Took a Cobalt Ss
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 39

This is a discussion on Took a Cobalt Ss within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Took him from a roll. Don't know if any one cares but I felt like posting it...

  1. #1
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    6

    Smile Took a Cobalt Ss

    Took him from a roll. Don't know if any one cares but I felt like posting it

  2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements
     

  3. #2
    Registered User ZACK777's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Cincinnati, OH
    Posts
    1,368
    Turbo or S/c model? Mods, you and him?
    Proof or it didn't happen
    2004 PSM WRX VF39'd and loving it.
    1979 Camaro Z28 383 stroker
    1993 Silverado 6.5 TD "Old Smokey"
    1974 Honda CB750 cafe racer project
    blObeye SYNDICATE #88
    "In art, as in love, instinct is enough."

  4. #3
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    6
    Lol. My wrx is bone stock and I'm preaty sure he was a supercharged older version but I'm running a friend of mines 09 turbo tonight and I'll see if I can video tape.

  5. #4
    Registered User ZACK777's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Cincinnati, OH
    Posts
    1,368
    Quote Originally Posted by Wrxsilverbullet View Post
    Lol. My wrx is bone stock and I'm preaty sure he was a supercharged older version but I'm running a friend of mines 09 turbo tonight and I'll see if I can video tape.
    Cool, I see you have one of the new badarse 09 WRX's, now I'm a little jealous
    +1 on the video if you run the 09 turbo SS, you should have more of a fight on your hands they are pretty quick from a roll.
    2004 PSM WRX VF39'd and loving it.
    1979 Camaro Z28 383 stroker
    1993 Silverado 6.5 TD "Old Smokey"
    1974 Honda CB750 cafe racer project
    blObeye SYNDICATE #88
    "In art, as in love, instinct is enough."

  6. #5
    Registered User The_Buck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    MN
    Posts
    1,261
    i dont think i would waste any of my gas on a cobalt, but vids are always good. post it n i'll watch it man haha
    <------------ Pure unfiltered joy... 04 wrx stage III ** The Blobeye Syndicate **... #39----------------------------------->

  7. #6

    Flirty User That's Younger Than the Chunks of Corn in Brian's Crap

    WRXie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Down South
    Posts
    3,044
    Now that I saw that title, it reminded me a story this guy at work tried to convince me of.

    He said his brother purchased the Cobalt SS and had nothing done to it, completely stock and it was running close to 270hp and he managed to race and beat a Corvette. I then asked him if I could see this amazing thing and he said that unfortunately his brother ended up hitting a tree and totaling it. I dunno about that whole thing beating a Corvette there ..
    2002 WRX Yellow Blaze


    Bugeye Mafia #216

    High Mileage Club

  8. #7
    Registered User 2002 WReX's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by WRXie View Post
    Now that I saw that title, it reminded me a story this guy at work tried to convince me of.

    He said his brother purchased the Cobalt SS and had nothing done to it, completely stock and it was running close to 270hp and he managed to race and beat a Corvette. I then asked him if I could see this amazing thing and he said that unfortunately his brother ended up hitting a tree and totaling it. I dunno about that whole thing beating a Corvette there ..
    depends on the vette. my buddy has a c3 ('76) and my bone stock (ok, i have a k&n drop in) wrx takes it off the line and pulls the whole way out. with 167k on my car. of course the c3 with the top of the line L-82 engine package only packs something like 210hp. should be a closer race, but believe it or not, it isnt.

  9. #8
    Registered User fallenhero_08's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    32
    i took a vette in my bugeye, im at 350 hp and his was a 2003 convertable with a few easy parts (exhaust and intake maybe) it was just going down the highway, so we slowed to 20, and i hit the horn, he hit his and took off, i had him by 4-5 legnths by 130. i didnt think he got on it all the way, but he stopped in at the shop a few weeks later when i was getting a new clutch put in, and he said he was on it hard, it just wouldnt pull up to me.

  10. #9

    Flirty User That's Younger Than the Chunks of Corn in Brian's Crap

    WRXie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Down South
    Posts
    3,044
    Quote Originally Posted by 2002 WReX View Post
    depends on the vette. my buddy has a c3 ('76) and my bone stock (ok, i have a k&n drop in) wrx takes it off the line and pulls the whole way out. with 167k on my car. of course the c3 with the top of the line L-82 engine package only packs something like 210hp. should be a closer race, but believe it or not, it isnt.
    but a stock SS?? I thought those came with less hp than WRX's did.
    2002 WRX Yellow Blaze


    Bugeye Mafia #216

    High Mileage Club

  11. #10
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    112
    Quote Originally Posted by WRXie View Post
    but a stock SS?? I thought those came with less hp than WRX's did.
    the new TURBO cobalt ss are certainly not slow. I believe their 260 hp and 260 tq. they have been known to trap 102 to 103 so from a roll i would watch out... But the older supercharged ones are a joke.

  12. #11
    Sammich Makin' Pwincess wrxtreme06's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    orlando flawduh
    Posts
    12,511
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Wrxsilverbullet View Post
    Took him from a roll. Don't know if any one cares but I felt like posting it
    were you in a school zone?

    desiree
    your friendly, neighborhood subaru girl
    abbigale : 06 impreza wrx tr: cobb stage II
    hawkeye alliance #11:11//
    wingl3ss @ll!ance #17 // lvl 80 N.E.R.D.

  13. #12
    Registered User ZACK777's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Cincinnati, OH
    Posts
    1,368
    Quote Originally Posted by Honda View Post
    the new TURBO cobalt ss are certainly not slow. I believe their 260 hp and 260 tq. they have been known to trap 102 to 103 so from a roll i would watch out... But the older supercharged ones are a joke.
    SC model was 205hp stock and the TC model is 260hp stock, A stage 2 SC would just about equal a stock TC.
    Not bad for about $22k new.
    2004 PSM WRX VF39'd and loving it.
    1979 Camaro Z28 383 stroker
    1993 Silverado 6.5 TD "Old Smokey"
    1974 Honda CB750 cafe racer project
    blObeye SYNDICATE #88
    "In art, as in love, instinct is enough."

  14. #13
    Registered User 2002 WReX's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by ZACK777 View Post
    Not bad for about $22k new.
    i remember a time when people said that about WRX's...

  15. #14
    Registered User ZACK777's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Cincinnati, OH
    Posts
    1,368
    Quote Originally Posted by 2002 WReX View Post
    i remember a time when people said that about WRX's...
    I still think the WRX's a great bang for the buck especially the new 09 WRX with 265hp starting at what.. $25k-ish. But the STi pushing past the $40k mark is sad
    The cobalt SS/tc is a nice American made sport compact for a nice price that performs great, but it is still FWD.
    2004 PSM WRX VF39'd and loving it.
    1979 Camaro Z28 383 stroker
    1993 Silverado 6.5 TD "Old Smokey"
    1974 Honda CB750 cafe racer project
    blObeye SYNDICATE #88
    "In art, as in love, instinct is enough."

  16. #15
    Registered User 2002 WReX's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by ZACK777 View Post
    I still think the WRX's a great bang for the buck especially the new 09 WRX with 265hp starting at what.. $25k-ish. But the STi pushing past the $40k mark is sad
    The cobalt SS/tc is a nice American made sport compact for a nice price that performs great, but it is still FWD.
    hmm... when i looked the wrx was stickering at $29k, or $31k with the only available option, nav.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •