Stock '09 vs. '01(?) WS6 T/A
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on Stock '09 vs. '01(?) WS6 T/A within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; From a dig. Launch - had a lead by 1/4 length 10mph 50mph - he was at my rear door ...

Stock '09 vs. '01(?) WS6 T/A

From a dig.
    Launch - had a lead by 1/4 length
    10mph 50mph - he was at my rear door
    50mph - 70 mph - he slowly began to pull
    by 80 @ shut down he had about 1/2 on me

First race in the Rex. Pretty happy seeing that she's stock.
    2011 Honda CR-Z EX
    Milano Red / Navigation / 6MT

2009 WRX hatch premium SEM #52 Traded 7/28/11
    Kartboy STS & bushings // RedlineGoods Shifter & E-brake boots // Muffler delete pipe // Window tint //

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Damn your Rex must move. Beating an LS1 is a feat. In case you haven't seen heres how I faired against an '09 WRX.
    Mustang GT vs WRX

Nice kill. Was the T/A an auto or manual?

Yeah it takes a good bit to pull on any Ls1. A car your heavy should take about 300 whp to be able to barely beat one from a highway roll.

Quote Originally Posted by therat1989 View Post
    Damn your Rex must move. Beating an LS1 is a feat. In case you haven't seen heres how I faired against an '09 WRX.
    Mustang GT vs WRX

Nice kill. Was the T/A an auto or manual?
    Its not a kill if you lose. Anyways, thats pretty good for a stock rex

I Support ClubWRX
    1/4 mile time you should win if they are both stock for stock, and you know how to drive. Since you're a new WRX owner, I'll bet if you improved your driving you would have beat him!!

Good luck next time!
    Kevin
    Sinister's Blowoff Valve FAQ
    WRX Gas Mileage FAQ
    Sinister's Progress Thread - 430whp 429wtq - Sold
    Firearms Enthusiasts Thread

The Sheriff's Star at the bottom left corner rates a user's reputation.
    If you found a user's post to be helpful or quite the opposite, please make it known to them by clicking the Star!

Quote Originally Posted by Sinister View Post
    1/4 mile time you should win if they are both stock for stock, and you know how to drive. Since you're a new WRX owner, I'll bet if you improved your driving you would have beat him!!

Good luck next time!
    It depends on the TA.
    Not too many are still stock.

Auto TA's are easy to drive well.
    I had an auto and it did superbly off the line.
    13.24 @ 105 in the quarter with no wheel spin 100% stock.
    Do just a couple of simple mods to the TA and you have a low 12 second car that drives like stock.
    Higher stall torque converter, 3.73 gears, drag radials.
    A little shot of juice will get you deep into the 11's if the tires will stand for it.
    Most of the guys I hung out with were at full drag slicks by that time.

A 6 speed TA is a different beast.
    Way more difficult to get a good launch but they will typically pull away from an auto from about 40 mph on.
    If you thrash one hard enough to get a good launch with drag radials or slicks the clutch isn't going to last long.
    Once they are set up to get a good launch they will typically trap up around 109 or 110 and still have lots left on the upper end of the speedo.

Any stock car that can keep up with one in a straight line and have the added benefit of AWD is an impressive car.

I Support ClubWRX
    The 09 is the only WRX that should be able to beat a stock T/A in the 1/4 mile.

Like WRXs though... Trans Ams don't usually stay stock for long... I agree.

a Stage 2 2009 WRX would absolutely slaughter a stock trans am though. They are getting ridiculous power.

(OP if you only had the lead by a 1/4 length on the launch... you need to work on launches.)
    Kevin
    WRX Gas Mileage FAQ

If you found a user's post to be helpful or quite the opposite, please make it known to them by clicking the Star!

The 09 is the only WRX that should be able to beat a stock T/A in the 1/4 mile.

Like WRXs though... Trans Ams don't usually stay stock for long... I agree.

a Stage 2 2009 WRX would absolutely slaughter a stock trans am though. They are getting ridiculous power.

