Got left by a Charger R/T - what the? - Page 3
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

This is a discussion on Got left by a Charger R/T - what the? within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by Mikie13 I've always secretly loved the SRT-8 Charger...I'd never want one simply because they only come in ...

Quote Originally Posted by Mikie13 View Post
    I've always secretly loved the SRT-8 Charger...I'd never want one simply because they only come in Auto

Now a Caddy CTS-V on the other hand? Give me that Corvette ZO6 Driveline
    Hell yeah cts-v's are sick. There are a few around here in atlanta that go to a place called vengeance racing that are rediculous. The z06 driveline sucks, atleast in the trailblazer ss. Thats why i traded it for my sti :-D

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by mikie13 View Post

now a caddy cts-v on the other hand? Give me that corvette zo6 driveline

^^^^ +1
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #898Military Milita #898

AP stage 2 93 oct. maddad DP. SPT short ram intake,SPT intake heat shield,HKS carbon fiber catback,boost,MAF,volt gauges,STI springs, pioneer flip screen headunit, polk audio speakers, vortex generator,STI wing,rally armor UR flaps

Quote Originally Posted by 04aspensti770 View Post
    Hell yeah cts-v's are sick. There are a few around here in atlanta that go to a place called vengeance racing that are rediculous. The z06 driveline sucks, atleast in the trailblazer ss. Thats why i traded it for my sti :-D
    Yeah think about it, its a Trailblazer hahaha...but it doesn't have a Z06 Tranny though (TB SS's are auto right?)

I ran a couple Trailblazers SS's on the strip...I won but they pulled 13.6s and 13.7s all day trapping around 107mph+. They are no slouch
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens donít wear hats" -Ying

Wrinklechops
    Yeah think about it, its a Trailblazer hahaha...but it doesn't have a Z06 Tranny though (TB SS's are auto right?)

I ran a couple Trailblazers SS's on the strip...I won but they pulled 13.6s and 13.7s all day trapping around 107mph+. They are no slouch
    Yea, I secretly like the SRT8 series of stuff... but my personal favorite is the Jeep SRT8. It puts up better numbers than the Charger or Challenger. I think that's hilarious!

Give me a Corvette ZR1 though, and kiss goodbye to just about everyone on the road! And boy, I do love that CTS-V too...550hp nowadays?

they must have had work done because they arent very fast stock. usually around 14 seconds at around 100mph

I want to pick up a new SRT8 Challenger and take it for a joy-ride. Just for a day.
    -Stink-Eye Mob #999-

2008 WRB WRX, Rally Armor Mud-flaps, ERZ Catless 3" exhaust, Tsudo DP, COBB AP (Stage 2)

Wrinklechops
    Quote Originally Posted by turbotwist View Post
    they must have had work done because they arent very fast stock. usually around 14 seconds at around 100mph
    The Trailblazer SS? The difference between the 4WD models and the 2WD RWD models might be that 1 second difference you're seeing or hearing about at the track. I think the 4WD models would hook and take off better, but the RWD might post better times due to the lack of drivetrain loss.

I would much rather have a Jeep SRT8 though, if I wanted an SUV to smoke cars.

Quote Originally Posted by catsfan222 View Post
    I want to pick up a new SRT8 Challenger and take it for a joy-ride. Just for a day.
    Me too

Yeah its automatic and since chevy blows so much ass, they decided to put torque management on it that pulls timing out at full throttle so it doesnt strain the motor. Would have made more sense to put a stronger tranny in it instead of robbing it of 40 hp. The 14 second ss's you saw were a fluke man mine ran 13.8 stock and with a k&n cai and magnaflow exhaust it ran 13.5. Guess thats what i get for getting rid of a mustang and lightning and going to chevy huh?

Wrinklechops
    Quote Originally Posted by 04aspensti770 View Post
    Yeah its automatic and since chevy blows so much ass, they decided to put torque management on it that pulls timing out at full throttle so it doesnt strain the motor. Would have made more sense to put a stronger tranny in it instead of robbing it of 40 hp. The 14 second ss's you saw were a fluke man mine ran 13.8 stock and with a k&n cai and magnaflow exhaust it ran 13.5. Guess thats what i get for getting rid of a mustang and lightning and going to chevy huh?
    Here is Chevy blowing:

Literally blowing. Blown = supercharged Corvette. Have fun trying to catch that thing with anything in it's price range.

Torque management isn't something that was meant to help not strain the engine. It was made to help not strain the drivetrain/tranny. I have it on my Jeep 5.9. It's the first thing any tuner gets rid of. They do a "torque management delete" immediately, then go to work on the tuning. I have that on my SCT custom tuner on my Jeep. Very effective.

