2010 Hyundai Genesis
Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

This is a discussion on 2010 Hyundai Genesis within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Anyone test drive one of these vs. Sti ? I saw one the other day V6 turbo badges thrown all ...

2010 Hyundai Genesis

Anyone test drive one of these vs. Sti ? I saw one the other day V6 turbo badges thrown all over it. Cant believe Im thinking this but giving Sti owners a run for their money ?
    2009 Sti Bone Stock
    Waiting on Magna-Flow CBE

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Its got a lot of potential, ill admit that. Im pretty sure its a dumbed down Evo motor. so basically a flash and some boltons and you've got yourself some power!

But i would never consider this over a STi, thats just nonsense. Congrats Hyundai for making a car with some decent power, but im sure everything else is basically like the Tibby, which i am not impressed with.

Something about Hyundai I cant get past the cheap plastic-ness of it all.
    2009 Sti Bone Stock
    Waiting on Magna-Flow CBE

Sammich Makin' Pwincess wrxtreme06's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    i drove the 2.0 & hated it. felt cheap & heavy. no acceleration. no power. no comfort.

but then again, i didnt like the 08 sti either (if thats what youre comparing it to)

desiree
    your friendly, neighborhood subaru girl
    abbigale : 06 impreza wrx tr: cobb stage II
    hawkeye alliance #11:11//
    wingl3ss @ll!ance #17 // lvl 80 N.E.R.D.

I would like to hear more from people. In a year when my WRX is paid off, I was going to look into one of these. 4cyl. w/track pack. My good friend is the sales manager for a Hyundai dealership. He sold me my Elantra DD for super cheap, and he showed me a number for the Genesis. I'd still keep the WRX. Just add another toy. The wagon seems to be turning into the truck of the family. Always hauling stuff, going mudding, carting the bloodhound.

Another that interested me was the Genesis Sedan. 375hp w a German built trans to take said hp. Pretty sweet ride to cart my family around in. For a good price.
    I work on vehicles that make 650hp and 2400ft/lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by ImprezaRSTi View Post
    Anyone test drive one of these vs. Sti ? I saw one the other day V6 turbo badges thrown all over it. Cant believe Im thinking this but giving Sti owners a run for their money ?
    You do realize that the V6 doesn't come in turbo, right? There is only the 2.0 turbo which is only good for 15.2-15.4 in the 1/4 mile. The V6 is non turbo and only good for about 13.7-13.8. So neither one would come close to the STI in a drag race. Even from a roll I think the STI would be able to hang with the V6. They are nice cars but in their individual segments they are not competitive. The V6 against the 370z, the Z is hands down the winner. The 2.0T against cars like the WRX, cobalt SS, SRT-4, all the other cars are better. Where Hyundai beats everyone is in the price, you just end up sacrificing performance.

As for the rumors of the 2.0T just being a detuned EVO motor it's false. The motor does share some similarities to the EVO motor but it's not like if you swap a few parts you have an EVO motor. That being said the motor in the 2.0T has shown to produce some good power. Then again for the money spent on modding it to be 13 sec or faster you could easily have just got a faster car to begin with.

Lastly, there is talks of in the near future offering a genesis coupe with the V8. This would be the same V8 that is offered in the sedan that makes near 400hp. If and when they ever do this it would be the only genesis worth buying.

For the money, there are few better cars out there than the Genesis. It comes with a ton of standard features and both the 2.0 and 3.8 take to mods very well. Also, it's not intended to compete with the 370, Hyundai has stated that it's target was the G37, for which it has won almost every comparo against.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by blinkme323 View Post
    For the money, there are few better cars out there than the Genesis.
    agreed. FWIW- the 2010 speed3 is only 23k & is far more impressive.

desiree

I Support ClubWRX
    The Genesis also can't tow as much as my F350 SuperDuty. What a POS.
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

The turbo Genesis had to be sold "de-tuned" or there would be no compelling reason to buy the v6. It's got plenty of potential and the chassis to put it to good use. Look how slow a stock DSM was back in the day.

I can't believe anyone is actually be willing to own that stupid smiling Speed3. Turbo + FWD has nothing on a turbo + RWD.

If I hadn't put all this on my Legacy I'd probably be in a Genesis now.
    John M
    2000 Lincoln Continental - slow DD with the DOHC 4.6 and a Superchips tune
    1992 Lexus SC400 - slow resto project
    2005 Legacy GT Limited - SOLD Feb 2011 - Forged internals, FP HTA Green @ 22 psi.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by John M View Post
    I can't believe anyone is actually be willing to own that stupid smiling Speed3.
    i wasnt comparing them on a visual aspect, i was comparing them stock to stock performance wise.

Turbo + FWD has nothing on a turbo + RWD.
    have you driven either one yet? if youre potentially basing it off of the previous MS3's you shouldn't. the new ones have significantly less torque steer/wheel hop than the other models did. it's cheaper than the genesis & IMO performed a lot better. maybe the genesis has more potential as far as modding in the future, but right out of the box i'd take the ms3 in a heartbeat
    Last edited by wrxtreme06; 09-01-2009 at 01:39 PM. Reason: fixing my grammar :)

desiree

Quote Originally Posted by Z/WRX View Post
    The V6 is non turbo and only good for about 13.7-13.8.

More like 14.2-14.3 @ 99-100 mph and this is for the track version.

Quote Originally Posted by ImprezaRSTi View Post
    must've been a ricer with stickers cause there is no turbo v6.

And the V6 Genesis is still slower than the Sti straightline and way slower in the twisties, stock for stock.

Quote Originally Posted by TurnWRX View Post
    More like 14.2-14.3 @ 99-100 mph and this is for the track version.
    I stand corrected. Went back and double checked and you are right. My bad. Just futher proves my point that the STI is in another league compared to the genesis. Then again the STI is more expensive

Why would anyone want to buy a V6 genisis coupe over the Nissan 370z. Thats just dumb.

Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast