Does EVO=Ricer? - Page 4
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

This is a discussion on Does EVO=Ricer? within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by 240kph Seriously though, stickers are like a shopping list for thieves. Always have been, always will. The ...

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by 240kph View Post
    Seriously though, stickers are like a shopping list for thieves. Always have been, always will.
    The Man Speaks The Troof
    Kevin
    Sinister's Blowoff Valve FAQ
    WRX Gas Mileage FAQ
    Sinister's Progress Thread - 430whp 429wtq - Sold
    Firearms Enthusiasts Thread

The Sheriff's Star at the bottom left corner rates a user's reputation.
    If you found a user's post to be helpful or quite the opposite, please make it known to them by clicking the Star!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

NJO
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinister View Post
    The Man Speaks The Troof
    true, i wanted to make my car look alot more stock and clean any way... guess this is a good push, now ill be rapainting the bumper to all silver again. and no stickers.
    also the stickers are a "pull me over" item to a cop
    EX BUGEYE MAFIA #193
    1996 Legacy Outback
    Ej20 swap/ with ALL supporting parts
    intake/turbo inlet/vf39/big tmic/headers/uppipe/downpipe/straight pipe/walbro fp/modded stock injectors/ and too much more

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by 240kph View Post
    I always thought a ricer was someone who cared more about someone else's opinion than the work of automotive expression that a custom car can be.
    Usually works of automotive expression are anything but that I'm afraid. A decent litmus test is resale value. If something done to a car costs the hapless owner money only to reduce its resale value then that something was probably not a tremendous idea to begin with. That's often why there are for-sale ads that say stuff like "I've got $10K invested in this car, asking only $14K" etc. (because the investment was an investment for the parts supplier, not the car owner...).

Quote Originally Posted by NJO View Post
    but when i jump ut with a comb over and shirt tucked in its just some guy in a wrx who likes tuners.
    Tuners was never a word to be used in polite company IMO. The connotations to me are almost entirely negative. Even in your description, the car is the same; what differs appears to be the driver's hairstyle. One reason it may be difficult to distinguish one (lack of...) subculture from another could be that they are in fact highly overlapping.

This is not to say that there should be a car fashion police or that people who attend concours events don't have their own set of problems (some of the worst suits outside the dog show circuit are at country-club-style car shows). However, there are far less stickers at Pebble Beach than at HIN usually... I'll stick to clean cars with authorized parts. IMO a car's provenance speaks for itself.
    Last edited by SD_GR; 07-04-2009 at 01:50 PM.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by SD_GR View Post
    Usually works of automotive expression are anything but that I'm afraid. A decent litmus test is resale value. If something done to a car costs the hapless owner money only to reduce its resale value then that something was probably not a tremendous idea to begin with. That's often why there are for-sale ads that say stuff like "I've got $10K invested in this car, asking only $14K" etc. (because the investment was an investment for the parts supplier, not the car owner...).
    and such is the reason I'm maintaining the ability to go back to stock, and part the vehicle out. That's why I haven't done anything super custom that would lower resale.
    Kevin
    WRX Gas Mileage FAQ

If you found a user's post to be helpful or quite the opposite, please make it known to them by clicking the Star!

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinister View Post
    and such is the reason I'm maintaining the ability to go back to stock, and part the vehicle out. That's why I haven't done anything super custom that would lower resale.
    I think that's a really good idea because parting out will probably help you reduce your costs when you want to move on, plus you have spares on hand if something should come up.
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

Quote Originally Posted by SD_GR View Post
    If something done to a car costs the hapless owner money only to reduce its resale value then that something was probably not a tremendous idea to begin with.
    While being true, I don't agree with that. Customizing a car is a huge loss of money 99% of the time, whether it's a silly ricer, a dedicated racer, a hot rod customizer, it's all the same. But it's still a tremendous idea. Except for the ricers. They still suck.

Car guys aren't accountants, that's why it's fun.

