my rex vs an sr20
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on my rex vs an sr20 within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; So, I guess I am a little ashamed to post this but I am bored and thought I would share. ...

my rex vs an sr20

So, I guess I am a little ashamed to post this but I am bored and thought I would share. Last night me and my buddy got to smack talking and ended up having a little race. He has a '92 240 with a red top sr20 swap, as well as a header back exhaust and a mbc. I think I remember him saying that his stock turbo wouldn't push more than about 14 lbs, fairly similar maybe a tad more than a stock wrx. I was in my stock 02 wrx. Anyway when we lined up and all I took him off the line and through second, but his mid-top end in third began to pull on me. I was just seeing what anyone else's experience against an sr20 was. From the video I have (link is below) it seems he has a lot more top end (my stock turbo was running out of breath at about 6k rpms). Anywho, I know the gains in going stage two as well, what are your guy's set ups?

video

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

They are very limited by the stock turbo. I've never really had much issue taking them.

If you got a turboback + tune of some sort, you should be on par with the car in that video.
    I created my avatar.

what year is your subie? and what do u have done

i can tell you right now an sr20 will put lengths on ALOT of wrx's that are tuned running 16-18 psi. with the sr20 running the stock 7.

Back when I had my WRX I ended up running an SR20 240sx twice; I was pretty shocked as well.

My 06WRX had SPT cat back and Cobb stage 1, that was it. Not sure what his car had other than the SR20, FMIC, and exhuast (he told me after the first run it had the SR20, I could see the FMIC and exhuast).

Anyway in both runs from a dig, I got him off the line but only by about 1car length. The first run we only went to 60mph and then hit a light. The 2nd run I again got him off the line. By 2nd gear he was at my back doors. By the top of third we were dead even. We shut down at 100mph where neither one of us was pulling on the other. Gave eachother a wave and he turned off. Honestly, I didn't expect him to keep up as well as he did but I also don't know what he had done.

By the way, my WRX ran 13.8 at LV speedway which is a crappy track. Only ran it twice and I'm sure I could have got more out of it with more runs to practice with. Just so you have an idea of where my WRX was at.

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
    I'm not too shocked about this. 240's are very light+rwd. A little horsepower will go a long way with them.
    One day I'll have a truly awesome sig
    -------
    2004 impreza WRX
    uppipe, downpipe, ap, and a grin
    ~Blobeye syndicate~ #2007

So did you have a passenger too? Funny he raced you with a film crew in the car.
    The fast and the "Yeah right!"
    Blobeye #60
    2004 WRX STi Java Black Swirl
    2004 WRX san remo wingless sold
    99 Impreza 'L' grocery getter sold

yea, this is pretty much what should happen. oh and PSI means nothing when you compare two different setups
    2011 SWP 5 door WRX LIMITED

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.