Does EVO=Ricer? - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

This is a discussion on Does EVO=Ricer? within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by Pavia I don't consider Evo's rice... I like Evos -the majority of Evo drivers seem OK to ...

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Pavia View Post
    I don't consider Evo's rice...
    I like Evos -the majority of Evo drivers seem OK to me.

Around my neck of the woods, I've noticed the VW drivers seem to be the worse in terms of road manners.
    They are indeed some of the worst around here.
    Moderator for: Aftermarket Vendor & Installer Review / Detailing Forum / Engine Modifications / Exterior & Appearance
    New Member Hangout / Off Topic / Tri-State
    ScoobyDMC #003 Blobeye Syndicate #10
    2004 WRX Sedan PSM 5MT Tactrix Stage 2+ Blouch TD04 19T @ 21 psi
    Mods & Pics

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by JRivera View Post
    I love a person that can clearly point out the wrongs that people are doing and not the cars themselves and not have a sterotype for evolutions. Thank you.
    Most of the folks here are fairly unbiased in their views of enthusiast cars. Don't judge the forum based on one post.
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

Hey Rivers, I like EVO's and I didn't say all EVO's....geez..someone always gets butt hurt...my bad...sorry everyone! I am saying in my experience...I have not seen an EVO without it going buy me going MACH 27 sounding like a huge fart...well other than the 5 I saw tonight at my tuners...which were all awesome cars and I liked them!

*The views expressed in this post have nothing to do with the views of everyone on this forum*
    <-------- Taylor Swift.
    2006 WRX 330whp. 300wtq. Slow.
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #137
    First Mods...what to do.
    Subaru Guide

A wing is rice, but a spoiler is nice!
    i like this alot hahaha
    2004 PSM WRX Kartboy Short Shifter, SPT Cold Air Intake, TurboXS Turboback Exhaust, Cobb AccessPort Stage II
    Blobeye Syndicate #123
    Dirty Crew #123

I had an Evo but I never riced it out. Mine was pretty much a sleeper. I knew a bunch of Evo owners who were previous owners of ricer type civics, and they carry that mentality on to the new ride.

i have mucho respect for anybody who tries to improve there cars. auto zone is not the place to do it lol.. but yes i respect evo's i think they are very aggresive and sexy..... but i got subie love
    278whp 286tq blouch 16g @ 17.5psi
    "My 02 wagon build" http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/everyd...gon-build.html
    Operation Iraqi Freedom x3
    WRX wagon MAFIA #68

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by wrxtreme06 View Post
    everything you listed could have been said for an sti driver too

i've found the evo owners in my area to be some of the nicest guys. scion drivers here are pretty bad.. but every car group will have their nice drivers & every car group will have their ******* drivers.
    Hi Im the ******* driver

Lead Wrench @ WTF Tuning, LLC

Sammich Makin' Pwincess wrxtreme06's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Felginator View Post
    I knew a bunch of Evo owners who were previous owners of ricer type civics, and they carry that mentality on to the new ride.
    i've had 3 hondas before my wrx. one of which had mad tyte jdm clear taillights (hey i was 15 leave me alone!). my wrx seemed to turn out fine though

desiree
    your friendly, neighborhood subaru girl
    abbigale : 06 impreza wrx tr: cobb stage II
    hawkeye alliance #11:11//
    wingl3ss @ll!ance #17 // lvl 80 N.E.R.D.

Quote Originally Posted by wrxtreme06 View Post
    i've had 3 hondas before my wrx. one of which had mad tyte jdm clear taillights (hey i was 15 leave me alone!). my wrx seemed to turn out fine though
    Almost everyone starts off a ricer. Usually after having one riced out car, you'll look back and wonder 'wtf was I thinking?'

Quote Originally Posted by lytlec View Post
    Don't get me wrong...I like the looks and power of the New EVO...but....everytime I see an EVO on the streets here is what happens:

1. I hear this horrible racket coming from behind me.
    2. I see a huge park bench sitting on the trunk...lol...
    3. It slows down right next to me....wtf....
    4. I hear the kid downshift....
    5. He takes off thinking I am going to race him.
    6. I see a huge fart can coming out the back and all I think is rice......

Out of all the cars on the road...EVO's are the worse, I am just glad there are not as many EVO's as VW's...they remind me of back in the day when everyone had a DSM....

Sorry just my rant...
    I don't know about the evo's in your area but the ones I have seen are pretty nice. A good friend of mine owns a gsr and I think i like just about everything about the car. How can you sit here and say the evo's have huge spoilers when I'm pretty sure the STi has a bigger one? and fart can? maybe that was just the kid you ran into because that doesn't ring a bell when I think of my buddys. Honestly, to me it sounds like you are one of those wanna be people who talk about ricers when infact you are probably one yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by onetunedsubie View Post
    I don't know about the evo's in your area but the ones I have seen are pretty nice. A good friend of mine owns a gsr and I think i like just about everything about the car. How can you sit here and say the evo's have huge spoilers when I'm pretty sure the STi has a bigger one? and fart can? maybe that was just the kid you ran into because that doesn't ring a bell when I think of my buddys. Honestly, to me it sounds like you are one of those wanna be people who talk about ricers when infact you are probably one yourself.

Damn you figured me out....I also watch Fast and Furious 7 times a day too...
    <-------- Taylor Swift.
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #137
    First Mods...what to do.
    Subaru Guide

It just goes back to what I said in a thread a few weeks ago...the only people that I see driving EVO's in my part of PA are highschool kids who's parents bought them....

So I think the only people that are ricers in this thread are the ones getting all upset about what I said...that's just my opinion...

So let me changed this around....I hate mini vans that tailgate...mini vans are the worse vehicles on the road...ya know..the ones that are gangsta...I know ya'll know what I'm talking about..
    <-------- Taylor Swift.
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #137
    First Mods...what to do.
    Subaru Guide

Dont like evo's, but cant question them... ive been to a track day at Kyalami and standing at the pitwall when a tunned one come down the straight is something else... it turns heads... the sound they make and the look of the car gets everyone going wow!
    **__The Hawk-Eye Alliance__**
    Member #0135

Quote Originally Posted by lytlec View Post
    It just goes back to what I said in a thread a few weeks ago...the only people that I see driving EVO's in my part of PA are highschool kids who's parents bought them....

So I think the only people that are ricers in this thread are the ones getting all upset about what I said...that's just my opinion...

So let me changed this around....I hate mini vans that tailgate...mini vans are the worse vehicles on the road...ya know..the ones that are gangsta...I know ya'll know what I'm talking about..
    I just cant understand a person that gets on a forum and talks so much sht about all types of ricers... we all know there is some out there you don't have to broadcast it. The only reason you done it was to look funny or you was trying to be cool
    Last edited by onetunedsubie; 07-03-2009 at 04:53 PM.

I know! I was super bored and my copy of fast and furious stopped working...
    <-------- Taylor Swift.
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #137
    First Mods...what to do.
    Subaru Guide

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.