Seriously... He wants to race? - Page 3
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

This is a discussion on Seriously... He wants to race? within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by fallenhero_08 i live near a community college, so if it has wheels, ive raced it. i know. ...

Quote Originally Posted by fallenhero_08 View Post
    i live near a community college, so if it has wheels, ive raced it. i know. imm flashy when it comes to my car, but every year, it never fails, all the freshman come in with there pimped out rides, and then all get a nice view of my "enjoy your rice" vynal on the back. i once had a vette think he could take me. he let off at 120, about a legnth behind me. the only car within 30 min of me that can beat me is my dentist. and he has some supercharged jaguire. i let off at 147.... he tops out at 190. i still let him know every sundayy in church that mine looks better. lol.
    what do you have done to your car?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Captain James of the SS Impreza has gone down with the ship Drews's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Scion TC. Guy tried to race me...lost. Then at the next light he yelled "I didn't know we were going." So I beat him again.
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #Eleventy,000,000,000|N.E.R.D. Member 20,000
    Stable: 2014 Hyundai Veloster Turbo (Matte Grey), 06 LGT, 03 WRX, 98 RS, 00 OBS

Resident Clubdub Debbie Downer. I'd love your ideas if you kept them to yourself. Subarus suck, get a new wife.

Never argue with idiots. They'll drag you to their level and beat you with experience.

Quote Originally Posted by jcfuzzdog29 View Post
    you have a lot of carssssss. To bad you got rid of the best one man.. No nice list
    I didn't get rid of it, someone took it away from me. About 9 months ago a full size toyota tacoma decided to boradside me going 45mph. The car held up better than I expected and I didn't get a single injury; not even whiplash. Unfortunately the car gave it's life to save mine. The bodyshop guy said they could fix it but that the doors would never seal properly. Together we decided to total it. Made about 6k off the deal. Bought the car for 24k and the insurance est. to be worth 21500. Was looking at an STI as replacement but just couldn't bring myself to get a hatch. I was hoping for 2010 they would bring back a sedan but after 8 months of waiting for info I said screw it and got the 370z instead. I miss AWD but the Z is so much more powerful than my 06 WRX and comparing to the STI it's still no contest: the Z hands down. Maybe is subaru ever brings back the sedan and increase power to compete with other cars in it's price catergory then I'll get back into a Suby.

Eagle Talon with what appeared to be a Bondo/Pep Boys Eclipse body kit. Hands down, the best one.

Registered User clevelander2002's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by gunnywrx View Post
    Dont know if it was the red line version (lg sporty wing on it), didn't know there was a redline other than the Sky.

I know my car is not FAST but i can argue that it is quick and when i see a Saturn Ion coming down the road the last thing i think of is a quick car.

Some good stories by all keep em rollin' in.
    The Redlines came with the big wing and were damn quick. Hard to launch because FWD + Instant boost from the supercharger = FAIL. But from a roll they were faster stock vs stock than the older wrx's. For about 500 bucks you could get 240-245 horses at the wheels. I miss mine for highway cruising and just plain old confusing mustangs when they got beat by a saturn but love my WRX a lot more.

Back on subject....
    The funniest race I had was a Harley soft-tail.
    His: 07 Blue WRX TR
    Short throw shifter, K&N drop-in w/ intake silencer delete, SPT exhaust, GrimmSpeed Master Cylinder Brace.

Hers: 09 Red Forester XT w/ K&N drop-in.

Well, I live on the North Shore (there are so many spoiled 16 year olds around here it makes me sick). Kids drive around here with 3 series Bimmers as if they were corollas... Every so often one of them will pull up to me and look for a race. Last week, I saw a kid driving a new Audi S6 around with a bunch of his buddy's. He pulls up next to me at a stop light and says "yo man, wanna race this monster?" I looked at him--laughed--and rolled up my window. First off, I don't race unless I am on a track. Secondly, what the hell kind of chance would I have against a 450HP V10 S6? What a joke.
    -Stink-Eye Mob #999-

2008 WRB WRX, Rally Armor Mud-flaps, ERZ Catless 3" exhaust, Tsudo DP, COBB AP (Stage 2)

Quote Originally Posted by clevelander2002 View Post
    The Redlines came with the big wing and were damn quick. Hard to launch because FWD + Instant boost from the supercharger = FAIL. But from a roll they were faster stock vs stock than the older wrx's. For about 500 bucks you could get 240-245 horses at the wheels. I miss mine for highway cruising and just plain old confusing mustangs when they got beat by a saturn but love my WRX a lot more.

Back on subject....
    The funniest race I had was a Harley soft-tail.
    Yep. The Red Lines are nothing to sneeze at. I was looking closely at them when I bought my WRX. They had factory upgrade kits with a smaller supercharger pulley, upgraded fuel pump+injectors, and a tune. Many people did those upgrades without the motor brace and get wicked wheel hop. With the motor brace, a stage 2 Red Line would give any WRX a really good run and would beat most. Factory stage 2 = 241 hp and 218 lb.-ft., with many dyno-ing well above those numbers. Other upgrades could get a lot more. Curb weight ~ 2600 lbs. Power to weight is pretty good. Plus they suffer far less drive train losses than Subaru AWD systems. If the driver can get the front tires hooked up, they'll get.

