Does EVO=Ricer? - Page 9
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

This is a discussion on Does EVO=Ricer? within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by Sinister I don't know what a tucked engine bay is... can you share please? Maybe one that ...

Wrinklechops
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinister View Post
    I don't know what a tucked engine bay is... can you share please?
    Maybe one that doesn't look like a steaming pile of eBay BS like mine?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Yeah 99.9 % of Scion TC drivers are the immature try to race any car type.... In my experience...... SRT 4 Drivers tend to be ****s as well.... Again just my experience.

Oh and a "Ricer" is a Japanese car with an outrageous body kit, fart can exhaust and........ummmmm.... neon lights. Sound about right?

Quote Originally Posted by nicklepage69 View Post
    Pointless as it may seem, some people enjoy just tucking bays. I came from an H22a swapped Honda del sol with the engine bay tucked and it looked really good, if you cant appreciate the bay tucked, youve gotta at least respect the time and effort put into a job well/cleanly done.

I personally have had quite the conversation with a "ricer" who parked his caviler next to my GC 2.5RS. Hes pretty into the flashy scene and thinks of us with the clean cut cars as boring and dis-tasteful. He asked to race my impreza and i declined, but getting the scoop on that scene was kind of cool, next time i hear a neon rev at me i kind of know what hes thinking. Although you might not agree with the "ricer" way of life, i give a well put together car with a stock motor props.
    I'm too thick minded for all of that. Its not a lack of respect for there time and/or effort but rather a lack of respect for what the majority of them promote, which from my experience is poor driving habits and total approval of having no knowledge of your own car or whats under your own hood.

i am by no means an expert, there is just too much to know about cars, but i do have a good amount of knowledge of my car. A couple days ago a 3000gt vr-4 parked next to me, i talked to the owner and asked him what parts he was running or what stage he is sitting at. i wouldn't have even asked him but i saw a fmic, so i did. He said "it has twin turbo's and an intercooler and like 350hp", i have no respect for that. Its fine if ppl want to just buy a car and drive it, but he continued to ask if there was anyone to race because "everyone here looks easy to beat". come on...

i guess what im trying to say is i don't like phony's i like the real deal, and being tactful is a nice quality too.

If you like rice, then go rice your honda, or scion, or eclipse, or even 3000gt out just don't drive up to me and rev at me or anything stupid like that.
    <------------ Pure unfiltered joy... 04 wrx stage III ** The Blobeye Syndicate **... #39----------------------------------->

I Support ClubWRX
    Enjoy your car. The rest is a waste of precious life energy.
    I'm quite sure that people who don't know about the Subaru heritage drive by, see my gold wheels and hood scoop, and think that I'm some sort of ricer. When in actuality I'm more of a couscous kind of guy.
    Last edited by RayfieldsWRX; 09-18-2009 at 09:56 AM.
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post
    Enjoy your car. The rest is a waste precious life energy.
    I'm quite sure that people who don't know about the Subaru heritage drive by, see my gold wheels and hood scoop, and think that I'm some sort of ricer. When in actuality I'm more of a couscous kind of guy.
    See that, tactful. I agree, regardless of the car as long as you enjoy it thats all that matters; not what I, some guy on the internet, thinks. I get worked up but your right Ray.
    <------------ Pure unfiltered joy... 04 wrx stage III ** The Blobeye Syndicate **... #39----------------------------------->

Enjoy your car. The rest is a waste of precious life energy.
    I prefer risotto...
    06 GTO M6 Quicksilver, SLP 455 Bobcat, LS7 Clutch w/ SS line (RPM tune:373rwhp/373rwtq)
    07 WRX TR M5 Garnet Red Pearl w/ Straight PPGs and Cusco front LSD (Agile tune:307whp/343wtq)

When in actuality I'm more of a couscous kind of guy.
    Oh man OH MAN! With honey lamb and steamed vegetables?
    Blobeye Syndicate #888

Hawk-Eye Alliance #801
    The Impreza "this was repaired/replaced at what mileage" database (Please Contribute)
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/showth...57#post2688257

NJO
    i dont see anything wrong with those pictures... and where in SL UT are you from? i live around the university area
    EX BUGEYE MAFIA #193
    1996 Legacy Outback
    Ej20 swap/ with ALL supporting parts
    intake/turbo inlet/vf39/big tmic/headers/uppipe/downpipe/straight pipe/walbro fp/modded stock injectors/ and too much more

Quote Originally Posted by NJO View Post
    i dont see anything wrong with those pictures... and where in SL UT are you from? i live around the university area
    they are so ugly theyre funny... wvc
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #801
    The Impreza "this was repaired/replaced at what mileage" database (Please Contribute)

NJO
    Quote Originally Posted by 06scoobyrex View Post
    they are so ugly theyre funny... wvc
    i was joking, theyre horrible, what wvc? west valley city?
    EX BUGEYE MAFIA #193
    1996 Legacy Outback
    Ej20 swap/ with ALL supporting parts
    intake/turbo inlet/vf39/big tmic/headers/uppipe/downpipe/straight pipe/walbro fp/modded stock injectors/ and too much more

Quote Originally Posted by NJO View Post
    i was joking, theyre horrible, what wvc? west valley city?
    yup
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #801

I DON't consider evo's to be rice, only the drivers sometimes. Around here all I see is Honda ricers, maxima ricers, and some mustang ricers. All the clean cars are usually driven by cool people. Now there are only a couple of reasons one could call the sooby rice, but usually you only see clean soobies on the road.

Also a way to spot rice, performance decals that aren't actually on the car. Like this dude at my school has a supercharged decal on his car when I know for a fact it isn't.
    soon to be converted to JDM again from KDM...
    Bugeye Mafia member #320

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
    Quote Originally Posted by JRivera View Post
    I love a person that can clearly point out the wrongs that people are doing and not the cars themselves and not have a sterotype for evolutions. Thank you.
    I personally love Evos. I was planning on getting one at first, but didn't have the cash for the insurance/maint and all that. As far as "rice" goes, I used to use the phrase "all show, no go", but then I realized riced cars don't even have show as some look horrid. But, as someone said before, at the end of the day, the driver is the one who truly makes it "rice".
    One day I'll have a truly awesome sig
    -------
    2004 impreza WRX
    uppipe, downpipe, ap, and a grin
    ~Blobeye syndicate~ #2007

I think TC and Scion people are the worst