Seriously... He wants to race? - Page 7
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

This is a discussion on Seriously... He wants to race? within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by Wrinklechops Isn't it funny that to muscle car guys, we're all the same to them? I mean, ...

Quote Originally Posted by Wrinklechops View Post
    Isn't it funny that to muscle car guys, we're all the same to them? I mean, they don't care if it's a Subaru, a Honda, Nissan, or a Mitsubishi - to them it's all "rice". It doesn't matter if it's a crap Civic, a nice STi or Evo, or a DSM. Yet, I find within the "rice" crowds, we tend to all sort of frown upon the Civic guys. I can't tell you how many DSM or STi guys I know who absolutely cannot stand Honda (neither can I). I just find it funny.
    cause they think their cars are fast, but they're not and they sound like ****, but they think they sound great

also hondas always try to race each other

i think civics (older ones) will never escape the rice title...its engraved on them

i saw a wrx yesterday on my street while i was driving, and he had to be a ricer and do his little blow off valve as i passed him

wrx/sti with 100% atmospheric bov= rice unless it's highly modified. to me this shows a lack of knowledge towards the car
    Bugeye Mafia #213
    Kevin
    2002 Midnight Black Pearl WRX (Traded In!)

2012 Ice Silver Metallic STi Sedan

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

in my WRX - a 2008 STI with the temptag in the rear window

in my Z06 - a BMW 645i with like 22" rims
    Torch Red 2002 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 46k mi.
    Black 2002 Subaru Impreza WRX 6-speed 94k mi. my mod list
    10/08/2006 - 14.089@103.01 (5-speed with well worn clutch, no launch)
    "Six stars gleaming, five speeds breaking, four tires chirping, three differentials working, two liters screaming, one turbo boosting... it's what makes a Subaru all-wheel-drive, all we'll drive."
    for Bugeye owners my BOV thread Service Manuals

Wrinklechops
    Quote Originally Posted by wrx0131 View Post

wrx/sti with 100% atmospheric bov= rice unless it's highly modified. to me this shows a lack of knowledge towards the car
    Yea, you're right. That reminds me of a guy I met today who had a nice looking 06/07 STi, all kinds of tuned. TurboXS tmic, bigger injectors, MBC, tuned on E85, you name it. Showed me his dyno sheet and gauges and blah blah blah. Then I saw his 100% VTA HKS SSQV BOV. I bet he spent a pretty penny on that. The funniest part though.... man.... try not to laugh. I couldn't keep from laughing hysterically when he asked....

He wanted to sell me his old STi TMIC. OK, I was interested, so I entertained the idea with him.

Then he asks if I want the "STi BOV" too and if so he'll throw it in for free.
    Alright maybe it's just me I just think that's freaking hilarious. It's the SAME THING AS MY BPV!!!!! There is no upgrade or difference that I'm aware of Oh geez I just thought it was funny.

He treated me like I didn't know anything about Subarus. He asked me if I had a "dog mount" - WTF is that? Well, he goes on to show me it's the PITCH STOP mount JEBUS man this guy didn't know anything. I have NEVER heard it called a "dog mount".

Admiral Ackbar the 1st mycologist's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Buck View Post
    good story. i dont think i could be that persistent with such a car. i would also like to note that this is the reason i do not care for hondas. so for everyone in that argument thats why. i dont see why people would put so many other people in danger like that just to show off there car
    It is not the car's fault that this particular tool bought it. I would comment on his age as being a more likely cause but that is a whole 'nother can of worms.
    "From a little spark may burst a mighty flame." - Dante
    "The stitch is lost unless the thread is knotted." - Italian proverb

Isn't it funny that to muscle car guys, we're all the same to them? I mean, they don't care if it's a Subaru, a Honda, Nissan, or a Mitsubishi - to them it's all "rice". It doesn't matter if it's a crap Civic, a nice STi or Evo, or a DSM. Yet, I find within the "rice" crowds, we tend to all sort of frown upon the Civic guys. I can't tell you how many DSM or STi guys I know who absolutely cannot stand Honda (neither can I). I just find it funny.
    thats a good point, and its totally true. i mean as far as it not being the cars fault, thats like saying terrorists are alright its just that particular religion that makes them do things. even a respectable normal person driving in a civic i just have negative thoughts towards right off the bat, not that there a bad person i just think oh man here we go...
    <------------ Pure unfiltered joy... 04 wrx stage III ** The Blobeye Syndicate **... #39----------------------------------->

Yea, you're right. That reminds me of a guy I met today who had a nice looking 06/07 STi, all kinds of tuned. TurboXS tmic, bigger injectors, MBC, tuned on E85, you name it. Showed me his dyno sheet and gauges and blah blah blah. Then I saw his 100% VTA HKS SSQV BOV. I bet he spent a pretty penny on that. The funniest part though.... man.... try not to laugh. I couldn't keep from laughing hysterically when he asked....

He wanted to sell me his old STi TMIC. OK, I was interested, so I entertained the idea with him.

Alright maybe it's just me I just think that's freaking hilarious. It's the SAME THING AS MY BPV!!!!! There is no upgrade or difference that I'm aware of Oh geez I just thought it was funny.

