Got left by a Charger R/T - what the? - Page 6
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

This is a discussion on Got left by a Charger R/T - what the? within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; @John - you're right! You can turn that thing into a sleeper. But owning both a WRX an 300SRT8 I ...

@John - you're right! You can turn that thing into a sleeper. But owning both a WRX an 300SRT8 I think you would be equally impressed with the SRT. I have mine modded to hell. Blower cam, heads, tuned etc on and on. It's a monster. But from 0-60 my new '11 WRX is faster, and at 70 it's faster to 100. I don't know what the WRX can run the 1/4 in. The SRT is a mid 13s car. Mine is a low 12s(SRT)

All of that being said I don't need to insult your intelligence with numbers. The 300 SRT is a great ride! Anyways...
    2011 OBP WRX::Invidia Catless DP::Cobb CAI::TP 93 STG2::KB STS::Perrin Sways::

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I've been destroying people off the line for two decades. My Legacy put down 400+ whp figures while datalogging (similar acceleration figures as the supercharged Caddy CTS-V) and was a blast to drive. While it was a lot of fun, I want more from a car than just 10/10ths performance.

Back when I bought the Legacy it was between it and a 300C; there was no way I could afford the SRT8 new. Now that I took the Legacy as far as I wanted to, it's time to try the same with the 300. I drive a Hemi Ram too and it's been perfect even as it reaches 8 years old.

Note that I was a member here before I ever owned a Subaru; it was this board that helped me decide to try the LGT when it debuted. I had a 12.5-sec Stealth TT so it was a big change going to a family sedan.
    John M
    2000 Lincoln Continental - slow DD with the DOHC 4.6 and a Superchips tune
    1992 Lexus SC400 - slow resto project
    2005 Legacy GT Limited - SOLD Feb 2011 - Forged internals, FP HTA Green @ 22 psi.

im sorry but charger r/t cant compete with an sti or even wrx. I dont understand why you just downshifted or whatever to 5th and tried to out run him. r/t models are nothing. But at least you are safe from racing.
    2011 WRX HATCHBACK SSM

The r/t version is fast enough it could make it an interesting race in a straight line, especially if the subaru driver didn't shift well.
    Scott
    Past Subies - '11 STI Limited stage 1+ and '04 STi stage 2+
    '13 Wrangler Rubicon - custom front bumper w/12k lb winch & off-road lights, skid plates, diff guards, etc.
    '04 Porsche 911 Turbo GT2 clone 600 HP/TQ
    '77 F-150 heavily modded for off-roading

Most definitely. As i said earlier my SRT is pushing 500hp+ and my WRX jumps it light to light. The RT is no slouch either. The RT tuned will hang
    2011 OBP WRX::Invidia Catless DP::Cobb CAI::TP 93 STG2::KB STS::Perrin Sways::

my close friends got a 11 second charger and it took 10k to get it there lol lemme tell you that thing was probably not stock assuming its a few years old cause idk bout brand new but my friends 07 wouldnt have came close when it was stock i mean he got spanked by close to stock wrx s

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456