Does EVO=Ricer? - Page 8
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

This is a discussion on Does EVO=Ricer? within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by Sinister Subaru is a weird duck on the pond. Amen. The other day at when we broke ...

Quote Originally Posted by Sinister View Post
    Subaru is a weird duck on the pond.
    Amen. The other day at when we broke the record for the largest Subaru parade, I was at Dunkin Donuts, and Reporter asks me, "Why did you come out here from Indiana, just to drive around in this parade?" I told him the same reason you don't see a F-150 parade everyday, the same reason people in F-150s don't wave at each other on roads, the same reason why many of my friends drive the same car as I do. It what makes a Subaru owner a Subaru owner. The Subaru community is weird duck in the pond no doubt, but in the very best way IMO.
    2012 Lightning Red WRX
    Sold: 2006 Sti
    Sold: 07 335i coupe Monaco Blue

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    ^^ Pretty cool stuff.

I wish I could've come out for that!
    Kevin
    Sinister's Blowoff Valve FAQ
    WRX Gas Mileage FAQ
    Sinister's Progress Thread - 430whp 429wtq - Sold
    Firearms Enthusiasts Thread

The Sheriff's Star at the bottom left corner rates a user's reputation.
    If you found a user's post to be helpful or quite the opposite, please make it known to them by clicking the Star!

Quote Originally Posted by CobbNation View Post
    Amen. The other day at when we broke the record for the largest Subaru parade, I was at Dunkin Donuts, and Reporter asks me, "Why did you come out here from Indiana, just to drive around in this parade?" I told him the same reason you don't see a F-150 parade everyday, the same reason people in F-150s don't wave at each other on roads, the same reason why many of my friends drive the same car as I do. It what makes a Subaru owner a Subaru owner. The Subaru community is weird duck in the pond no doubt, but in the very best way IMO.
    thats a great point. i mean we all see some stuck up suby owners but for the most part its all good. how many ppl drove in that?
    <------------ Pure unfiltered joy... 04 wrx stage III ** The Blobeye Syndicate **... #39----------------------------------->

339. Would have been 344, but my friend in her tribeca was hit by a outback during the parade who wasnt paying attention, and she hit my friend in a wrx. So three cars + mine and another friend didn't get to finish because we waited for the police.
    2012 Lightning Red WRX
    Sold: 2006 Sti
    Sold: 07 335i coupe Monaco Blue

i wanted to go to the subie parade i would have loved it.

but i also love the subie community with the waving and the beeping and the rubber braclets that say "share the love" on one side and on the other it says "subaru(insert subie logo here)"

gah thats part of the reason i could never not own a subaru from now on.
    bugeye maffia member #304 l http://www.flickr.com/photos/joe_fonseca/

Quote Originally Posted by CobbNation View Post
    339. Would have been 344, but my friend in her tribeca was hit by a outback during the parade who wasnt paying attention, and she hit my friend in a wrx. So three cars + mine and another friend didn't get to finish because we waited for the police.
    Exact reason why I didn't go. It was actually right next to where I work but I just don't want any more dings in my car. 300+ cars trying to stay close in a parade spells accident. Or even worse would be if I was the one not paying attention and cause an accident!...boobs happen...
    CGM 2006 Subaru Impreza WRX - Sold
    WRB 2007 Subaru Impreza WRX STI
    Hawk-Eye alliance #100.1

Quote Originally Posted by BrianH View Post
    You ever been to HIN by chance? The trend is still alive and thriving.
    HIN shows are good. I was actually just at HIN Chicago over the weekend. Alot of diversity and different types of cars, most of which are pretty well modded. I will say there was a lack of subies (like 7 tops) compared to other groups like the 50 BMW's I saw lol. Drifting is pretty cool to watch, mostly 240's, but fun to watch em swing wide and hit a wall...oops
    Tyler - Aspen White 04' STI
    Blobeye Syndicate #40
    Stage 2 - 312HP ~ 339 lb ft. torque
    Live Gamertag - TMANN05
    NOTE: If you run a turbocharger beyond itís compressor efficiency range, it will turn into a flame thrower.

