Took a Cobalt Ss - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

This is a discussion on Took a Cobalt Ss within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by Pavia I don't think they are. I'm not sure if there is even a Pontiac dealership in ...

Quote Originally Posted by Pavia View Post
    I don't think they are. I'm not sure if there is even a Pontiac dealership in Royal Oak, MI anymore.

My "Bobcat" package came from SLP (kind of an STI-ish tuner branch for GM, but standalone. They made some special edition cars for GM in the past, like the Firehawk)
    Oh, O.K. I'm familiar with Ed Hambuger's Street Legal Performance just haven't paid much attention to them since the F-bobies are no more, I had four Trans Am's!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

my buddy has a white TC ss, he has a hahn downpipe and open source tune its crazy fast,he beat my buddys z28 with headers straight pipe and intake

I've been wanting to get ahold of a modded SS/TC myself just to see how well they do. I almost bought one a while back, before I got my 01.

They SS/TC was tested and tuned on the 'Ring and last I checked held the record for FWD cars on the 'Ring. Brembo's are nice.

From Motor Trend on the same day comparison:

09 WRX: 0-60 in 4.8 seconds 1/4 mile in 13.5 @ 101.1 mph

WRX did the figure 8 in 26.3 and skid pad at 0.85 g's.

09 Cobalt SS 4dr: 0-60 in 5.5 seconds 1/4 in 14.0 @ 102.5 mph

Cobalt SS 4dr took figure 8 (25.4 seconds) and skid pad (0.91 g).

Willow Springs had the WRX at 62.1 seconds on a lap and the Cobalt at 61.7 seconds on a lap!

The SS is a handling monster and has it on the roll. But dig is WRX all day.
    "I am not made of steel. Rage...I...am made...OF RAGE!" - Colossus

2001 Bright Ralley Red Camaro Z28 M6: Pacesetter Long Tube Headers, TSP Off Road Y-pipe, Hooker catback, SLP Air Lid, stock throttle body ported to 78mm. 353 rwhp 366 rwtq untuned

i kno someone that has a tc, he hates it and says it isn't fast. i know two girls that have cobalt ss's and for those reasons i don't care for either of the cars. i even raced one of the cobalt in my old infiniti and won, it definitely did not seem like a 5.5 second car.
    <------------ Pure unfiltered joy... 04 wrx stage III ** The Blobeye Syndicate **... #39----------------------------------->

Its all driver, especially when manuals are involved. My car could be sub 5 0-60 or 20 seconds if the person has never driven a manual before, you know? You don't have to like them but you never know when your gonna roll up on one and it will rip your mouth out. I had a stripped civic with a K20 swap that weighed about 2,000 lbs do that to my 94 Z28. Not fun.

2001 Bright Ralley Red Camaro Z28 M6: Pacesetter Long Tube Headers, TSP Off Road Y-pipe, Hooker catback, SLP Air Lid, stock throttle body ported to 78mm. 353 rwhp 366 rwtq untuned

Quote Originally Posted by Colossus View Post
    Its all driver, especially when manuals are involved. My car could be sub 5 0-60 or 20 seconds if the person has never driven a manual before, you know? You don't have to like them but you never know when your gonna roll up on one and it will rip your mouth out. I had a stripped civic with a K20 swap that weighed about 2,000 lbs do that to my 94 Z28. Not fun.
    i realize its about the driver. obviously if you put an incompetent person (especially women, sorry ladies) behind the wheel theres a good chance their is more to be desired from the car. yeah im sure your civic was crazy.
    <------------ Pure unfiltered joy... 04 wrx stage III ** The Blobeye Syndicate **... #39----------------------------------->

Lol, no man. I raced a Civic set up like that and he did a number on me. I wasn't happy about it.

Regardless the SS/TC is impressive in the segment where they've never done a performance car before the SS/SC.

Quote Originally Posted by Colossus View Post
    Lol, no man. I raced a Civic set up like that and he did a number on me. I wasn't happy about it.

Regardless the SS/TC is impressive in the segment where they've never done a performance car before the SS/SC.
    oh alright, yeah those numbers are impressive. i didn't expect it from a cobalt. i wonder how compareable they are on the streets tho, most wrx owners tend to do some decent mods that provide modest gains, where as i've seen more cobalt owners do little to no mods. i guess i don't know much about the demography of cobalt owners tho.

I haven't even seen but one SS/TC and it was just driving around so you may have more insight than me, lol.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123