He treated me like I didn't know anything about Subarus. He asked me if I had a "dog mount" - WTF is that? Well, he goes on to show me it's the PITCH STOP mount JEBUS man this guy didn't know anything. I have NEVER heard it called a "dog mount".
    Wow, what a total loser! You should have just pulled out a gun and ended it right there!

He treated you like you don't know anything about Subarus and you come on here doing the same thing to him behind his back, classy! Don't forget to make fun of his MBC too!

I remember when Subaru guys used to stick together...
    Current: 05 Mini Cooper S R53
    Former: 06 Acura RSX Type-S
    Former: 00 Integra GSR
    Former: 07 Mazdaspeed3
    Former: 04 WRX Stage 2+
    www.jscspeed.com

that person is completely pathetic, and he even called it a BOV? haha what a moron.
    <------------ Pure unfiltered joy... 04 wrx stage III ** The Blobeye Syndicate **... #39----------------------------------->

I Support ClubWRX

Umm...many people refer to the bypass valve as a BOV. Technically it is. It simply blows off into the intake instead of the atmosphere. It's often been rumored that the STi bypass valve will hold a pound or two more boost than the regular WRX bypass before leaking. I remember back in 04-05 it was discovered they even had different part numbers. And the pitch mount is a "dog bone" or "dog mount". Shouldn't he be making fun of you because you didn't know that? Drop the elitist attitude guys, you don't know anywhere near as much as you think.
    Last edited by Trainrex; 09-10-2009 at 06:16 AM.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by mycologist View Post
    It is not the car's fault that this particular tool bought it. I would comment on his age as being a more likely cause but that is a whole 'nother can of worms.
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post
    haha alright thats pretty sweet.
    Last edited by The_Buck; 09-10-2009 at 08:17 AM.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Trainrex
    Umm...many people refer to the bypass valve as a BOV. Technically it is. It simply blows off into the intake instead of the atmosphere. It's often been rumored that the STi bypass valve will hold a pound or two more boost than the regular WRX bypass before leaking. I remember back in 04-05 it was discovered they even had different part numbers. And the pitch mount is a "dog bone" or "dog mount". Shouldn't he be making fun of you because you didn't know that? Drop the elitist attitude guys, you don't know anywhere near as much as you think.
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning, LLC

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

Quote Originally Posted by Trainrex View Post
    alright maybe that guys a total stud.

Quote Originally Posted by ElBartoRex View Post
    Don't forget to make fun of his MBC too!
    hey i have a MBC too
    Bugeye Mafia #213
    Kevin
    2002 Midnight Black Pearl WRX (Traded In!)

2012 Ice Silver Metallic STi Sedan

Wrinklechops
    Quote Originally Posted by ElBartoRex View Post
    Wow, what a total loser! You should have just pulled out a gun and ended it right there!

He treated you like you don't know anything about Subarus and you come on here doing the same thing to him behind his back, classy! Don't forget to make fun of his MBC too!

I remember when Subaru guys used to stick together...
    Trust me, I'm all about Subaru guys "sticking together". I'm just not all about getting treated like a crap bag who doesn't know a darn thing about a WRX or STi. Who said anything bad about a MBC? It was a Hallman, and I know those are quality. Most of the tuners around here recommend them in fact. I have a Grimmspeed EBCS and I respect both. What the heck? You lost me.

Quote Originally Posted by Trainrex View Post
    Yes I know many people refer to the BPV as a BOV. Heck, Audi/VW guys call it a "Diverter Valve". A true Subaru nut would know it by it's BPV name though, that's all I was saying. I understand it's function and had no idea the STi one was any more capable than the WRX one. I figured they were identical really. If they have different part numbers, what separates them? Stronger spring in the STi one perhaps? I can't imagine it would be that much stronger?

And about the "dog mount", I have never heard it called that. Every single website that sells them calls them Pitch Mounts or Torque Dampers.

FAQ: Choosing a Torque Damper / Pitch Mount

So forgive me for not being immediately familiar with what he called it. The guy was kind of an a**, so I don't feel bad "trash talking him". Here's how it went:

Him: "do you have a dog mount in your car yet?"
    Me: "a dog mount what?" - I thought he was referring to a dogbox transmission
    Him: "well that answers my question HAHA let me show you since you don't know come here"
    Me: "OK....."
    Him: "This thing that is under your intercooler blah blah blah"
    Me: "Oh, the pitch stop mount! Yea, I know what that is. I've never heard it called a dog mount before though"
    Him: "Yea I work at Advanced Auto Parts I know what I'm talking about and I have 3 race cars in my garage. My Honda Civic and Accord will run 10 seconds in the 1/4"

Alright, there you have it. The guy was a tool. He was in no way, shape, or form the normal friendly Subaru guy we are all used to.
    Last edited by Wrinklechops; 09-10-2009 at 11:02 AM.

Him: "Yea I work at Advanced Auto Parts I know what I'm talking about and I have 3 race cars in my garage. My Honda Civic and Accord will run 10 seconds in the 1/4"

Alright, there you have it. The guy was a tool..
    theres ur problem, an arrogant Honda driver. he was posing as a Suby guy. good catch.