Does EVO=Ricer? - Page 3
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

This is a discussion on Does EVO=Ricer? within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by Sinister That was one man making one observation. I feel him, but there are plenty of subarus ...

Quote Originally Posted by Sinister View Post
    That was one man making one observation. I feel him, but there are plenty of subarus in my area that do the same bullsh!t. And Civics.. and plenty of other cars.

Don't get too defensive... The majority of highly modified subaru owners have a large amount of respect for the GSX, and the EVO, and so/so respect for certain audi models.
    what he said^^

i started off with a riced out accord, but due to i breaking down all the time its what got me into cars(i figured if i learned how to fix it i can cut the repair costs in half and then some) and now i drive a wrx which is not rice at all, infact i originally wanted to put a bov on my accord so itd sound cool, and now that i actually have a turboed car, i dont want one cause i know its not necessary and in some cases bad for my car.

but i did want a second gen gst/gsx for the longest time, till i heard how much they break down. and i have a crap load of respect for evo's hell i wanted one till i saw the price tag at the time. theyre easy to make a good amount of power with, but i just got a wrx cause of personal preferance, after driving my friends evo IX i realized i didnt like driving it so i have a wrx now
    bugeye maffia member #304 l http://www.flickr.com/photos/joe_fonseca/

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by CarbonXe View Post
    Almost everyone starts off a ricer. Usually after having one riced out car, you'll look back and wonder 'wtf was I thinking?'
    haha soo true first car 6 years ago a mitsubishi eclipse, my "mods" melon launcher exhaust that could be heard for miles, carbon fiber hood, chrome tailights, bright red paint, black windows, carbon fiber interior dash, and yes to top it off neons, inside and outside..

now before you bash me for that haha (which i will gladly accept any and all burns bc it is deserved) i was 16 and in highschool so yes i thought it was cool back then......

NEVER EVER EVER AGAIN WILL A CAR I OWN GO THROUGH THIS KIND OF TORTURE..
    ESPECIALLY NOT MY NEW 09WRX..IVE LEARNED MY LESSON ONCE AND I CERTAINLY LEARNED FROM MY MISTAKES HAHA

NJO
    there are different types of rice imo
    im not going to lie,
    -i have an angled exhaust (even though its painted flat black to be discrete)
    -my exhaust is way loud
    -i like spoilers
    but i dont think my car is rice, ive see WRXs that are wingless, and have a small exhaust, and quite but they seem way more "ricey" then my car, it all depends on how what you have goes with the car, and how well its done.
    EX BUGEYE MAFIA #193
    1996 Legacy Outback
    Ej20 swap/ with ALL supporting parts
    intake/turbo inlet/vf39/big tmic/headers/uppipe/downpipe/straight pipe/walbro fp/modded stock injectors/ and too much more

I guess I was wrong when I said EVO's = Rice...because I bet if I took the same people I saw driving those riced out EVO's and put them in a WRX I would get the exact same results...ha...I feel bad now..I was just upset cause I hate how everyone feels the need to tailgate me and than try to race me...and that day it just happened to be an EVO that I took my aggression out on on the forums...

My first Modding car was a Ford Focus() I don't really consider it rice though...I put a lot of money into it to make it seem fast...for a N/A car it was too. I also bought the expensive stuff...like Cosworth and Focus Sport and Steeda....but I look back on it now and I am like damn....what a waste....the only think you could consider rice on my WRX is the Turbo XS hybrid BOV..I put that on only because I was worried about the stock BPV being able to hold the 21.2psi of boost...also it sounds no different than the bpv does in my opinion...I may try to find a good recirc valve when I get some more money to waste!
    <-------- Taylor Swift.
    2006 WRX 330whp. 300wtq. Slow.
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #137
    First Mods...what to do.
    Subaru Guide

"ricers" isn't that so 90's? Living in SoCal, ricers were all body kit + flashy graphics + exhaust and maybe a nos tank sitting in the back that never got piped. They were a dime a dozen and (not to be racist) almost exlusively an asian phenomina (which I always thought that was where the name came from - again not to be racist, I was 15yo when this was going on). a very high percentage of these cars were civics, crx's, integras and an occasional supra ;P Perhaps the name came from the fact they were all japanese cars and had nothing to do with the drivers....

Anyways - i say that was so 90's because (at least in SoCal) that fad died out real quick when these expensive looking cars started magically wrapping themselves around poles, flying off mountain ridges and expoding and these kids started dying left and right and figured out it wasn't so smart to race them around the streets - not to mention anytime they were taken to a track (if ever) they got pony walked and spent most of the day getting towed back onto the track.

