What's better than a WRX? - Page 5
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

This is a discussion on What's better than a WRX? within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I'm just here to read an SD & fanboi discussion. They are always classic....

I'm just here to read an SD & fanboi discussion. They are always classic.
    This message printed on 100% recycled electrons.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

a wry is better than a wrx ha ha

Quote Originally Posted by silverautorex View Post
    a wry is better than a wrx ha ha
    Very nice!
    FORZA FERRARI
    BLOBEYE SYNDICATE (retired) #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Integra96 View Post
    One day I hope to buy a car that is lubricated exclusively by pure manatee oil.

I Support ClubWRX
    OK well I've thought about it more in traffic on the way home. $100,000 USD is a lot of money. For that money I'd have a stable of cars (heck, there are more cars than people at home now anyway).

I'd spend the first $35K making sure I have something to drive anywhere, for any circumstances -- from a short weekend trip to a wedding or a funeral. A 5-dr WRX is good, an STi probably more fun, but a... Honda Pilot is best. Better fuel economy (same mileage roughly but on regular fuel), more comfortable, better climate control, sun roof, better nav, leather, etc. plus it's reliable.

That leaves me $65K. I could buy a sports car. A real sports car. One with provenance. One I could take to shows that didn't have "models" around. Or even two of them.

I'd get a Pilot.
    I'd get a Morgan.
    I'd get an Alfa.
    I'd buy tools and beer (I'd need lots of both).

WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

I Support ClubWRX
    Are these cars better than the WRX? The Honda probably is. I own both of them. The other two are not reliable but they're so much more interesting!

Last edited by SD_GR; 08-04-2009 at 10:37 PM.
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

This is better than any wrx/sti!

the 360!
    Last edited by tarmacsti; 08-06-2010 at 05:35 AM.
    **__The Hawk-Eye Alliance__**
    Member #0135

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by tarmacsti View Post
    This is better than any wrx/sti!

the 360!
    Somewhere I have a Swiss car catalog from the 60s and I think that's in there. It looks like a really interesting car.

I bout its awd but... still having that boxer ruble coming out of something like that would be great!
    Member #0135

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by tarmacsti View Post
    I bout its awd but... still having that boxer ruble coming out of something like that would be great!
    Roll your sleeves up and get the tools... The 360 had an inline motor. A 2-stroke actually. All the smoke coming out must have made for quite a sight.

haul over that H6 cosworth motor its going in!
    Member #0135

I Support ClubWRX
    Oh well if a magazine calls it the car of the year it must be....

It's an overly computer operated vehicle and I feel that the "pure" fun feel would be diminished because of it unless one was able to disable all the "save the car" features. AWD is nice, Launch Control if nice, yaw sensors are nice, over boost features are nice, an on view telemetry screen is wonderful, but at the end of the day it has made the car removed from it's actual class which is mid to high end sports vehicle IMHO.

Again 100k dollars is a lot of money..just because you'd love to have a GTR doesnt mean everyone else would or should want one. That's why they make different cars.

My 100k list is simple:

Factory Five Cobra (30-40k hand built)
    Viper
    Z06
    911 with X50 package
    Cayman S

The GTR doesnt begin to make the list but however would quickly be sold if I won one at a raffle.
    0-60 faster then your first sexual experience.
    "You've come far, and though you're far from the end
    You don't mind where you are, cause you know where you've been"

I would have a R34 over the R35 any day...
    Member #0135

Subjective . .

There are lots of cars out there 'better' than a WRX, but it's all what you want in a car.

As far as what this thread has evolved into, I'll take the GT3 over anything.

Quote Originally Posted by BrianH View Post
    As far as what this thread has evolved into, I'll take the GT3 over anything.
    There's just something about that car I love. Maybe one day I can afford a used one.

What color do you prefer?
    06 GTO M6 Quicksilver, SLP 455 Bobcat, LS7 Clutch w/ SS line (RPM tune:373rwhp/373rwtq)
    07 WRX TR M5 Garnet Red Pearl w/ Straight PPGs and Cusco front LSD (Agile tune:307whp/343wtq)

Quote Originally Posted by Pavia View Post
    There's just something about that car I love. Maybe one day I can afford a used one.

What color do you prefer?
    White.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast