09 sti vs non-sti 5door

This is a discussion on 09 sti vs non-sti 5door within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Looking to buy my first Subaru, haven't decided if I want the sti on non sti. What are the differences ...

09 sti vs non-sti 5door

Looking to buy my first Subaru, haven't decided if I want the sti on non sti. What are the differences between them? Listed anywhere? Is the eng the same? what gives the sti more HP?

Differences I do know about:
    Bigger brakes
    Different interior
    6speed vs 5speed

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by spirit View Post
    Listed anywhere?
    Try Subaru's site or the pamphlets at dealers. For the best look at the body/equipment differences though go see them both at the same place in person, it'll make it much easier to decide.

Is the eng the same?
    Not entirely.

what gives the sti more HP?
    Valving, aspiration, and mapping.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

Sammich Makin' Pwincess wrxtreme06's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX

desiree
    your friendly, neighborhood subaru girl
    abbigale : 06 impreza wrx tr: cobb stage II
    hawkeye alliance #11:11//
    wingl3ss @ll!ance #17 // lvl 80 N.E.R.D.

I'd buy the WRX and use the money you're saving between the two for mods. The difference between the WRX and STI on the 09s isn't worth the $ IMHO.

Quote Originally Posted by kickniteasy View Post
    I'd buy the WRX and use the money you're saving between the two for mods. The difference between the WRX and STI on the 09s isn't worth the $ IMHO.
    ehh i dont know. There's been a BUNCH of people that have had engine failures on the 09 wrx. Most, however, were the ones manufacture in july/august of 2008.
    Bugeye Mafia #213
    Kevin
    2002 Midnight Black Pearl WRX (Traded In!)

2012 Ice Silver Metallic STi Sedan

Quote Originally Posted by wrx0131 View Post
    ehh i dont know. There's been a BUNCH of people that have had engine failures on the 09 wrx. Most, however, were the ones manufacture in july/august of 2008.
    Subaru fixed that; they did a halt in production, fixed the problem, and then started back up. The early 09's did have one big common problem, but if you're buying new then you should be fine. Still though, you're talking a 10K difference. For that you could buy a brand new engine (even though the engines were fixed under warranty anyway) and still have a significant amount left over.