tires, and a good alignment with some brake updates and you have a VERY well rounded car for a good price.
    0-60 faster then your first sexual experience.
    "You've come far, and though you're far from the end
    You don't mind where you are, cause you know where you've been"

I Support ClubWRX
    the brakes, and the final drive do it for me on the 06/07's over the 09's.

I have 40 + drag launches on ~300whp with an upgraded clutch... maybe I'm just lucky, but I have not seen many late 06 and 07's with transmission failures. The only 06's that I've noticed with transmission failures (and I did a lot of research before my turbo purchase) all had early build dates. I haven't heard of a single 08 with transmission failure that wasn't abuse.

There hasn't been anyone with clout able to confirm anything that I've mentioned, but this is a pretty solid belief that I've never voiced before but have held for a while.
    Kevin
    Sinister's Blowoff Valve FAQ
    WRX Gas Mileage FAQ
    Sinister's Progress Thread - 430whp 429wtq - Sold
    Firearms Enthusiasts Thread

The Sheriff's Star at the bottom left corner rates a user's reputation.
    If you found a user's post to be helpful or quite the opposite, please make it known to them by clicking the Star!

stage 2 07 wagon here... And i concur...

After the tuning the ecu issues went away... But i still want those aluminum control arms
    Hawk Eye #1991
    Dirty Crew #11
    Military Militia #1991
    I still don't know how I got this car...

All I've gotta say is I cant wait til my car is 4 years aged, like fine wine as well.

Quote Originally Posted by 302@12psi View Post
    While the 06 does have it points (AVCS, 3.70, control arms, rear cup holders, limited option with leather, etc) it is probably not the best offering to date. The 09 appears to take that award.

Agreed, as long as the engine holds up...

Styling, however, still goes to the 06.
    06 GTO M6 Quicksilver, SLP 455 Bobcat, LS7 Clutch w/ SS line (RPM tune:373rwhp/373rwtq)
    07 WRX TR M5 Garnet Red Pearl w/ Straight PPGs and Cusco front LSD (Agile tune:307whp/343wtq)

To each their own! I think the 09s look way better than the 08s. My favorite will always be the 04-05, styling wise.
    Last edited by Guero; 09-29-2009 at 10:07 AM. Reason: Mistake

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Guero View Post
    All I've gotta say is I cant wait til my car is 4 years aged, like fine wine as well.
    The hell with waiting, I have 200 more miles 'til the modding begins, lol!
    -AJ | Hawk-Eye Alliance #55 | Stink-Eye Mob #1
    NASIOC - Narcissistic, Arrogant, Self Involved, Oligarchy of Cryptorchidisms

2011 Chevy Camaro SS RS Package & 2011 Honda Pilot
    Used to have: Protune Stage 2 2010 Subaru WRX
    Used to have: Stage 4 2006 Subaru WRX

Add me to Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by 302@12psi View Post
    At the end of the day IMHO the non STI's still have a weak tranny althrough I do not recall reading any 08's or 09's destroying gear boxes yet. Lol i forgot to mention that my clutch has been slipping for about 5k miles in 4th and 5th. 60k miles and bought it from a 20 yr old girl that learned stick on it. i obviously did not know this at the time or i would have bought elsewhere, but regardless looks like a good time for a new clutch

It comes down to what you want. A stage 2 06+ is going to be a very fun street car. Toss in some sway bars, tires, and a good alignment with some brake updates and you have a VERY well rounded car for a good price. i agree, i have tien lower springs and end links and that puppy handles like a dream

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.