Dumb Ricer Red Civic lol - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on Dumb Ricer Red Civic lol within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by SD_GR Everyone should at least consider a Civic. It's not quite up to the 2CV, Beetle, or ...

Quote Originally Posted by SD_GR View Post
    Everyone should at least consider a Civic. It's not quite up to the 2CV, Beetle, or Mini as far as significance and it's had some issues over the years, primarily with too "Japanese" suspensions up until its second decade, but it was and remains one of the best cars ever made.
    this is why I have a 06 stage 2 sti aaaaaaaaand an 02 civic lx

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Registered User 06ImprezaWRXSTI's Avatar
    you guys talk like if am going to be racing crappy civics(or any other cars). Well thats not me am more mature than that, I currently have a 1997 Chrysler Sebring JXi convertible (get my license at 16, so not driving it yet) and Ill keep saving up for that sti and at $200 (work) a week for now i should be there in about 2 or 3 years. Am gonna keep it nice and simple gonna be my everyday driver. (Ill explain my idea's on another thread.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by pzr2874 View Post
    At 15, you SHOULD be working for a civic.
    I agree. I didn't get my first car until 17, and it was a junker F150 that barely made it to 65mph...
    Kevin
    Sinister's Blowoff Valve FAQ
    WRX Gas Mileage FAQ
    Sinister's Progress Thread - 430whp 429wtq - Sold
    Firearms Enthusiasts Thread

The Sheriff's Star at the bottom left corner rates a user's reputation.
    If you found a user's post to be helpful or quite the opposite, please make it known to them by clicking the Star!

I Support ClubWRX
    It doesn't seem the poster understands just how good a car the Civic is -- the newer and less modified, the better.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by SD_GR View Post
    It doesn't seem the poster understands just how good a car the Civic is -- the newer and less modified, the better.
    I understand where he's coming from... When I hear civic, the first thing that pops into my head is a 16 year old with a sideways ball cap, wife beater, and a fart can.

Even though there are many more commuter cars that are civics than these "punks" that like to race in school zones... it still is a stereotype that sticks out in many people's minds.
    Kevin
    WRX Gas Mileage FAQ

If you found a user's post to be helpful or quite the opposite, please make it known to them by clicking the Star!

I understand what a civic is and how good it is, am jsut tired of the car becasue everyone has it. I have some good knowledge about cars as I work at my dad's repair shop.
    Last edited by 06ImprezaWRXSTI; 08-13-2009 at 07:17 PM.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by 06ImprezaWRXSTI View Post
    I understand what a civic is and how good it is, am jsut tired of the car becasue everyone has it. Am have some good knowledge about cars as I work at my dad's repair shop.
    Might want to study a bit of english as well.
    Kevin
    WRX Gas Mileage FAQ

I Support ClubWRX
    I understand what a civic is and how good it is, am jsut tired of the car becasue everyone has it. Am have some good knowledge about cars as I work at my dad's repair shop.
    Except what you wrote seems to contradict your understanding of their quality:

I just laugh when I see them, most people my age where I live drive scrap metal (civics).
    you guys talk like if am going to be racing crappy civics...

Quote Originally Posted by Sinister View Post
    I understand where he's coming from... When I hear civic, the first thing that pops into my head is a 16 year old with a sideways ball cap, wife beater, and a fart can.

Even though there are many more commuter cars that are civics than these "punks" that like to race in school zones... it still is a stereotype that sticks out in many people's minds.
    There's one such guy around here. One day, in the rain, he decided to visit his friend across the street and tried to spin the car around but undercooked it and went straight onto the curb, nose first. The curb was OK so I found the scene very funny. Still, it's literally a world car and there are families of four quite happy with them in many different markets. They've been innovative over the years in both chassis and body, and although their interior isn't quite up to the standards of a Daimler limousine it always seemed to be practical, well assembled, and able to fit more on the inside than the outside of the car let on.
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

I Support ClubWRX
    I don't disagree in the least bit Dan (I think I'm the only one that has kept with the nickname). I have a neighbor with an accord with 350k miles on it, and he used to have a camry with 300k on it. The civic is in the same boat. Great commuter car that lives a long life if properly maintained.
    Kevin
    WRX Gas Mileage FAQ

Am not trying to to say that civics are a piece of crap becasue there not am just tired of them, and It's just not my type of car. Ohh an sorry about my writing I didn't know I was being graded.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinister View Post
    I don't disagree in the least bit Dan (I think I'm the only one that has kept with the nickname). I have a neighbor with an accord with 350k miles on it, and he used to have a camry with 300k on it. The civic is in the same boat. Great commuter car that lives a long life if properly maintained.
    You can call me Al too, your choice. The early 90s Camrys with the 4 seem to go forever here and people fall in love with them so when something major does give (e.g., an automatic transmission after 200k or so) they mule up about it and refuse to let them go. My wife has several aunts/uncles with them and they'll all apparently keep them indefinitely, and our friend's had... 400K when a sidewalk jumped out at it and hit it, ending its career.

Since we have zero rust in SoCal provided the ocean is over 15 minutes away, the bodies are not usually an issue and the mechanicals just go, and go, and so on. I see very few 80s Civics any more though, and I've not seen a 70s Civic in ages (remember the egg shaped CVCC hatches?). The 90s stuff is still everywhere of course. Sometimes people let them go if they're way inland and have got an R12 A/C that craters, otherwise they're worth more keeping than one could get in money selling them.

I am not trying to to say that civics are a piece of crap because they're not, I am just tired of them, and It's just not my type of car. Ohh an sorry about my writing I didn't know I was being graded.
    Fixed

... I didn't know I was being graded.
    Unless you want to work for dad the rest of your life, you're always being graded. You just don't always get report cards.
    Stink-Eye Mob #666

2009 WRX Sedan

Quote Originally Posted by purplemongoose View Post
    unless you want to work for dad the rest of your life, you're always being graded. You just don't always get report cards.
    +1

Quote Originally Posted by beedee View Post
    so you 'put him in his place' by sinking to his level, racing by him 'blowing his doors off', wow, that is awesome!
    sarcasm is AWESOME!..and yes i sunk to his level to "put him in his place" because he taunted me with some riced out civic and he needed to understand how crappy his car actually is..

you wanna lecture me some more about how street racing is bad DAD?!?

I was telling a story for people to enjoy..if you dont then why waste your time and energy thinking of some lame sarcastic comment move on

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast