WRX wagon vs VW Carrado

This is a discussion on WRX wagon vs VW Carrado within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; So i was rolling down pretty fast one laned highway and i noticed a volkswagon carrado behind me , it ...

WRX wagon vs VW Carrado

So i was rolling down pretty fast one laned highway and i noticed a volkswagon carrado behind me , it was yellow i believe it was a vr6 but it coulda been the boosted one, but anyways i was with my mom lol and it opened up to two lanes and i heard him downshift and go for the over take and once he was a good 2 car lengths ahead of me i down shifted into third and mashed on it and i got by him prettty easily then shifted into fourth and i was gone. Then he decided to try and pull those " i just got beat so when he slows down im gonna pass him" moves but i didnt let it happen.
    2004 WRX (currently driving)
    2000 Audi S4 APR tuned (sold)
    2002 WRX wagon ( sold )
    1988 Thunderbird Turbocoupe

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

haha nice kill. i love it after they loose they try to blow by u really fast. what did mommy have to say about your win? are u stock??
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #898Military Milita #898

AP stage 2 93 oct. maddad DP. SPT short ram intake,SPT intake heat shield,HKS carbon fiber catback,boost,MAF,volt gauges,STI springs, pioneer flip screen headunit, polk audio speakers, vortex generator,STI wing,rally armor UR flaps

I may be off the mark here, but it sounds to me like you were the only person aware that there was a race going on and you were being a ****, not to metion how dangerous your move was. If the VW was past you, then you decide to accelerate, what if he pulled over into the lane while you were beside him? WTF?

I think if I was the VW driver and all I wanted was to pass, and you did that to me I would probably make some effort to have a face to face with you at the next opportunity. Not to mention that then YOU slow down, and when he tries to pass again now you are playing games?

Yeah, I think I would like to talk to you in person dude, not a conversation you would enjoy either. Not cool in my book.

Way to street race with your mom
    Bugeye Mafia #141 Military Militia #007 Hawkeye Alliance #126 The Stink-Eye Mob #92
    03 WRB WRX - Sold
    07 WRB STi - Sold
    11 SWP WRX - Current

Registered User AllShallPerishJ's Avatar
    Way to not only prove yourself as a dumbass but also put your own mothers life at risk as well. If you were in my state and you got busted pulling that crap you'd be looking at a nice hefty fine for passing on the right. But chances are you'll learn your lesson when you're gasping for life while paramedics try and save you because you smashed into a tree and got ejected from your vehicle. All because you needed to be a jackass. But of course I'm sure you are a professional driver and will never cause or be in an accident. Hope mommy was proud of you.
    Live.Free.Or.Die
    Blobeye Syndicate #55

i dont think he was just trying to pass since he downshifted and romped on it, and it was a TWO lane highway there was TWO lanes going up a straight hill. It was like he was going into oncoming traffic. I didnt know id cause so much anger just for telling you how the wrx compares to other vehicles.
    2002 WRX wagon ( sold )

Quote Originally Posted by wrxwagon2 View Post
    it opened up to two lanes .
    2002 WRX wagon ( sold )

Registered User AllShallPerishJ's Avatar
    i dont think he was just trying to pass since he downshifted and romped on it, and it was a TWO lane highway there was TWO lanes going up a straight hill. It was like he was going into oncoming traffic. I didnt know id cause so much anger just for telling you how the wrx compares to other vehicles.
    Don't mis-receive peoples opinions on your actions as "anger", more of a proverbial shaking of the finger and a "BAD" like you do to a puppy who has **** on the carpet. You will find that on this particular forum, I'd say 90% of the members will not condone irresponsible and unsafe driving practices that are preformed in an entirely wrong venue. If you're looking for a mass ego boost, I'd look elsewhere my friend. I'm also sure that I do not stand alone here in the loss of friends and/or someone known due to unsafe and thick headed driving. Either caused by the person lossed or another party partaking in said thickheaded driving activities. This opinion and stance on the subject does not mean we do not enjoy "spirited driving", but keep in mind that there is a broad line between being safe and having some fun, and flat out wrong. That is of course why we all purchased WRX and STi and share our words here on this enthusiasts forum. But I guess that knowing ones limit, and the value of life over stupidity is just something that is acquired through age and responsibility. Christ I feel like an old man.

PS- Even if there were 4 lanes, passing on the right where another driver has the largest blind spot from the drivers seat is still not recommended. I thought they taught that in drivers ed?? Have I done it? Yes. Have I also gotten myself into a high speed accident because of it? YES. Would have been PRETTY messy. And it's still illegal to do on a two lane road, where I'm from anyways.
    Live.Free.Or.Die
    Blobeye Syndicate #55

i dont think he was just trying to pass since he downshifted and romped on it,
    I disagree, it seems to me that's exactly what I do when I want to pass someone. I downshift, and step on the gas. If he wanted to pass you and go faster, then let him. You said later on that he tried to pass you again and you still sped up.

Honestly, it seems like you saw a bright colored hot looking car that came up behind you and you were thinking race, not this dude wants to pass me.

Whether it be one lane or two lane, it still seems pretty stupid to me.

And I am not angry, but I have been the other guy a few times before and it is very annoying. Just trying to get somewhere quickly and come up behind someone who THEN decides he wants to play games and race. Maybe instead of you beating him, he decided he didnt want to race you and let you go the first time. Then when YOU slowed back down all he really wanted to do was pass you.

That has happened to me a few times, and every time all I can think is "What a jerk, I hope he pulls over to get gas soon so we can talk..."

Think about it dude.

all we did was have a race up a double lane straight hill.
    2002 WRX wagon ( sold )

I Support ClubWRX
    Closed for insults and a lot of meaninglessness.
    0-60 faster then your first sexual experience.
    "You've come far, and though you're far from the end
    You don't mind where you are, cause you know where you've been"