-Steve
    - Steve -
    black 05 wagon/shaved emblems/25% tint/no drl/2.2k
    XPT stage 2/no silencer/K&N filter/Vishnu up/Helix dp/Espelir JGT500 catback
    05 STi 6mt/ACT street clutch/STi short shifter/black Prodrive knob/Group N tranny mount/auto ds/3.90 r160
    sedan rear sway/17x7 gold OZ Superleggeras/black stockers

I Support ClubWRX
    Kevin
    WRX Gas Mileage FAQ

I flew a Cessna once with a smaller wing than that!

-Steve
    - Steve -
    black 05 wagon/shaved emblems/25% tint/no drl/2.2k
    XPT stage 2/no silencer/K&N filter/Vishnu up/Helix dp/Espelir JGT500 catback
    05 STi 6mt/ACT street clutch/STi short shifter/black Prodrive knob/Group N tranny mount/auto ds/3.90 r160
    sedan rear sway/17x7 gold OZ Superleggeras/black stockers

i dont agree just cuz someone has stickers on there car or bigger rims or bigger exhaust makes them a ricer. ricers are people with cars hocked up using auto zone and walmart parts. there is a silver sti that lives by me thats is sexy as hell. im not into the whole sticker thing but wow. he did it just right. if you have the parts to backup the stickers. then your not a ricer some people just like that. carbon fiber hood dont make you a ricer either. its what they like. fake hood scopes. fake fender holes and a auto zone exhaust rice all the way. and the big exhaust...... most of the time when you buy a cbe the exhaust tip will be about 3 to 4 in. so that not rice either
    278whp 286tq blouch 16g @ 17.5psi
    "My 02 wagon build" http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/everyd...gon-build.html
    Operation Iraqi Freedom x3
    WRX wagon MAFIA #68

Quote Originally Posted by 2002_wagon View Post
    i dont agree just cuz someone has stickers on there car or bigger rims or bigger exhaust makes them a ricer. ricers are people with cars hocked up using auto zone and walmart parts. there is a silver sti that lives by me thats is sexy as hell. im not into the whole sticker thing but wow. he did it just right. if you have the parts to backup the stickers. then your not a ricer some people just like that.
    Decals and custom graphics are one thing - stickers running the length of your car is another. big rims don't neccessarily make it a ricer nor does a bigger exhaust. Some Rays, Enkies, Babs - can empty a wallet and have you heard the SPT CBE @96db?

But I agree with you on principle - thumbing a ricer isn't exactly easy (as i have found in this thread).

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by decrypted View Post
    But I agree with you on principle - thumbing a ricer isn't exactly easy (as i have found in this thread).
    One thing that might clarify things is IMO to ask yourself something like, would I be seen dead in this car? Or better yet, would I drive this car to a funeral or job interview?

Quote Originally Posted by decrypted View Post

Is this the Travis Pastrana civic? Wow! That's awesome ha!
    <-------- Taylor Swift.
    2006 WRX 330whp. 300wtq. Slow.
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #137
    First Mods...what to do.
    Subaru Guide

Rare but possible.

Anyone seen 2fast 2furious?
    Last edited by WRCSubey6; 07-05-2009 at 12:39 PM.

i'v never liked stickers, but a couple tastefully placed decals are fine by me. as for the exhaust, i dont care if its loud, quiet, or just huge as long as they drive like a normal person. if they rip around at 4,000+ rpms then i have very little respect for them or their car. anything bigger than 18" wheels is too much for my liking, and most body kits i cant say i like. streetglow... not cool.

i guess what im saying is when i classify a "ricer" i ask if the car is all show or if it actually reflects the performance/person driving. or if its an eclipse, civic, tiburon i dont like any of those cars, except for chicks, they can drive them.
    <------------ Pure unfiltered joy... 04 wrx stage III ** The Blobeye Syndicate **... #39----------------------------------->

i agree with the ricers are the people with autozone and walmart parts also apc brand stuff is bad to but what makes it worse is they always rev it up when they drive by or try to race you its a joke they are the worst theres a really bad honda accord running around and alot of sunfires that are like this around here terrible cars these are the ricers imo