Subaru WRX Forum banner

Does EVO=Ricer?

24K views 136 replies 40 participants last post by  Pavia 
#1 · (Edited)
How to spot rice!

How to spot rice in my experience!

1. I hear this horrible racket coming from behind me.
2. I see a huge park bench sitting on the trunk...lol...
3. It slows down right next to me....wtf....
4. I hear the kid downshift....
5. He takes off thinking I am going to race him.
6. I see a huge fart can coming out the back and all I think is rice......

In my area VW's are the worst only because there are so many of them...it has nothing to do about the car make its self...I am sure VW's are very nice cars...but they roll in packs here in Dillsburg...it seems like the guy driving the Corrado is always the leader too...

Sorry just my rant...

#104 ·
Subaru do other weird things. Example: the most expensive, hand made, highly evolved Imprezas were not STi cars. They were WRX cars. This is because for some reason (probably just practical) the full Group A/8, works backed WRC cars used WRX (not WRX STi) chassis codes.

Funny enough, less evolved chassis like the Group N cars are STi cars as per chassis code.

I don't know if that was maintained from beginning to the end of the motorsport programme but it was in fact the case during their best IMO years.

#105 ·
This would fit in line with the "WRX" = "World Rally Experiment" though. Subaru is a weird duck on the pond.

#106 ·
Subaru is a weird duck on the pond.
Amen. The other day at when we broke the record for the largest Subaru parade, I was at Dunkin Donuts, and Reporter asks me, "Why did you come out here from Indiana, just to drive around in this parade?" I told him the same reason you don't see a F-150 parade everyday, the same reason people in F-150s don't wave at each other on roads, the same reason why many of my friends drive the same car as I do. It what makes a Subaru owner a Subaru owner. The Subaru community is weird duck in the pond no doubt, but in the very best way IMO.

#109 ·
339. Would have been 344, but my friend in her tribeca was hit by a outback during the parade who wasnt paying attention, and she hit my friend in a wrx. So three cars + mine and another friend didn't get to finish because we waited for the police.

#111 ·
Exact reason why I didn't go. It was actually right next to where I work but I just don't want any more dings in my car. 300+ cars trying to stay close in a parade spells accident. Or even worse would be if I was the one not paying attention and cause an accident!...boobs happen...

#115 ·
That sure is quite the checklist.... :rotfl:

#116 ·
After seeing that list, I cringed. This one gave me the chills.

Hottest Engine Aesthetics – This award solely focuses on engine presentation. HP/TQ figures need not apply. Wire tuck, fuse box relocation and AN fitting are just some modifications that are highly recognized to stand out in a build.
These shows are just promoting rice, it's getting pretty bad...

#117 ·
wow... that list basically just said rice out your car, we dont care if it actually works just rice it out. Even with most of those mods i still would think it looks cheapy, completely pointless in my mind.

#119 ·
Pointless as it may seem, some people enjoy just tucking bays. I came from an H22a swapped Honda del sol with the engine bay tucked and it looked really good, if you cant appreciate the bay tucked, youve gotta at least respect the time and effort put into a job well/cleanly done.

Race
Inspired
Cosmetic
Enhancement

Thats my sweet little acronym for what rice means to me, it really depends on the owner. I bet if the car had a right mind of its own it wouldnt want to have a huge metal spoiler bolted to it, along with a universal loud muffler, some people are just into that.
I personally have had quite the conversation with a "ricer" who parked his caviler next to my GC 2.5RS. Hes pretty into the flashy scene and thinks of us with the clean cut cars as boring and dis-tasteful. He asked to race my impreza and i declined, but getting the scoop on that scene was kind of cool, next time i hear a neon rev at me i kind of know what hes thinking. Although you might not agree with the "ricer" way of life, i give a well put together car with a stock motor props.

#122 ·
Yeah 99.9 % of Scion TC drivers are the immature try to race any car type.... In my experience...... SRT 4 Drivers tend to be ****s as well.... Again just my experience.

Oh and a "Ricer" is a Japanese car with an outrageous body kit, fart can exhaust and........ummmmm.... neon lights. Sound about right?

#124 · (Edited)
Enjoy your car. The rest is a waste of precious life energy.
I'm quite sure that people who don't know about the Subaru heritage drive by, see my gold wheels and hood scoop, and think that I'm some sort of ricer. When in actuality I'm more of a couscous kind of guy.

#125 ·
Enjoy your car. The rest is a waste precious life energy.
I'm quite sure that people who don't know about the Subaru heritage drive by, see my gold wheels and hood scoop, and think that I'm some sort of ricer. When in actuality I'm more of a couscous kind of guy.
See that, tactful. I agree, regardless of the car as long as you enjoy it thats all that matters; not what I, some guy on the internet, thinks. I get worked up but your right Ray.

#129 ·
i dont see anything wrong with those pictures... and where in SL UT are you from? i live around the university area

#133 ·
I DON't consider evo's to be rice, only the drivers sometimes. Around here all I see is Honda ricers, maxima ricers, and some mustang ricers. All the clean cars are usually driven by cool people. Now there are only a couple of reasons one could call the sooby rice, but usually you only see clean soobies on the road.

Also a way to spot rice, performance decals that aren't actually on the car. Like this dude at my school has a supercharged decal on his car when I know for a fact it isn't.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.