I Support ClubWRX
    Not my kind of party. If there's stickers I'm generally out.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

That sure is quite the checklist....
    2004 PSM WRX VF39'd and loving it.
    1979 Camaro Z28 383 stroker
    1993 Silverado 6.5 TD "Old Smokey"
    1974 Honda CB750 cafe racer project
    blObeye SYNDICATE #88
    "In art, as in love, instinct is enough."

After seeing that list, I cringed. This one gave me the chills.

Hottest Engine Aesthetics – This award solely focuses on engine presentation. HP/TQ figures need not apply. Wire tuck, fuse box relocation and AN fitting are just some modifications that are highly recognized to stand out in a build.
    These shows are just promoting rice, it's getting pretty bad...

wow... that list basically just said rice out your car, we dont care if it actually works just rice it out. Even with most of those mods i still would think it looks cheapy, completely pointless in my mind.
    <------------ Pure unfiltered joy... 04 wrx stage III ** The Blobeye Syndicate **... #39----------------------------------->

Seems HIN applies the same checklist to the girls...
    06 GTO M6 Quicksilver, SLP 455 Bobcat, LS7 Clutch w/ SS line (RPM tune:373rwhp/373rwtq)
    07 WRX TR M5 Garnet Red Pearl w/ Straight PPGs and Cusco front LSD (Agile tune:307whp/343wtq)

Quote Originally Posted by The_Buck View Post
    wow... that list basically just said rice out your car, we dont care if it actually works just rice it out. Even with most of those mods i still would think it looks cheapy, completely pointless in my mind.
    Pointless as it may seem, some people enjoy just tucking bays. I came from an H22a swapped Honda del sol with the engine bay tucked and it looked really good, if you cant appreciate the bay tucked, youve gotta at least respect the time and effort put into a job well/cleanly done.

Race
    Inspired
    Cosmetic
    Enhancement

Thats my sweet little acronym for what rice means to me, it really depends on the owner. I bet if the car had a right mind of its own it wouldnt want to have a huge metal spoiler bolted to it, along with a universal loud muffler, some people are just into that.
    I personally have had quite the conversation with a "ricer" who parked his caviler next to my GC 2.5RS. Hes pretty into the flashy scene and thinks of us with the clean cut cars as boring and dis-tasteful. He asked to race my impreza and i declined, but getting the scoop on that scene was kind of cool, next time i hear a neon rev at me i kind of know what hes thinking. Although you might not agree with the "ricer" way of life, i give a well put together car with a stock motor props.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by nicklepage69 View Post
    Pointless as it may seem, some people enjoy just tucking bays. I came from an H22a swapped Honda del sol with the engine bay tucked and it looked really good, if you cant appreciate the bay tucked, youve gotta at least respect the time and effort put into a job well/cleanly done.

Race
    Inspired
    Cosmetic
    Enhancement

Thats my sweet little acronym for what rice means to me, it really depends on the owner. I bet if the car had a right mind of its own it wouldnt want to have a huge metal spoiler bolted to it, along with a universal loud muffler, some people are just into that.
    I personally have had quite the conversation with a "ricer" who parked his caviler next to my GC 2.5RS. Hes pretty into the flashy scene and thinks of us with the clean cut cars as boring and dis-tasteful. He asked to race my impreza and i declined, but getting the scoop on that scene was kind of cool, next time i hear a neon rev at me i kind of know what hes thinking. Although you might not agree with the "ricer" way of life, i give a well put together car with a stock motor props.
    I don't know what a tucked engine bay is... can you share please?
    Kevin
    Sinister's Blowoff Valve FAQ
    WRX Gas Mileage FAQ
    Sinister's Progress Thread - 430whp 429wtq - Sold
    Firearms Enthusiasts Thread

The Sheriff's Star at the bottom left corner rates a user's reputation.
    If you found a user's post to be helpful or quite the opposite, please make it known to them by clicking the Star!