(video) 08 wrx vs. 03 mustang GT

This is a discussion on (video) 08 wrx vs. 03 mustang GT within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; my 08 wrx, stage 2 cobb tune 93 oct. perrin crank pulley, perrin topmount, invidia catless dp, k&n drop in. ...

(video) 08 wrx vs. 03 mustang GT

my 08 wrx, stage 2 cobb tune 93 oct. perrin crank pulley, perrin topmount, invidia catless dp, k&n drop in.

This is my buddys 03 mustang GT and im not sure of his mods but i can find out soon. hes got a video of him running a 13.3 on his myspace but i cant see it cuz i dont have a myspace.

ive been driving my car for almost exactly a year, but ive only raced a handful of times and never been to the track, so im open to criticism!
    anyway, heres the vid:
    YouTube - 03 Mustang GT Vs 08 WRX

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Registered User BringDownTheSky's Avatar
    damn v8 top ends!
    what did you launch at?

well it went down so quick, i was following him and when he stopped, i pulled beside him and he just started counting and i was like oh $hit, so i just revved and launched. it was b/t 4-5k i think. i burnt the clutch a little bit

Registered User BringDownTheSky's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ajtoce View Post
    well it went down so quick, i was following him and when he stopped, i pulled beside him and he just started counting and i was like oh $hit, so i just revved and launched. it was b/t 4-5k i think. i burnt the clutch a little bit
    haha yeah, you can tell when the video started you had just stopped. you had a good launch though. mustangs are nasty when you get up around 50+.

Quote Originally Posted by BringDownTheSky View Post
    haha yeah, you can tell when the video started you had just stopped. you had a good launch though. mustangs are nasty when you get up around 50+.
    ive definitely had better launches, i should have hopped out in front of him almost instantly with the wheelspin he had.

now you just need a FMIC, Forged pistons and connecting rods in conjunction with a VF 49 and a pro tune and then challenge him to a rematch hahaa.
    Defi Imperial Boost Guage,Tim Bailey Tuned,Cobb catted DP, Borla CBE, GT Spec 4 point H brace. 18x8.5 Enkei PF01s, Kartboy Engine Pitch Stopper. Whiteline Steering Rack Bushings. Rallitek 25mm FSB, Rallitek 22mm RSB, Rallitek HD endlinks.
    "Can you imagine the eThug power you'll be able to wield as you type messages of death to JDM hating domestic car enthusiasts?"-TiC

Hammerdown Mod of Thunder josnroh's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Nice run.
    Joe/Flyin' Under The Radar
    The Legendary Hammerdown Wagon(sold)
    Bugeye Mafia #337
    2015 Buckeye Boxer WRX Lightning Red

Quote Originally Posted by josnroh View Post
    Nice run.
    thanks man, it was a fun one! its the first race ive had that i didnt win.

Quote Originally Posted by Fly'n Brian View Post
    now you just need a FMIC, Forged pistons and connecting rods in conjunction with a VF 49 and a pro tune and then challenge him to a rematch hahaa.
    really i just need a protune. but maybe ill get a vf52 first...

Your only downfall is the stock turbo. Any turbo upgrade at all would put the race back in your favor.
    John M
    2000 Lincoln Continental - slow DD with the DOHC 4.6 and a Superchips tune
    1992 Lexus SC400 - slow resto project
    2005 Legacy GT Limited - SOLD Feb 2011 - Forged internals, FP HTA Green @ 22 psi.

Quote Originally Posted by John M View Post
    Your only downfall is the stock turbo. Any turbo upgrade at all would put the race back in your favor.
    i know, i had my vf52 on backorder for like 3 months and i finally pulled out. i will get one enventually, i got the supporting mods.