What's better than a WRX? - Page 7
+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

This is a discussion on What's better than a WRX? within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; The GT-R is soooo sweet!...

The GT-R is soooo sweet!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Admiral Ackbar the 1st mycologist's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Sorry for the long account of my childhood. I wasn't trying to imply that my dad was responsible for Peter's particular genius - they mostly worked on clocks and guns together. I always thought that story was a bit over the top to share but figured Spiro and Cav would enjoy it.

Quote Originally Posted by SD_GR View Post

That leaves me $65K. I could buy a sports car. A real sports car. One with provenance. One I could take to shows that didn't have "models" around. Or even two of them.

I'd get a Pilot.
    I'd get a Morgan.
    I'd get an Alfa.
    I'd buy tools and beer (I'd need lots of both).
    It is funny you mentioned a Morgan - I was familiar with the name but saw one just the other day for the first time and then saw your post. Kind of like when you learn a new word and hear it the next day.
    "From a little spark may burst a mighty flame." - Dante
    "The stitch is lost unless the thread is knotted." - Italian proverb

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by mycologist View Post
    It is funny you mentioned a Morgan - I was familiar with the name but saw one just the other day for the first time and then saw your post. Kind of like when you learn a new word and hear it the next day.
    They still use ash (as in, the wood) for their frame supports.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    Man is a brute.... If you're cruel to him, he respects and fears you. If you're kind to him, he plucks your eyes out. Alexis Zorbas
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

Admiral Ackbar the 1st mycologist's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by SD_GR View Post
    They still use ash (as in, the wood) for their frame supports.
    Fascinating. I had to read it twice to believe you meant a current car. That Aero is very attractive!!
    "From a little spark may burst a mighty flame." - Dante
    "The stitch is lost unless the thread is knotted." - Italian proverb

I believe Jeremy Clarkson once called morgan "a car they forgot to stop making years ago."

Of course they're working on the new so called LIFEcar which uses a hydrogen engine. That plus the semi biodegradable frame should make the green patrol happy.
    FORZA FERRARI
    BLOBEYE SYNDICATE (retired) #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Integra96 View Post
    One day I hope to buy a car that is lubricated exclusively by pure manatee oil.

the chevy cobalt ss and srt4 are better then the wrx...american muscle

Quote Originally Posted by liljon350 View Post
    the chevy cobalt ss and srt4 are better then the wrx...american rice
    fixed
    06 GTO M6 Quicksilver, SLP 455 Bobcat, LS7 Clutch w/ SS line (RPM tune:373rwhp/373rwtq)
    07 WRX TR M5 Garnet Red Pearl w/ Straight PPGs and Cusco front LSD (Agile tune:307whp/343wtq)

Would Never, Ever Say Something Bad About an Admin's Mom SonicWagon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by liljon350 View Post
    the chevy cobalt ss and srt4 are better then the wrx...american muscle
    quick someone give me a banstick
    "It is at our most challenging times that we must cheat our very hardest" - Eric Theodore Cartman
    Quote Originally Posted by Weasel 555 View Post
    so whose up for been banned?
    Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post
    I is teh b1ggest douche evarrrr!~

Quote Originally Posted by cavallino333 View Post
    I believe Jeremy Clarkson once called morgan "a car they forgot to stop making years ago."

Of course they're working on the new so called LIFEcar which uses a hydrogen engine. That plus the semi biodegradable frame should make the green patrol happy.
    I believe Hammond bought one, to great mockery by Clarkson (until Richard mentioned Jeremy's GT40 debacle).

Anyway, I believe I've already made my decision to this OP question, albeit to a lesser degree. With the money I've spent on my two cars, I could have certainly bought say a Z06. Z06's are awesome cars and I'm sure I could have had a blast with it. However, I bought a 2006 GTO and then a 2007 WRX. I have two cars that can serve any road need (not off road of course). And I've had a blast working on and modifying both.

I now have two vehicles that are hand tailored to my desires. I'd take that over one car that maybe more valuable.
    06 GTO M6 Quicksilver, SLP 455 Bobcat, LS7 Clutch w/ SS line (RPM tune:373rwhp/373rwtq)
    07 WRX TR M5 Garnet Red Pearl w/ Straight PPGs and Cusco front LSD (Agile tune:307whp/343wtq)

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by SonicWagon View Post
    quick someone give me a banstick
    I ought to give you the ban stick for not being around much, and for not being at this year's meet.
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

my SRT friend went on when i was in the bathroom and wrote that LOL

me a 64 mercury comet caliente afx very rare can be expensive. but awsome on the strip. i whold then own the only 64 model comet my uncle doesnt have

Wrinklechops
    I don't think anyone has mentioned either of these cars. They're two of my absolute favorites. One is halfway affordable. The other, not so much.

Porsche Carrera GT

BMW M3 (E46) - still my favorite model year. The new M3 runs circles around many cars, but I love the E46 because it's halfway affordable. A little tuning to that thing, and even our STi's will never catch it

I love that I found these two cars side by side. Probably at the NurburgerringerburgerningNur.

I Support ClubWRX
    I also <3 the E46 M3's. Understated yet secksy, quick, and comfortable.
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

Wrinklechops
    Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post
    I also <3 the E46 M3's. Understated yet secksy, quick, and comfortable.
    I couldn't have said it better Ray

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.