Seriously... He wants to race? - Page 4
Closed Thread
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 135

This is a discussion on Seriously... He wants to race? within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Mazda 3 sedan with fart can and a honda prelude with a body kit. Why did fast and the furious ...

  1. #46
    Registered User wrxwagon2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    allentown,pennsylvania
    Posts
    226
    Mazda 3 sedan with fart can and a honda prelude with a body kit. Why did fast and the furious have to come out?
    2004 WRX (currently driving)
    2000 Audi S4 APR tuned (sold)
    2002 WRX wagon ( sold )
    1988 Thunderbird Turbocoupe
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

  2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements
     

  3. #47
    Registered User wtfh4xx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Redding, CA
    Posts
    132
    Noone... They see my car and move into the slow lane or take the next exit...
    Current Ride:'04 JBP WRX Stage 2!

    Previous Ride: 96' Civic EJ8 - Sold
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

  4. #48
    Registered User The_Buck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    MN
    Posts
    1,261
    a few weeks ago i actually had a new gen mustang gt fly up behind me. i was driving 5mph below the speed limit and slowly accelerating onto the highway as he pulls up next to me, i look over it was a 50 year old man or so with his wife, i was quite surprised by his spirited driving. he kept pulling ahead and waiting for me to punch it. my car was not in good running order at the time and needed a tune badly, so i kindly declined. as he sped off i was kind of happy i did cuz whatever he had done to that thing would have probably beaten me, but that guy looked like he earned it so congrats to him.
    <------------ Pure unfiltered joy... 04 wrx stage III ** The Blobeye Syndicate **... #39----------------------------------->
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

  5. #49
    Registered User wtfh4xx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Redding, CA
    Posts
    132
    A silver RSX-S that was dirty as **** and almost hit my rear end.
    He flew out of a corner onto my ride, almost clipped my bumper as he attempted to pass, and then I paced him for the 3 stoplights to the freeway entrance. But instead of being satisfied with attempting to make a pull with me, he decides to endanger even more peopel by trying to be in the F&F and cutting through a T section three lanes to the right, into a lane that turns into a hospital, to floor it and then cut off another 3 lanes trying to be get away onto the entrance.

    I was like WTF... and looked at my buddies in the car and they were like what teh **** was that.

    In other news, jsut getting out of the parking lot of the movies I tailed this Acura TL that did a fly by me to a freeway on ramp. He went slow onto the straight away and then punched it, So shifted into third and did a pull, came out of it eating 4 car lengths (at first I wasnt sure if he was goign to try and pull or if he was just accelerating normally) and putting 3 between us within 40 ft of exiting the ramp. He then took the next off ramp lol.
    Current Ride:'04 JBP WRX Stage 2!

    Previous Ride: 96' Civic EJ8 - Sold
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

  6. #50
    Registered User The_Buck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    MN
    Posts
    1,261
    Quote Originally Posted by wtfh4xx View Post
    A silver RSX-S that was dirty as **** and almost hit my rear end.
    He flew out of a corner onto my ride, almost clipped my bumper as he attempted to pass, and then I paced him for the 3 stoplights to the freeway entrance. But instead of being satisfied with attempting to make a pull with me, he decides to endanger even more peopel by trying to be in the F&F and cutting through a T section three lanes to the right, into a lane that turns into a hospital, to floor it and then cut off another 3 lanes trying to be get away onto the entrance.
    my good friend has an rsx-s, those are alright cars actually with correct mods. i wouldnt be surprised if he wanted to race.
    <------------ Pure unfiltered joy... 04 wrx stage III ** The Blobeye Syndicate **... #39----------------------------------->
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

  7. #51
    Registered User Decon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    861
    I have only really been tryed 3 times since I got my wrx. A guy in my battlion had a 06 sti but he was mostly joking because he knew i was stock. an 04 str-4 that at the time i had a bad clutch so i didnt wanna try. and then a 00 si supercharged build for track racing that stuck right with me on 2 pulls when i was stock.(worse part was this guy was a cop)
    But I havent gotten any ricers wanna try me yet. But ill punch it for time to time to show what I got but ill barly ever do it meaning to race.
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

  8. #52
    Registered User 03subiedude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    somewhere in the nowhere of somethings mind eye of a nothing
    Posts
    157
    yesterday on my way to the autozone to pick up some tools and heatwrap i had a corolla s start revving onn me then took off i was amazed at that
    "if you want peace, prepare for war", latin proverb and common sense
    "Why do penguins take smoke breaks?"
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

  9. #53
    Boba Fett BrianH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Way up high.
    Posts
    17,938
    Sure it wasn't an 08?
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

  10. #54
    Registered User elwray's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Central NJ
    Posts
    997
    Quote Originally Posted by BrianH View Post
    Sure it wasn't an 08?
    WOKKA WOKKA WOKKA!!!