I test drove a few and the supercharger produced instant torque. The things are quick and handle, in my opinion, better than the WRX (any year).
    <---Is that not the ugliest critter?
    ---------------------------------------------
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #43

nissan maxima w/ tints/lowered/rims/exhaust

riced out civics w/ cf hood scoops and reverse scoops.. why the hood scoop, who knows, why the reverse? i don't know.

one civic sounded like a lawn mower, i swear.

Quote Originally Posted by NeverEnough View Post
    what do you have done to your car?
    fully built block, headers, up pipe, intake & pnp manifold, 3" catless turbo back with a 4 in downpipe. GT30-not rotated, hugh tmic (dont hate, fmic is next on the list) track tune, lots of weight reduction, tgv delets, injectors, and a bunch of smaller stuff. still need rails, pump, fmic, and a retune (was last tuned before turbo... not good i know...)

funny thing though. after reading this thred, i was going through columbus over the weekend, best thing ever happened. i had a chevy cavilear pull up next to me, kid rolls down his window and starts talking crap, i laughed, turned down my music, and said... "what was that?" WANT TO RACE he said back like i was retarted... at first, i was going to let him go on his marry way. but then to insult me. light turns green, and to give him a chance (and my trans...) he floored it, and to be honest, he actually want too bad of a ricer. i just got it rolling, and then snapped on it. i flew past him by the time i was ready for third and had to break for the next red light. he pulls up next to me and said "damn... nice car, is that a subaru" "yep", i said, and just turned my music back up.

im not one for racing any ricer that wants to, but this kid needed some peice of mind, and i think i educated him in the world of subys.

Got walked on by a new gen mustang (non-GT) at a light this morning.

He pulled up to the red light next to me and I revved like crazy. He looked over and laughed at me, so I gave him a "what you got!?" type look and he revved back!

It's a little wet out and the roads are bit slick... Light turned green, he sped off and I sat there with the tires spinning and spinning and the engine sounding very displeased.

Oh, btw I was in my POS Ford Focus sedan rental car while my 09WRX is back at the dealership for warranty work......... again
    2009 WRX Hatch PP Dark Gray Metallic
    Torqued Performance Stage 1
    Cobb CBE
    Kenwood DNX5120

When I had my STi ( ), The day i got back in to El Paso (had the car for a whole 2 days) I had a neon with a body kit and neons along with cavalier coupe with a fartcan welded on to the stock exhaust do the notorious and pitiful ricer flyby's on I-10 as i was taking the wifey for a drive. Needless to say, going over transmountain i had a good time toying with them.
    Bugeye Mafia #231 - 2002 WRB - sold Dec 31, 2009
    -Stink-Eye Mob- #173 - 2008 SWP - Returned to TD04 Stage 2 in Jan 2012
    Frmr Blobeye Syndicate #173 - 2005 CGM -sold Sept 15, 2008. I miss my STi
    Proud owner of 99 RS coupe with EJ205 engine and tranny swap.

A high school kid in a sports version Corolla. It was so stupid I actually climbed half way out my window and voiced the guy from Resident Evil 4 an was like "heh heh whatdya sellin"? I was about a whole mile ahead of him after the stop light.

Quote Originally Posted by elwray View Post
    Got walked on by a new gen mustang (non-GT) at a light this morning.

He pulled up to the red light next to me and I revved like crazy. He looked over and laughed at me, so I gave him a "what you got!?" type look and he revved back!

It's a little wet out and the roads are bit slick... Light turned green, he sped off and I sat there with the tires spinning and spinning and the engine sounding very displeased.

Oh, btw I was in my POS Ford Focus sedan rental car while my 09WRX is back at the dealership for warranty work......... again
    This entire post was a lie until I read you were not in your WRX. A V6 mustang vs an 09 WRX on a wet surface... it just wasn't gonna happen
    2004 PSM WRX VF39'd and loving it.
    1979 Camaro Z28 383 stroker
    1993 Silverado 6.5 TD "Old Smokey"
    1974 Honda CB750 cafe racer project
    blObeye SYNDICATE #88
    "In art, as in love, instinct is enough."

Quote Originally Posted by ZACK777 View Post
    This entire post was a lie until I read you were not in your WRX. A V6 mustang vs an 09 WRX on a wet surface... it just wasn't gonna happen
    Sorry I was bored

The "race" did happen though!

I just got my WRX back and I'm so happy to get rid of that Ford. In all fairness to the Focus though, I really do miss being able to spin tires. Even if the engine sounds like a sewing machine being sent through a snow blower while I'm doing it
    2009 WRX Hatch PP Dark Gray Metallic
    Torqued Performance Stage 1
    Cobb CBE
    Kenwood DNX5120

Quote Originally Posted by catsfan222 View Post
    Well, I live on the North Shore (there are so many spoiled 16 year olds around here it makes me sick).
    errrrrrrrrrrr.... guess im one of those spoiled 16 year olds... but some idiot in a s10 set up for drag strip...goes to my school is how i know what its set up for... rolled up to stop light (in the rain) and started revving ... light turned green and i just shifted up to the speed limit and he was still sitting at the light spinning the tires
    awd ftw
    bugeye mafia #232
    World Rally Blue 2002 WRX Stage 2 290 awhp
    my mods