I'm pretty sure there is no such thing as ricers anymore - there are just people who drive fast cars like douchebags and others who drive the same fast car responsibly - and I've personaly never come accross a douchebag in an Evo or an STI to date. But I'm sure it wil happen sooner or later and I won't be surprised if it's an STI or an Evo....instead I'll just either ignore them or invite them to an autox meet

Quote Originally Posted by decrypted View Post
    I'm pretty sure there is no such thing as ricers anymore - there are just people who drive fast cars like douchebags and others who drive the same fast car responsibly - and I've personaly never come accross a douchebag in an Evo or an STI to date. But I'm sure it wil happen sooner or later and I won't be surprised if it's an STI or an Evo....instead I'll just either ignore them or invite them to an autox meet
    You ever been to HIN by chance? The trend is still alive and thriving.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by decrypted View Post
    I'm pretty sure there is no such thing as ricers anymore
    Unpainted "carbon" body parts. Huge wings. Mufflers wide enough that cats sleep in them overnight. 19" wheels, 0.5" sidewalls. Stickers. More stickers. Still more stickers. Sideways stickers. They may have evolved a bit (cartoons, misuse of the word uber with or without umlauts, new silly hairstyles to replace the previous silly hairstyles, clothing that doesn't fit in different ways than the previous clothing that didn't fit, and so on) but they're around. It's visual pollution. What aftermarket companies are left in business must love these guys with their flavour-of-the-week must-have parts etc. but for decades, they've generated eyesores and are still having at it.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    Man is a brute.... If you're cruel to him, he respects and fears you. If you're kind to him, he plucks your eyes out. Alexis Zorbas
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

well is it safe to say then that the population has faded considerably? I guess it's just for me, they I see a ricer as frequently as I see a ferrari.

I think they all just migrated to the MidWest.

We have 'motorsports' shops here that have more to do with 'rare' JDM parts, JDM window blinds, hard parking, stupid body kits and wheels than they do with racing, or making any kind of power. .

NJO
    i think thatwhat makes the car rice is more the driver than the car, my car may have a huge loud muffler at an angle, 5% tints, rims with a gold lip and gold calipers, partially smoked tail lights, and stickers almost all the way down the side skirts.
    if i jump out of my car with a crooked hat and low pants people wil consider me a d-bag with a ricer.
    but when i jump ut with a comb over and shirt tucked in its just some guy in a wrx who likes tuners.
    EX BUGEYE MAFIA #193
    1996 Legacy Outback
    intake/turbo inlet/vf39/big tmic/headers/uppipe/downpipe/straight pipe/walbro fp/modded stock injectors/ and too much more

Quote Originally Posted by NJO View Post
    i think thatwhat makes the car rice is more the driver than the car, my car may have a huge loud muffler at an angle, 5% tints, rims with a gold lip and gold calipers, partially smoked tail lights, and stickers almost all the way down the side skirts.
    if i jump out of my car with a crooked hat and low pants people wil consider me a d-bag with a ricer.
    but when i jump ut with a comb over and shirt tucked in its just some guy in a wrx who likes tuners.
    I see a line of stickers horizontally or vertically coating a street car and I think ricer, regardless of who steps out of the car.

NJO
    Quote Originally Posted by BrianH View Post
    I see a line of stickers horizontally or vertically coating a street car and I think ricer, regardless of who steps out of the car.
    i guess the stickers are coming off...
    EX BUGEYE MAFIA #193
    1996 Legacy Outback

I Support ClubWRX

Saw that one coming...
    Kevin
    Sinister's Blowoff Valve FAQ
    WRX Gas Mileage FAQ
    Sinister's Progress Thread - 430whp 429wtq - Sold
    Firearms Enthusiasts Thread

The Sheriff's Star at the bottom left corner rates a user's reputation.
    If you found a user's post to be helpful or quite the opposite, please make it known to them by clicking the Star!

I always thought a ricer was someone who cared more about someone else's opinion than the work of automotive expression that a custom car can be. Either that or a teenager from the late 90's driving a slow car like it was fast and clearing taillights and wiring neon lights and applying decals with Japanese names that they've never even heard of. And I've always hated ridiculously oversized rims, although nowadays those go on lowriders too (what happened to 13"/14" wires?). Sorry, got a little off topic.

Seriously though, stickers are like a shopping list for thieves. Always have been, always will.

-Steve
    - Steve -
    black 05 wagon/shaved emblems/25% tint/no drl/2.2k
    XPT stage 2/no silencer/K&N filter/Vishnu up/Helix dp/Espelir JGT500 catback
    05 STi 6mt/ACT street clutch/STi short shifter/black Prodrive knob/Group N tranny mount/auto ds/3.90 r160
    sedan rear sway/17x7 gold OZ Superleggeras/black stockers

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.