(OP if you only had the lead by a 1/4 length on the launch... you need to work on launches.)
    My friends stock 99' camaro automatic ran a 13.3 in the quarter. Another friends 01' SS stock 6 speed ran a 12.9. Sorry a stock 09' is not gonna run that.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by 2.0Rs View Post
    My friends stock 99' camaro automatic ran a 13.3 in the quarter. Another friends 01' SS stock 6 speed ran a 12.9. Sorry a stock 09' is not gonna run that.
    And they had drag radials.. right? No stock camaro is going to run a 12.9 without drag radials... they just don't have the grip
    Kevin
    WRX Gas Mileage FAQ

And they had drag radials.. right? No stock camaro is going to run a 12.9 without drag radials... they just don't have the grip
    Stock. No drag radials. If you can drive it's very possible. There are way more then that with SS's running high 12's stock. I don't know why you would think they can't with 320 whp stock. Stock Camaro's were about 300 whp to the wheels stock.

I Support ClubWRX
    Then I must have met quite a few idiot Camaro Drivers... I can't tell you how many times my Stage 2 06 had smoked camaro/trans am Drivers. Now with the vf39, it's game over for them.
    Kevin
    WRX Gas Mileage FAQ

Then I must have met quite a few idiot Camaro Drivers... I can't tell you how many times my Stage 2 06 had smoked camaro/trans am Drivers. Now with the vf39, it's game over for them.
    Funny how my friends 08' Evo with 300 whp had troubles from a highway roll. I guess you had a special wrx. You do need at least 300 whp to even try to compete with them from a roll. Their top end is pretty ridiculous. From a dig on the streets a stage 2 2.5 would have an edge but anything from a 60 and above roll you're probably gonna be seeing camaro tails.

I Support ClubWRX
    I don't drag from a roll. What's the point? Every time you're going to be sitting in a different part of your own power band depending on speed. It makes no sense.

I don't have a "special" wrx... But back when I lived in the desert there were several paved roads that led to nowhere, and people used to go out and drag there since the closest strip was 3 and a half hours away. Every stock or close to stock camaro or t/a couldn't keep their tires stuck to the road enough to be able to manage decent enough runs to beat me. That's all I'm mentioning. So based off of that experience, and the fact that a stage 1 09 WRX is faster than a stage 2 06 WRX... that's why I mentioned to the OP that I think that he should win from a complete stop (I'm not a street racer... I don't call it a "dig")
    Kevin
    WRX Gas Mileage FAQ

I don't drag from a roll. What's the point? Every time you're going to be sitting in a different part of your own power band depending on speed. It makes no sense.

I don't have a "special" wrx... But back when I lived in the desert there were several paved roads that led to nowhere, and people used to go out and drag there since the closest strip was 3 and a half hours away. Every stock or close to stock camaro or t/a couldn't keep their tires stuck to the road enough to be able to manage decent enough runs to beat me. That's all I'm mentioning. So based off of that experience, and the fact that a stage 1 09 WRX is faster than a stage 2 06 WRX... that's why I mentioned to the OP that I think that he should win from a complete stop (I'm not a street racer... I don't call it a "dig")
    So you're not a street racer but when you lived in the desert you'd go do paved streets that lead to nowhere? That would still make you a street racer. Don't sit here and try to justify your actions. Who cares you had fun, don't try to make yourself seem above everyone.

Anyway like I said. That is what my friends ran and I was there to see it, and I know they were bone stock. I have seen plenty of other stock camaro's running real low 13's stock. What we're seeing here is fanboyism. I see it on every car forum I go on. People with the slower car compairs their car to a faster car and when they do that they'll say oh well these cars run this and take slower times they find.

I own a wrx swapped Rs and really don't care about camaro's. I just tell it as it is.

I Support ClubWRX
    You have had your experiences, I've had mine. In addition I spend a decent amount of time at Bandimere Speedway drag racing, and I've seen all sorts of setups, raced all sorts of vehicles, and have been beaten by many, and beaten many... I have no bias towards any car, and I am not going off of magazine times, or dyno results. Just personal experience.

When I'm referring to street racing, I'm referring to the jack assery that I saw every time I was in LA or San Diego. Driving down some main thoroughfare and some idiot revving their engine at me. Midnight, miles into a desert with no one around except the few cars that are going out to enjoy ourselves, or downtown LA at 5pm revving engines and dodging traffic, trying to race me. Maybe both are "considered" "street racing"... but I think most would agree that the general consensus finds "street racing" as the ass hats driving in populated areas and putting not only themselves, but MANY other people at risk
    Kevin
    WRX Gas Mileage FAQ

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast