sti vs camaro ss
Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on sti vs camaro ss within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I just finished breaking in my new motor after having the shortblock replaced under warranty, and I celebrated by beating ...

sti vs camaro ss

I just finished breaking in my new motor after having the shortblock replaced under warranty, and I celebrated by beating a ls1 camaro ss. not sure what year but im guessing around a 2000. My 06 is completely stock except for the fact that the boost is still up around 18 psi from my last protune.
    On a 2 lane main road at a red light. The camoro pulled over to the right in the third lane which is for turning or going straight. This lane is very short so you know the person in that lane is going to try and get ahead of the other two lanes. I pulled in behind the camaro and we both went on green(non launch). even through 1st, catching up in second, passed in 3rd going to 4th, let off going into 5th a car length ahead. 2 1/2 car lengths.....not bad
    DISCLAIMER- I try not to street race, and in no way am I telling others to go out and street race. common sense took a back seat on this one.
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

good kill
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #898Military Milita #898

AP stage 2 93 oct. maddad DP. SPT short ram intake,SPT intake heat shield,HKS carbon fiber catback,boost,MAF,volt gauges,STI springs, pioneer flip screen headunit, polk audio speakers, vortex generator,STI wing,rally armor UR flaps

I'm not trying to put down your car at all, but the LS1 is a monster even from slow rolls. Are you sure he was on it all the way? Something wrong with his car? 500lbs of weights in the trunk?

For a wrx to essentially pull on him in 3rd gear is pretty dang good. To be stock except for a tune at 18psi and pull him in 3rd is pretty damn near unbelievable.

Quote Originally Posted by xsnapshot View Post
    I'm not trying to put down your car at all, but the LS1 is a monster even from slow rolls. Are you sure he was on it all the way? Something wrong with his car? 500lbs of weights in the trunk?

For a wrx to essentially pull on him in 3rd gear is pretty dang good. To be stock except for a tune at 18psi and pull him in 3rd is pretty damn near unbelievable.
    title says "sti vs camaro"
    --Justin

Hawk-Eye Alliance #128

Quote Originally Posted by Pactin View Post
    title says "sti vs camaro"
    bah! I knew 3 hours of sleep would come back to bite me! My bad. Actually i'm still very impressed though...good kill.

Quote Originally Posted by xsnapshot View Post

he had a young guy in the passenger seat, and i was alone

Quote Originally Posted by turbotwist View Post
    he had a young guy in the passenger seat, and i was alone
    Young guy in the passenger seat must have been heavy, did he look like this?

just kidding, nice one man.
    "if you are going to tell someone the truth you had better make them laugh otherwise they'll kill you" - George Bernard Shaw.
    Bugeye Mafia #214
    Dirty Crew #42

Quote Originally Posted by Tinywagon View Post
    Young guy in the passenger seat must have been heavy, did he look like this?

just kidding, nice one man.
    rofl - We had a dyno day at local shop. Guy put up a 68 SS and a 10, both made approx 325 tq, 68 made 240 whp, 10 made around 300.. ill have to double check numbers but it was around there.
    08 WRX Sedan
    the WRX is back! 340whp 366 tq @22psi

Banned
    I Support ClubWRX
    An LS1 powered Camaro will destroy near any stock turbo STI if driven properly. Good catch though.

While I would kind of agree with you, I believe the camaro was a automatic. So as far as driving properly, all ya have to do is mash your foot to the floor. Trust me, I was just as suprised as anyone when I started reeling him in and slowly passing. Not sure how much power is added by having the boost up to around 18psi on a stock motor, but it was enough.

While I would kind of agree with you, I believe the camaro was a automatic. So as far as driving properly, all ya have to do is mash your foot to the floor. Trust me, I was just as suprised as anyone when I started reeling him in and slowly passing. Not sure how much power is added by having the boost up to around 18psi on a stock motor, but it was enough.
    Pretty sure SS's weren't made in automatic. Could be wrong though. But even a Z28 Auto should be a fairly even race till you get higher in mph then the Camaro will start to pull.

Quote Originally Posted by 2.0Rs View Post
    Pretty sure SS's weren't made in automatic. Could be wrong though. But even a Z28 Auto should be a fairly even race till you get higher in mph then the Camaro will start to pull.
    you would be wrong, they are made with autos. An auto does typically dyno 10-15 hp less than a stick
    Last edited by turbotwist; 07-29-2009 at 07:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 2.0Rs View Post
    I would tend to agree with this video. Looks like the driver sucks judging by the launch. Chances are if he's that bad at launching the rest of his driving/shifting is aweful too.The sti in this video probably had his boost at the stock level of 14.5, so this video makes perfect sense.

I would tend to agree with this video. Looks like the driver sucks judging by the launch. Chances are if he's that bad at launching the rest of his driving/shifting is aweful too.The sti in this video probably had his boost at the stock level of 14.5, so this video makes perfect sense.
    I fail to see how having your boost at 18lbs running stock everything helps you. Sounds like you were running a "stage 2" set up and you put it back to stock to get your engine fixed. I'd imagine you're running pig rich which will slow you down.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.