Got left by a Charger R/T - what the? - Page 4
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

This is a discussion on Got left by a Charger R/T - what the? within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by 04aspensti770 Don't get me wrong man I loved the SS and I'm not knocking Chevy's as I ...

Wrinklechops
    Quote Originally Posted by 04aspensti770 View Post
    Don't get me wrong man I loved the SS and I'm not knocking Chevy's as I have a 70 chevelle ss and a 67 nova II all restored tubbed and fast as hell but I just was disappointed with the TBSS. The zr1 is amazing there is no doubting that and when i did tune the ss when i first got it and they removed the torque management(50% only) the tranny blew and i barely drove that thing hard. It was just a bunch of problems.
    I agree, the TBSS really isn't what it could be. Not really on the same level as say, the Jeep SRT8. What can I say, I'm a Mopar guy. But I recognize excellence when I see it and would die to have a Corvette ZR1 or the new Camaro SS.

Quote Originally Posted by Pavia View Post
    Two different cars, but:

GTO has better straight line power and top-end.

A stock GTO handles better than a stock WRX (pre-07, at least), but can't touch an STI or modded-WRX in the twisties.

The interior is much better in the GTO. Probably one of the best interior of any GM car previous (other than maybe a Caddy).

The Subaru is lot more fun to mod though

Modded GTOs, especially supercharged ones, are very hard to beat in a drag race. A lot of rich boys in their 911s get a big surprise when they get schooled by a G6/Cavalier.lol.

Attachment 86043

Attachment 86044

Attachment 86045

Attachment 86046
    That's amazing. I would have trouble choosing between the two just to go to the store!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Wrinklechops View Post
    That's amazing. I would have trouble choosing between the two just to go to the store!
    Weather dictates my choices

The goat has never seen snow or rain...
    06 GTO M6 Quicksilver, SLP 455 Bobcat, LS7 Clutch w/ SS line (RPM tune:373rwhp/373rwtq)
    07 WRX TR M5 Garnet Red Pearl w/ Straight PPGs and Cusco front LSD (Agile tune:307whp/343wtq)

Weather dictates my choices

The goat has never seen snow or rain...
    You'd never catch traction! I can barely catch any traction in my 350...But man I love to hear those GTO's rumble. They can be the loudest thing on the road.
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens donít wear hats" -Ying

Quote Originally Posted by Mikie13 View Post
    You'd never catch traction! I can barely catch any traction in my 350...But man I love to hear those GTO's rumble. They can be the loudest thing on the road.
    It really should have had some sort of electronic stability control (like the Vettes) for safety sake.

I run RE-01r's all year, so I don't even try it if the temps are below 45. I don't know what these bridgestones would do in snow, but I'm imagining zero traction?
    06 GTO M6 Quicksilver, SLP 455 Bobcat, LS7 Clutch w/ SS line (RPM tune:373rwhp/373rwtq)
    07 WRX TR M5 Garnet Red Pearl w/ Straight PPGs and Cusco front LSD (Agile tune:307whp/343wtq)

It really should have had some sort of electronic stability control (like the Vettes) for safety sake.

I run RE-01r's all year, so I don't even try it if the temps are below 45. I don't know what these bridgestones would do in snow, but I'm imagining zero traction?
    Well I left the stock STI RE-070s on for a couple winters...they are summer only and I actually had no problems. But its obviously a different story with an AWD car compared to a RWD horsepower monster
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens donít wear hats" -Ying

Well I left the stock STI RE-070s on for a couple winters...they are summer only and I actually had no problems. But its obviously a different story with an AWD car compared to a RWD horsepower monster
    I think AWD would be worse if you lose traction...

Wrinklechops
    I think AWD would be worse if you lose traction...
    So the GTO has absolutely no traction control system whatsoever?

How about mods, I'm just curious... you said the WRX was more fun to mod.... Is there not much of an aftermarket for the GTO? I'm sure you could get sway bars, springs, etc right? And I know as far as EM goes, there's the favorite "HPtuners" thing that the GM guys use.

So the GTO has absolutely no traction control system whatsoever?

How about mods, I'm just curious... you said the WRX was more fun to mod.... Is there not much of an aftermarket for the GTO? I'm sure you could get sway bars, springs, etc right? And I know as far as EM goes, there's the favorite "HPtuners" thing that the GM guys use.
    Oh my lord, there are tons of mods for the GTO...

Pedders turn it into a tight track car for instance.

I have traction control, but nothing that adjusts at each wheel like a vette..

Wrinklechops
    Oh my lord, there are tons of mods for the GTO...

Pedders turn it into a tight track car for instance.

I have traction control, but nothing that adjusts at each wheel like a vette..
    Yea, you should see what Micah has to say about his Vette. Says it's amazing.

Yea, you should see what Micah has to say about his Vette. Says it's amazing.
    I honestly wouldn't mind getting into a Vette...I just love sports cars period...and an 01-02 C5 is attainable now rather easily for a decent price.

Wrinklechops
    I honestly wouldn't mind getting into a Vette...I just love sports cars period...and an 01-02 C5 is attainable now rather easily for a decent price.
    Yea for sure. Heck, you can even go get a brand new Camaro SS with 426hp for $30,875 or something. Talk about bang for your buck. That would be a fun summer car!

There are deals all over on the vette front right now..c5zs in the upper 20s 08 ls3 c6 in the low 30s and 05 z0s in the low 40s... I watched a blown ls3 c6 go for 36k I think it was just a few mos ago.

Yea for sure. Heck, you can even go get a brand new Camaro SS with 426hp for $30,875 or something. Talk about bang for your buck. That would be a fun summer car!

As much as that blows to lose to a charger I think you can still go home happy knowing you didnt spend your money on a worthless car that cant go anywhere fast except forward and back. And even then its not that fast.....its mildly quick.

Did i mention that its a heavy behemouth?

Wrinklechops
    Quote Originally Posted by MrClean View Post
    As much as that blows to lose to a charger I think you can still go home happy knowing you didnt spend your money on a worthless car that cant go anywhere fast except forward and back. And even then its not that fast.....its mildly quick.

Unless it's this Charger:

I got absolutely MURDERED today by a Chrysler 300 SRT8 which is pretty much the exact same thing. Granted, he had about 200hp on me lol

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by MrClean View Post

Oh my.
    0-60 faster then your first sexual experience.
    "You've come far, and though you're far from the end
    You don't mind where you are, cause you know where you've been"

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast