What's better than a WRX? - Page 6
+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

This is a discussion on What's better than a WRX? within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; This is better than a wrx, and you could store your wrx underneath, I'm not sure it would fit though. ...

This is better than a wrx, and you could store your wrx underneath, I'm not sure it would fit though.
    World's Most Expensive RV - Platinum Plus RV
    Attachment 84723
    Last edited by ZACK777; 12-11-2009 at 09:21 AM.
    2004 PSM WRX VF39'd and loving it.
    1979 Camaro Z28 383 stroker
    1993 Silverado 6.5 TD "Old Smokey"
    1974 Honda CB750 cafe racer project
    blObeye SYNDICATE #88
    "In art, as in love, instinct is enough."

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by 302@12psi View Post
    The GTR doesnt begin to make the list but however would quickly be sold if I won one at a raffle.
    Do you think those video game fans are still excited about it? I wonder if you could get more money than it's worth if you sold it - I don't know what dealers have been getting or anything. That'd be great.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    Man is a brute.... If you're cruel to him, he respects and fears you. If you're kind to him, he plucks your eyes out. Alexis Zorbas
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by SD_GR View Post
    Do you think those video game fans are still excited about it? I wonder if you could get more money than it's worth if you sold it - I don't know what dealers have been getting or anything. That'd be great.
    I think the video game fans lost interest in the USDM offering as soon as the price was announced. There are some iconic cars which will always be popluar and then some that are only awesome because they are potentially obtainable....I think the GTR fits into the last segment.
    0-60 faster then your first sexual experience.
    "You've come far, and though you're far from the end
    You don't mind where you are, cause you know where you've been"

Admiral Ackbar the 1st mycologist's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    No love for the Lancia I posted, huh. My dad had one of those he took a part when I was growing up. Unfortunately it never made it back together until after he sold it. Sure wish it was my project now.
    "From a little spark may burst a mighty flame." - Dante
    "The stitch is lost unless the thread is knotted." - Italian proverb

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by mycologist View Post
    No love for the Lancia I posted, huh. My dad had one of those he took a part when I was growing up. Unfortunately it never made it back together until after he sold it. Sure wish it was my project now.
    Wait, didn't see the post. Your dad had an Aurelia GT? Series 4 US car? Wow! That's an amazing car. I'd take that over the Nissan any day, no question.
    Man is a brute.... If you're cruel to him, he respects and fears you. If you're kind to him, he plucks your eyes out. Alexis Zorbas
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

I Support ClubWRX
    Wait, didn't see the post. Your dad had an Aurelia GT? Series 4 US car? Wow! That's an amazing car. I'd take that over the Nissan any day, no question.
    I'd have to ask him what the exact model was but it looked just like that one. I got one ride in it before he dismantled it (one of my earliest memories). When he was younger he also had a Jowett Javelin-Jupiter (I never got to see that).

I Support ClubWRX
    I'd have to ask him what the exact model was but it looked just like that one. I got one ride in it before he dismantled it (one of my earliest memories). When he was younger he also had a Jowett Javelin-Jupiter (I never got to see that).
    Beyond cool. I'm in awe.

That's pretty impressive, sounds like he had a taste for unique cars.
    FORZA FERRARI
    BLOBEYE SYNDICATE (retired) #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Integra96 View Post
    One day I hope to buy a car that is lubricated exclusively by pure manatee oil.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by cavallino333 View Post
    That's pretty impressive, sounds like he had a taste for unique cars.
    It's funny because he had those, but we were riding around in things like a buick estate wagon, monte carlo, etc.

He did pick up one of the first rotary Mazda wagons for my mom's DD for a bit (it rusted out instantly in the Cleveland salt slush though). The really crazy story was that he had a young helper/apprentice that he helped with cart repairs (I rode in one in his lap at Watkin's Glen) and later entry fees into Penske racing school. Same guy took me for some crazy rides in that Mazda. That guy later cut off contact unfortunately after a falling out with my dad. His name was Peter Gibbons - e.g.:

Consistency the key as Marco Andretti begins fourth season on Indy circuit - lehighvalleylive.com

"Marco's engineer, Eddie Jones, moves to Danica Patrick's car. Veteran engineer Peter Gibbons takes over on Marco's No. 26 Honda.

Gibbons was the engineer for Michael Andretti when Michael became the third all-time winningest Indy car drive behind A.J. Foyt and his father Mario."

I am tempted off and on to contact him but it has been over 30 years ago now.

Edit: Seriously, I'm not creative enough to make this up - he was an engineering student, I'm pretty sure at Case where my dad got his PhD in engineering. I could take you right to the house he grew up in in Shaker Hts. and remember things like how he got a low grade on a bridge building project that had to be all wood because he fell asleep in class and didn't hear a classmate ask if paper could be used.
    Last edited by mycologist; 08-05-2009 at 01:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BrianH View Post
    White.
    If you had the money and could only get the lime green or orange would you still do it?
    06 GTO M6 Quicksilver, SLP 455 Bobcat, LS7 Clutch w/ SS line (RPM tune:373rwhp/373rwtq)
    07 WRX TR M5 Garnet Red Pearl w/ Straight PPGs and Cusco front LSD (Agile tune:307whp/343wtq)

Quote Originally Posted by Pavia View Post
    If you had the money and could only get the lime green or orange would you still do it?
    Definitely.

THIS is better than a wrx!!!!

FJF
    Nice. The DS was my favorite car as a child. In many ways, I'd still love to have one. Never had a chance to drive it, though.
    Evo IX SE

I Support ClubWRX
    It kneels like a camel. Once you turn on the motor the suspension wakes up and it rises and levels, and stays that way with little regard for how bad the road might be. And it's very smooth.

It's hard on the outside though! As a kid I actually hit one on my bike. Not fun.

Fabulous cars!

Would Never, Ever Say Something Bad About an Admin's Mom SonicWagon's Avatar
    my dad claims his parents had one, with the leveling suspension and all, I guess I believe him?
    "It is at our most challenging times that we must cheat our very hardest" - Eric Theodore Cartman
    Quote Originally Posted by Weasel 555 View Post
    so whose up for been banned?
    Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post
    I is teh b1ggest douche evarrrr!~

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.