Not sure if I believe it, but here's the "fastest TB SS stock" at 13.3:

YouTube - FASTEST BONE STOCK TRAILBLAZER SS 13.3@103.9 WWW.TBSSOWNERS.COM

I would much rather have a Jeep SRT8 though. I think they would smoke Trailblazer SSs all day long.

So my LS2, LS6 head, cammed, LT header, 6spd Tremec, GTO... no fear... end of story.
    06 GTO M6 Quicksilver, SLP 455 Bobcat, LS7 Clutch w/ SS line (RPM tune:373rwhp/373rwtq)
    07 WRX TR M5 Garnet Red Pearl w/ Straight PPGs and Cusco front LSD (Agile tune:307whp/343wtq)

Wrinklechops
    Quote Originally Posted by Pavia View Post
    So my LS2, LS6 head, cammed, LT header, 6spd Tremec, GTO... no fear... end of story.
    I've been meaning to ask you how you like the GTO? And I know they're totally different cars, but how does your Subaru and the Pontiac stack up against each other in your opinion?

Quote Originally Posted by Wrinklechops View Post
    I've been meaning to ask you how you like the GTO? And I know they're totally different cars, but how does your Subaru and the Pontiac stack up against each other in your opinion?
    Yeah I'd like to see pics of that GTO, Pavia...sounds pretty damn sick to me. That has to be putting some serious power to the wheels with Cams and exhaust done.

But damn...I would love to just have an hour with a ZR1. I bet it would need a new set of tires and pads by the time I'm done
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens donít wear hats" -Ying

Wrinklechops
    But damn...I would love to just have an hour with a ZR1. I bet it would need a new set of tires and pads by the time I'm done
    Haha me too. Have you seen the Hennessey ZR1? Holy carp!

YouTube - John Heinricy Tests the Hennessey ZR1 - Part 1

Corvette ZR1 Hennessey ZR700

I'll be putting cams and headers/full exhaust on my Jeep 5.9 here soon. I can't wait. I'm also looking into a little forced induction... it's going to be a torque monster.

Quote Originally Posted by Wrinklechops View Post
    Here is Chevy blowing:

Literally blowing. Blown = supercharged Corvette. Have fun trying to catch that thing with anything in it's price range.

Torque management isn't something that was meant to help not strain the engine. It was made to help not strain the drivetrain/tranny. I have it on my Jeep 5.9. It's the first thing any tuner gets rid of. They do a "torque management delete" immediately, then go to work on the tuning. I have that on my SCT custom tuner on my Jeep. Very effective.

Not sure if I believe it, but here's the "fastest TB SS stock" at 13.3:

YouTube - FASTEST BONE STOCK TRAILBLAZER SS 13.3@103.9 WWW.TBSSOWNERS.COM

I would much rather have a Jeep SRT8 though. I think they would smoke Trailblazer SSs all day long.
    Don't get me wrong man I loved the SS and I'm not knocking Chevy's as I have a 70 chevelle ss and a 67 nova II all restored tubbed and fast as hell but I just was disappointed with the TBSS. The zr1 is amazing there is no doubting that and when i did tune the ss when i first got it and they removed the torque management(50% only) the tranny blew and i barely drove that thing hard. It was just a bunch of problems.
    2001 Lightning- 12.40 SOLD
    2005 Mustang GT 13.50 SOLD
    2007 Trailblazer SS SOLD
    2004 Aspen STI- d/p, turbo back

Two different cars, but:

GTO has better straight line power and top-end.

A stock GTO handles better than a stock WRX (pre-07, at least), but can't touch an STI or modded-WRX in the twisties.

The interior is much better in the GTO. Probably one of the best interior of any GM car previous (other than maybe a Caddy).

The Subaru is lot more fun to mod though

Modded GTOs, especially supercharged ones, are very hard to beat in a drag race. A lot of rich boys in their 911s get a big surprise when they get schooled by a G6/Cavalier.lol.

Attachment 86043

Attachment 86044

Attachment 86045

Attachment 86046
    Last edited by Pavia; 03-16-2010 at 11:13 AM.
    06 GTO M6 Quicksilver, SLP 455 Bobcat, LS7 Clutch w/ SS line (RPM tune:373rwhp/373rwtq)
    07 WRX TR M5 Garnet Red Pearl w/ Straight PPGs and Cusco front LSD (Agile tune:307whp/343wtq)

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast