Got left by a Charger R/T - what the? - Page 6
+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

This is a discussion on Got left by a Charger R/T - what the? within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; @John - you're right! You can turn that thing into a sleeper. But owning both a WRX an 300SRT8 I ...

@John - you're right! You can turn that thing into a sleeper. But owning both a WRX an 300SRT8 I think you would be equally impressed with the SRT. I have mine modded to hell. Blower cam, heads, tuned etc on and on. It's a monster. But from 0-60 my new '11 WRX is faster, and at 70 it's faster to 100. I don't know what the WRX can run the 1/4 in. The SRT is a mid 13s car. Mine is a low 12s(SRT)

All of that being said I don't need to insult your intelligence with numbers. The 300 SRT is a great ride! Anyways...
    2011 OBP WRX::Invidia Catless DP::Cobb CAI::TP 93 STG2::KB STS::Perrin Sways::

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I've been destroying people off the line for two decades. My Legacy put down 400+ whp figures while datalogging (similar acceleration figures as the supercharged Caddy CTS-V) and was a blast to drive. While it was a lot of fun, I want more from a car than just 10/10ths performance.

Back when I bought the Legacy it was between it and a 300C; there was no way I could afford the SRT8 new. Now that I took the Legacy as far as I wanted to, it's time to try the same with the 300. I drive a Hemi Ram too and it's been perfect even as it reaches 8 years old.

Note that I was a member here before I ever owned a Subaru; it was this board that helped me decide to try the LGT when it debuted. I had a 12.5-sec Stealth TT so it was a big change going to a family sedan.
    John M
    2000 Lincoln Continental - slow DD with the DOHC 4.6 and a Superchips tune
    1992 Lexus SC400 - slow resto project
    2005 Legacy GT Limited - SOLD Feb 2011 - Forged internals, FP HTA Green @ 22 psi.

im sorry but charger r/t cant compete with an sti or even wrx. I dont understand why you just downshifted or whatever to 5th and tried to out run him. r/t models are nothing. But at least you are safe from racing.
    2011 WRX HATCHBACK SSM

The r/t version is fast enough it could make it an interesting race in a straight line, especially if the subaru driver didn't shift well.
    Scott
    Past Subies - '11 STI Limited stage 1+ and '04 STi stage 2+
    '13 Wrangler Rubicon - custom front bumper w/12k lb winch & off-road lights, skid plates, diff guards, etc.
    '04 Porsche 911 Turbo GT2 clone 600 HP/TQ
    '77 F-150 heavily modded for off-roading

Most definitely. As i said earlier my SRT is pushing 500hp+ and my WRX jumps it light to light. The RT is no slouch either. The RT tuned will hang
    2011 OBP WRX::Invidia Catless DP::Cobb CAI::TP 93 STG2::KB STS::Perrin Sways::

my close friends got a 11 second charger and it took 10k to get it there lol lemme tell you that thing was probably not stock assuming its a few years old cause idk bout brand new but my friends 07 wouldnt have came close when it was stock i mean he got spanked by close to stock wrx s

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.