Seriously... He wants to race? - Page 8
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

This is a discussion on Seriously... He wants to race? within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX Nice find!...

Admiral Ackbar the 1st mycologist's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post

Nice find!
    "From a little spark may burst a mighty flame." - Dante
    "The stitch is lost unless the thread is knotted." - Italian proverb

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Wrinklechops View Post
    Trust me, I'm all about Subaru guys "sticking together". I'm just not all about getting treated like a crap bag who doesn't know a darn thing about a WRX or STi. Who said anything bad about a MBC? It was a Hallman, and I know those are quality. Most of the tuners around here recommend them in fact. I have a Grimmspeed EBCS and I respect both. What the heck? You lost me.
    A MBC used to be one of those things that newer members would get ridiculed for having by other slightly less new members, as in these threads:

mbc not workin

need help with MBC

MBC question from noob

my criticism is that you feel slighted that this STi owner treated you as if you knew nothing about Subarus, yet you have never heard of a dog-bone or a dog-mount, which is a common term. I think you are being hypocritical and it comes across a looking a bit snobby.
    Last edited by ElBartoRex; 09-10-2009 at 11:41 AM.
    Current: 05 Mini Cooper S R53
    Former: 06 Acura RSX Type-S
    Former: 00 Integra GSR
    Former: 07 Mazdaspeed3
    Former: 04 WRX Stage 2+
    www.jscspeed.com

Wrinklechops
    Quote Originally Posted by ElBartoRex View Post
    A MBC used to be one of those things that newer members would get ridiculed for having by other slightly less new members, as in these threads:

mbc not workin

need help with MBC

MBC question from noob

my criticism is that you feel slighted that this STi owner treated you as if you knew nothing about Subarus, yet you have never heard of a dog-bone or a dog-mount, which is a common term. I think you are being hypocritical and it comes across a looking a bit snobby.
    And yet, I'll say it again: I have never heard it called a dog-mount or dog-bone. If it's such a popular name, why are ALL the freaking companies and websites who sell them calling them PITCH MOUNTS? JSCspeed, Import Image, OAKOS, FastWRX, Flatirons Tuning, etc.

Did you even read what I said about how he came off to me about it? I would have probably respected him if he didn't act the way he did. Go up a post or two and read it.

I Support ClubWRX
    And yet, I'll say it again: I have never heard it called a dog-mount or dog-bone. If it's such a popular name, why are ALL the freaking companies and websites who sell them calling them PITCH MOUNTS? JSCspeed, Import Image, OAKOS, FastWRX, Flatirons Tuning, etc.

Did you even read what I said about how he came off to me about it? I would have probably respected him if he didn't act the way he did. Go up a post or two and read it.
    I read it. It said:

Its just a nickname used across multiple platforms. You assume that because you have never heard of it before, he must be wrong. Instead of learning something new, you chalk it up to him insulting your car knowledge.
    Last edited by ElBartoRex; 09-10-2009 at 12:13 PM.
    www.jscspeed.com

Its just a nickname used across multiple platforms. You assume that because you have never heard of it before, he must be wrong. Instead of learning something new, you chalk it up to him insulting your car knowledge.
    And you assume that he assumes...
    <------------ Pure unfiltered joy... 04 wrx stage III ** The Blobeye Syndicate **... #39----------------------------------->

Wrinklechops
    No, I didn't assume that because I had never heard the term that he was wrong. I just didn't like being condescended by him. I'll post what he said AGAIN for you:

Him: "do you have a dog mount in your car yet?"
    Me: "a dog mount what?" - I thought he was referring to a dogbox transmission
    Him: "well that answers my question HAHA let me show you since you don't know come here"
    Me: "OK....."
    Him: "This thing that is under your intercooler blah blah blah"
    Me: "Oh, the pitch stop mount! Yea, I know what that is. I've never heard it called a dog mount before though"
    Him: "Yea I work at Advanced Auto Parts I know what I'm talking about and I have 3 race cars in my garage. My Honda Civic and Accord will run 10 seconds in the 1/4"

The guy wasn't exactly nice about it. I'm telling you, this guy was a tool! But you know what, I admit I now know what a "dog mount" is.

Wow, what a total loser! You should have just pulled out a gun and ended it right there!

He treated you like you don't know anything about Subarus and you come on here doing the same thing to him behind his back, classy! Don't forget to make fun of his MBC too!

I remember when Subaru guys used to stick together...
    shouldnt matter what lind of mods are on the guys car even if it will supposedly hurt the car or not. Us as subaru owners and lovers should stick together no matter what. y hate on each others cars save it for a honda or caviessssss.
    Blobeye Syndicate #004

Well, he goes on to show me it's the PITCH STOP mount JEBUS man this guy didn't know anything. I have NEVER heard it called a "dog mount".
    this sounds like an assumption to me....
    www.jscspeed.com

Wrinklechops
    Quote Originally Posted by jcfuzzdog29 View Post
    shouldnt matter what lind of mods are on the guys car even if it will supposedly hurt the car or not. Us as subaru owners and lovers should stick together no matter what. y hate on each others cars save it for a honda or caviessssss.
    FEI, he was tuned on E85 with the MBC. I in no way whatsoever insulted his choice of mods. He had a great setup. His Hallman MBC, big injectors, E85, etc, all got him over 400lbs torque easily. The car was awesome itself. I'm sure he knows what he's doing, or at least surrounds himself with people who do.

Wrinklechops
    Again, no comment whatsoever on his condescending attitude towards me. Weird.

ok yeah. we all assume everything.
    Last edited by The_Buck; 09-10-2009 at 12:23 PM.
    <------------ Pure unfiltered joy... 04 wrx stage III ** The Blobeye Syndicate **... #39----------------------------------->

I Support ClubWRX
    My dogbone is condescending to everything it encounters.

You guys are cracking me up.

Wrinklechops
    Quote Originally Posted by mycologist View Post
    My dogbone is condescending to everything it encounters.

You guys are cracking me up.
    Glad we could be amusing Jon

Again, no comment whatsoever on his condescending attitude towards me. Weird.
    if he came on here bashing you, I would comment on his attitude too...
    www.jscspeed.com