350Z-Slayed - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on 350Z-Slayed within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by PurpleMongoose Living in NJ, I'd think the one would be the WRX. Seems like the Z06 would ...

Quote Originally Posted by PurpleMongoose View Post
    Living in NJ, I'd think the one would be the WRX. Seems like the Z06 would require a bus pass for the winter.

Quite the 'Screamer', huh?
    I work for a software company 11 miles from where I live. If the roads get bad, I can always just use the VPN connection to work from home.

Good job on the movie reference.

Perhaps the 350Z was an Auto? Vert? Never had an oil change?
    Last edited by Micah; 09-29-2009 at 11:21 PM.
    Torch Red 2002 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 46k mi.
    Black 2002 Subaru Impreza WRX 6-speed 94k mi. my mod list
    10/08/2006 - 14.089@103.01 (5-speed with well worn clutch, no launch)
    "Six stars gleaming, five speeds breaking, four tires chirping, three differentials working, two liters screaming, one turbo boosting... it's what makes a Subaru all-wheel-drive, all we'll drive."
    for Bugeye owners my BOV thread Service Manuals

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by The_Buck View Post
    what are your thoughts on the 370z? still N/A and would probly run into the same problems but thats a nice step up if the performance was your only qualm with the 350
    The 370 is whole new animal... the 0-60 numbers are usually 4.8-5.1 seconds (from what I remember, but could be wrong) but the torque will take over after that and all you'll see is his tail lights lol. I know it always feels good to outrun a more powerful car though lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Methodical4u View Post
    The 370 is whole new animal... the 0-60 numbers are usually 4.8-5.1 seconds (from what I remember, but could be wrong) but the torque will take over after that and all you'll see is his tail lights lol. I know it always feels good to outrun a more powerful car though lol.
    i have no interest in racing them, a guy i kno got one and was telling me how much he liked it more than the 350, so i thought i'd mention it. but yes from what i kno i agree it is a whole new animal... or beast if you will.
    <------------ Pure unfiltered joy... 04 wrx stage III ** The Blobeye Syndicate **... #39----------------------------------->

Quote Originally Posted by WRXinit View Post
    I feel like the 350z should have pulled on you from 5 mph roll...that is the worst place for a wrx to race from...they lag alittle bit from that mph..they are much better from a launch or higher rpms...I think the 350 driver didnt know how to drive all that well...good kill though..
    Thats exactly what I would have thought since at a slow roll the wrx is relying on motor alone, and its a very small motor, it doesn't have the low end torque to keep up. My guess is that I probly got on the gas that split second before he did and had the advantage.

Quote Originally Posted by Silversubie05 View Post
    Thats exactly what I would have thought since at a slow roll the wrx is relying on motor alone, and its a very small motor, it doesn't have the low end torque to keep up. My guess is that I probly got on the gas that split second before he did and had the advantage.
    I have never found the 350z to be that impressive of a car. It's nice looking and all, the 370 is much better to me. I wouldn't own either because of the expense of really getting a lot of extra power out of them seems quite high vs. my Evo or a WRX, STI, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Methodical4u View Post
    I have never found the 350z to be that impressive of a car. It's nice looking and all, the 370 is much better to me. I wouldn't own either because of the expense of really getting a lot of extra power out of them seems quite high vs. my Evo or a WRX, STI, etc.
    oem FI applications are always easier to mod/make more power per dollar than NA ones.

I like the fact that the 370z is quite affordable (base model) given the performance. $29k and up seems like a bargain these days when the base model Evo and Sti are $35k and up.

As for the OP I would have expected the 350z to pull hard once things got rolling...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12