    2009 WRX Hatch PP Dark Gray Metallic
    Torqued Performance Stage 1
    Cobb CBE
    Kenwood DNX5120
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

  11. #55
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Northern VA
    Posts
    8
    Quote Originally Posted by elwray View Post
    Sorry I was bored

    The "race" did happen though!

    I just got my WRX back and I'm so happy to get rid of that Ford. In all fairness to the Focus though, I really do miss being able to spin tires. Even if the engine sounds like a sewing machine being sent through a snow blower while I'm doing it
    Haha! hey man! i just traded in my Focus! It's a great non-economical car! I had the SVT version tho and i was procharged... 280whp in the little 2700lb car with a torsen LSD.. wasn't bad... even without the supercharger and stock it does better than the m3 in the slalom.

    anyways, love the WRX. Although, i wonder how many stories there are of a WRX trying to race an m3/s4/lambo/ferrari/gtr etc any higher expensive sports car and being turned down?
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

  12. #56
    Registered User The_Buck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    MN
    Posts
    1,261
    Quote Originally Posted by jstrunk View Post
    Although, i wonder how many stories there are of a WRX trying to race an m3/s4/lambo/ferrari/gtr etc any higher expensive sports car and being turned down?
    i think a well modded wrx or sti could take an m3. a well modded sti could take a lambo on a track imo, not any lambo tho. but yeah haha i can just see them making fun of all the subys and evos out there. a gt-r pulled up behind be and was revving like crazy. it was at night and i thought it was some kid in an eclipse or some thing, so i slowed way down for him to pass and it was a gt-r, i love gt-r's so i freaked out and tried to speed up to get a look at it, he took it as a race and blew my doors off. those are amazing cars.
    <------------ Pure unfiltered joy... 04 wrx stage III ** The Blobeye Syndicate **... #39----------------------------------->
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

  13. #57
    Registered User wrx0131's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Yonkers, NY
    Posts
    1,385
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Buck View Post
    i think a well modded wrx or sti could take an m3. a well modded sti could take a lambo on a track imo, not any lambo tho. but yeah haha i can just see them making fun of all the subys and evos out there. a gt-r pulled up behind be and was revving like crazy. it was at night and i thought it was some kid in an eclipse or some thing, so i slowed way down for him to pass and it was a gt-r, i love gt-r's so i freaked out and tried to speed up to get a look at it, he took it as a race and blew my doors off. those are amazing cars.
    the m3 and sti are very close in terms of overall performance

    the m3 is a very good handling car, but a stage 2 sti will take it easily

    A modded m3 is a different story

    A lamborghini is on a completely different league than any of the cars he listed. You're talking about a car capable of 200mph+ (murcielago) with the most expensive parts possible
    Bugeye Mafia #213
    Kevin
    2002 Midnight Black Pearl WRX (Traded In!)

    2012 Ice Silver Metallic STi Sedan
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

  14. #58
    Registered User The_Buck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    MN
    Posts
    1,261
    Quote Originally Posted by wrx0131 View Post
    the m3 and sti are very close in terms of overall performance

    the m3 is a very good handling car, but a stage 2 sti will take it easily

    A modded m3 is a different story

    A lamborghini is on a completely different league than any of the cars he listed. You're talking about a car capable of 200mph+ (murcielago) with the most expensive parts possible
    m3, yeah thats basically what i was thinking. lambo yeah of course a murc would because thats one of their best production cars. but like gallardo is what i was talking about, yeah its a phenomenal car i kno, but a stage 3 sti in a track, just saying an sti like that would put up a fight. im talking about them laughing at it, not just beating it. besides 200+mph doesnt mean a thing to me if your taking a bunch of turns. go ahead and disagree
    <------------ Pure unfiltered joy... 04 wrx stage III ** The Blobeye Syndicate **... #39----------------------------------->
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

  15. #59
    Administrator RayfieldsWRX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    The Old Folks Home
    Posts
    47,044
    I Support ClubWRX
    I doubt most Gallardo owners will care if a highly modded STI can beat them on a road course.
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

  16. #60
    Registered User The_Buck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    MN
    Posts
    1,261
    Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post
    I doubt most Gallardo owners will care if a highly modded STI can beat them on a road course.
    alright then point made... i dont even have strong feelings about how they would compare i was just saying.
    <------------ Pure unfiltered joy... 04 wrx stage III ** The Blobeye Syndicate **... #39----------------------------------->
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

Closed Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.


Posting Permissions

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •